Due to rising rents, America’s homeless ranks graying as older people retire on streets

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
The lady in the story is on disability and living in her truck with a dog. Getting a job at Wal-Mart, McDonalds or Amazon in Bumfugg, Arkansas, or Stinkweed, Louisana, would be a damn improvement for her.

Now You enabling this dysfunction!!!! Be fukking gone from The Coli!!!!

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
200.gif

Can we please stop this line of thinking? There are literally people living and working in those small towns that are literally from 3rd World Countries. They are making it just fine in those small towns and they don't even speak the language or know the customs of the land, but we are trying to pretend that Americans can not make it in those towns?

Seriously though. I understand it when you guys say that people don't want to live in those damn towns. I get it. My parents are from a small ass town and they hated it, but can we please stop pretending like people can not make it in small towns especially when the lady in the story was living in a damn truck with her dog. Do we really think that her life would be worse in Kansas or Mississippi?

3rd world conditions like lacking clean water, electricity problems, running water scarce, no infrastructure, no way to have social mobility, NOTHING.

Go live in that sundown town and see if you make it 5 years without a rope on your neck. :pacspit:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
3rd world conditions like lacking clean water, electricity problems, running water scarce, no infrastructure, no way to have social mobility, NOTHING.

Go live in that sundown town and see if you make it 5 years without a rope on your neck. :pacspit:

Why do you guys have to keep going to the extreme and bringing up sundown towns? There are whole ass Black towns all across America and there are whole ass mixed towns in this country where broke ass Black people and broke ass White people live next door to each other that are not sundown towns.

In your example at lease I might make it 5 years in that sundown town. How long do you think that homeless people can live on the streets of major cities without being attacked or killed?

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
in phoenix, the homeless have created a shanty town outside of the government services building. they sleep outside at night and then go in to try to get help during the day. it's terrible. more and more, the average person needs roommates or they just wont make it. some of these arent even disheveled or drugged out people; they just dont get paid enough to live an american lifestyele.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
The homeless problem here in Denver is INSANE!

Straight up tent cities in public parks and on sidewalks.

And alot of the increasing number of homeless are Black...

13% of the population nationally and 44% of the homeless.
:snoop:

But let the coli tell it homelessness is a white people problem.

Man when I went out to Denver I was surprised by the amount of homeless people just out and about in some nice downtown areas.
I was about to walk somewhere but I saw this massive tent city and said nvm ill catch an uber :picard:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
These stories don't make sense. People don't have to live in cities. They can relocate to smaller cities and rural areas where rent is more affordable. If she drove that big ass truck to a small ass town she might be able to afford a whole ass house or a trailer for a whole lot less.
Older adults require more medical attention which isn’t in rural America so they are still going to end up paying out the nose to stay alive….and probably end up homeless.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
What investment firm is trying to buy up those small bum ass towns in Mississippi, Louisiana or Arkansas? Alright be that as it may there are also towns in flyover midwestern states like Kansas, Iowa and Nebraska. What I am getting at is that there is plenty of places for people to move if they want affordable housing.
:snoop:Try TRICON for one and many other billion dollar investment firms focusing on gobbling up the cheap housing available in the sunbelt states.

Some yall just clueless as to what is happening in America right now

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
200.gif

Can we please stop this line of thinking? There are literally people living and working in those small towns that are literally from 3rd World Countries. They are making it just fine in those small towns and they don't even speak the language or know the customs of the land, but we are trying to pretend that Americans can not make it in those towns?

Seriously though. I understand it when you guys say that people don't want to live in those damn towns. I get it. My parents are from a small ass town and they hated it, but can we please stop pretending like people can not make it in small towns especially when the lady in the story was living in a damn truck with her dog. Do we really think that her life would be worse in Kansas or Mississippi?

:russ: theoretically, yeah living in a small town is probably better than living in a truck with a dog.

But have you ever lived in or near a small town? What happens when Walmart not hiring, or Dollar Tree ain't hiring, or the one rundown gas station? You think there's a lot to choose from? How many additional transients do you think had the same idea? Or even the population that's still unfortunate enough to live there?

Unless you getting help second hand or know somebody, relief is not coming. That's what we're trying to tell you. Marlene and nem not about to let some out of town person take the carpentry job that her meth'd up cousin barely does when he ain't high...assuming you can do manual labor. This ain't a sitcom or Halmark movie where you can open a business or bag some groceries and thrive. There are already people there doing that and struggling.

BlackJesus

Spread science, save with coupons
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
The homeless problem here in Denver is INSANE!

Straight up tent cities in public parks and on sidewalks.

And alot of the increasing number of homeless are Black...

13% of the population nationally and 44% of the homeless.
:snoop:

But let the coli tell it homelessness is a white people problem.

That's what happens when your family don't give a shyt about you and is completely broken down

Koli_Kat

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Why do you guys have to keep going to the extreme and bringing up sundown towns? There are whole ass Black towns all across America and there are whole ass mixed towns in this country where broke ass Black people and broke ass White people live next door to each other that are not sundown towns.

In your example at lease I might make it 5 years in that sundown town. How long do you think that homeless people can live on the streets of major cities without being attacked or killed?

You're going to have to name picture and reference these "small black towns" because coli nikkas don't believe anything they can't see.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:snoop:Try TRICON for one and many other billion dollar investment firms focusing on gobbling up the cheap housing available in the sunbelt states.

Some yall just clueless as to what is happening in America right now

You thought that I wasn't going to go to their website didn't you? :umad:

Just so that you know I mentioned small towns in Mississippi, Arkansas and states like that. Where on Tricon's map do you see them in Mississippi, Arkansas, etc?

RegionMap-2021-07-18.png

Tricon Residential

:duck:

Last edited: