Due to rising rents, America’s homeless ranks graying as older people retire on streets

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:russ: theoretically, yeah living in a small town is probably better than living in a truck with a dog.

But have you ever lived in or near a small town? What happens when Walmart not hiring, or Dollar Tree ain't hiring, or the one rundown gas station? You think there's a lot to choose from? How many additional transients do you think had the same idea? Or even the population that's still unfortunate enough to live there?

Unless you getting help second hand or know somebody, relief is not coming. That's what we're trying to tell you. Marlene and nem not about to let some out of town person take the carpentry job that her meth'd up cousin barely does when he ain't high...assuming you can do manual labor. This ain't a sitcom or Halmark movie where you can open a business or bag some groceries and thrive. There are already people there doing that and struggling.

I was born in a small town. My parents were born in a small town. I still have a large number of relatives living in small towns. So the answer is yes.

If a person is living in a truck with a fugging dog then how are they looking down a job in shythole County, Alabama?

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You're going to have to name picture and reference these "small black towns" because coli nikkas don't believe anything they can't see.

Mane these nikkas know. They just want to talk that shyt and turn their noses up at the thought of living in small towns. We have some elitist ass people in this country that would rather live in a closet in New York than a 3 bedroom house in Holeinthewall County, Kansas.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
How is a person living in their car with a funky ass dog in better position than somebody living in a house in a small town? Small town might have not have modern amenities, but that is better than the amenities that she has in that truck with that funky ass dog.

I got a bunch of relatives that live in Madison county Florida. The town is so small that the nearest Walmart is 30+ miles away.

There's no mall, no gyms, one grocery store which is a mom and pop grocery store, and the restaurants close early as hell (pre pandemic even).

If you're on disability you'll need to be around good medical care and small towns just don't have it like that since small towns are synonymous with underserved areas in terms of medicine.

I did check out the rents and they range between $650-$850

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Cac this-Cac That/Problack in every other thread
But when it comes to the economy
Typing pure conservative white man babble
Lt7X.gif

THE COLI DOT COM

BlackJesus

Spread science, save with coupons
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
They're not.

These towns are "small" for a reason...nobody wants to live in them shyts. In 2022 these towns are where people left behind live, nothing but despair. The whole "oh just pick up your life and move there, it's cheaper :krs:!" Falls flat on it's face if you ever actually go to these places, half of them don't have any modern amenities or things that even suburban folk are accustomed to let alone someone from a city.

And this isn't considering what the rent would cost because I promise you, it isn't as cheap as you think.

They literally selling used trailers you wouldn't step foot in for 200k, rent just as high at 1.2k a month.

shyt is dire and it's wild :francis:

Not always. If you have a remote job there are funky small towns all over the US to post up in comfortably.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I got a bunch of relatives that live in Madison county Florida. The town is so small that the nearest Walmart is 30+ miles away.

There's no mall, no gyms, one grocery store which is a mom and pop grocery store, and the restaurants close early as hell (pre pandemic even).

If you're on disability you'll need to be around good medical care and small towns just don't have it like that since small towns are synonymous with underserved areas in terms of medicine.

I did check out the rents and they range between $650-$850

I don't disagree with anything that you wrote. Small towns definitely have drawbacks that people in bigger cities would never understand. You are right there is a lot of conveniences that you don't have in small towns.

My point was that there are affordable houses in this country. It might not be convenient for the elderly and you are more likely to be underemployed or underpaid in small towns. With all that said I would still think that life is better paying $600.00 a month for rent in a house in Chattahoochie, Mississippi, with the nearest Wal Mart being 15 miles away than living in a truck in hot ass Phoenix, Arizona, with my stanking dog.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Pretty wild when you consider there are so many vacancies and empty lots across LA county for example where New housing could be manufactured. I don't l dont know why they have to plop AH in established residential areas that are clearly opposed. LA county is huge. We have new spaces.

I guess it's not just neighborhoods but entire towns/ cities / provi ces that don't want AH?
LA County has to build upwards like NYC now because there's really no more open land left fam. Also the days of the single family home with the front yard and back yard are pretty much over with in LA. I seen a few open spaces out in Carson off the 405 but not much at all

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
LA County has to build upwards like NYC now because there's really no more open land left fam. Also the days of the single family home with the front yard and back yard are pretty much over with in LA. I seen a few open spaces out in Carson off the 405 but not much at all

New developments are popping up all over the county away from areas that have become to rich for the middle and upper middle class to afford.

I don't agree with you here.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
What investment firm is trying to buy up those small bum ass towns in Mississippi, Louisiana or Arkansas? Alright be that as it may there are also towns in flyover midwestern states like Kansas, Iowa and Nebraska. What I am getting at is that there is plenty of places for people to move if they want affordable housing.

