Due to rising rents, America’s homeless ranks graying as older people retire on streets

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
dude, most jobs are in cities and the majority of the population lives in cities. unless u have a fully work from home job, then city living is what u need to do in order to pay the bills and have a decent job.

Small towns have jobs too. It may not be sexy, but it is work. Illegal and legal immigrants literally flock to small towns in the USA and they can find work and homes, but somehow are we saying that American citizens can not?

For what it is worth the story indicated that the lady in the story was receiving some kind of benefits. What is stopping her from looking up the States that have the best social benefits and then relocating to a rural town in that State?

What is keeping her in Phoenix? She is sleeping in truck with a dog, so clearly that ain't it.

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
These stories don't make sense. People don't have to live in cities. They can relocate to smaller cities and rural areas where rent is more affordable. If she drove that big ass truck to a small ass town she might be able to afford a whole ass house or a trailer for a whole lot less.
Be out of touch with reality brehs

Jekyll

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean there’s reasons why alot of areas are empty. Just because you see land doesn’t mean it’s capable of being a residential area. But no, we’ll just be clowns who think the homeless are “elite” because that looks cool and edgy on the internet. I really hate that I share the same forum with alot of you.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