I am beginning to realize that some people think that affordable housing means free housing. As in people should be given a free place to live. No one ever mentions free is not free. Somebody somewhere is paying for it.
I dismiss people that need "things to do" and entertainment as a reason for not moving to somewhere cheaper but it also sounds like you haven't spent any time in any of these small towns you're talking about. I got family in the Mississippi Delta which is poor as hell. The thing is in these small decaying towns with no industry, there's really no good jobs if any at all to make a decent living wage and hope of moving up the ladder. No public transportation so you always have to have a steady running vehicle(cars breaking down and no dough to fix it or being able to get another vehicle can turn into one losing their job.. it happens all the time) Sub par school districts and segregation still running rampant. No new housing or apartments being built. Older whites in power who still try to preserve the "old way" of living which at times even hurts the poor whites as well as minorities, etc.

It gets deep. Hell on the flipside poor Mexicans and Latinos in the south don't have the support system like they would by living in California or Texas. So they could technically be in a cheaper area but everything else for them is fukked. Big cities and small cities have a host and long list of problems and issues to work around. Maybe we should name places and small cities that poorer folks can move to instead of a huge generalization of simply moving to a small town. But I will say the lack of public transportation, solid employment, and finding housing is small towns for poor and starting over folks is a huge hurdle towards a better more prosperous life.

Treeshaz

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Bernal Heights
And the Bezos thread is loaded with TLR posters :cape: for capitalism.
Where tf is bezo relevant any part of these events :gucci:
They're not.

These towns are "small" for a reason...nobody wants to live in them shyts. In 2022 these towns are where people left behind live, nothing but despair. The whole "oh just pick up your life and move there, it's cheaper :krs:!" Falls flat on it's face if you ever actually go to these places, half of them don't have any modern amenities or things that even suburban folk are accustomed to let alone someone from a city.

And this isn't considering what the rent would cost because I promise you, it isn't as cheap as you think.

They literally selling used trailers you wouldn't step foot in for 200k, rent just as high at 1.2k a month.

shyt is dire and it's wild :francis:

Only reason rural area are getting as just expensive as major metro is cause once again housing scarcity :mjgrin:

Common denominator in all of dis

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Where tf is bezo relevant any part of these events :gucci:

I wasn't saying Bezos was relevant, I said the :cape: for capitalism is. The only reason the USA is simultaneously the richest nation on Earth yet loaded with homeless people is because idiots let the wealthy hoard all the money in favor of this "you gotta pull yourself up from your bootstraps" bs and have absolutely zero accountability for what the wealthy do with all the resources they hoard.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I dismiss people that need "things to do" and entertainment as a reason for not moving to somewhere cheaper but it also sounds like you haven't spent any time in any of these small towns you're talking about. I got family in the Mississippi Delta which is poor as hell. The thing is in these small decaying towns with no industry, there's really no good jobs if any at all to make a decent living wage and hope of moving up the ladder. No public transportation so you always have to have a steady running vehicle(cars breaking down and no dough to fix it or being able to get another vehicle can turn into one losing their job.. it happens all the time) Sub par school districts and segregation still running rampant. No new housing or apartments being built. Older whites in power who still try to preserve the "old way" of living which at times even hurts the poor whites as well as minorities, etc.

It gets deep. Hell on the flipside poor Mexicans and Latinos in the south don't have the support system like they would by living in California or Texas. So they could technically be in a cheaper area but everything else for them is fukked. Big cities and small cities have a host and long list of problems and issues to work around. Maybe we should name places and small cities that poorer folks can move to instead of a huge generalization of simply moving to a small town. But I will say the lack of public transportation, solid employment, and finding housing is small towns for poor and starting over folks is a huge hurdle towards a better more prosperous life.

Where do y'all be getting this stupid shyt from? I was born in a small town in Tennessee. My parents were born in a small town in Tennessee. My grandparents and great grand parents were born in small towns in Tennessee, Virginia and North Carolina. Where do y'all be getting the this shyt from? I still have sisters and brothers that live in small towns in Tennessee.

Living in your car in Phoenix with a funky dog can not be better than living ina house in rural town. If you find yourself living in a car with a dog then you might want to reevaluate your priorities because you might be at the lowest point in your life.

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
A lot of people dream of keeping other poor people in CRIPPLING poverty by being landlords of their own. :heh:

If You have to build wealth at the expense of everyone else's well being, that's essentially structured theft and ending social mobility.
There is no ethical consumption out of capitalism. You cannot build wealth in this system without exploiting someone else.

That is how this system is and how it has always worked.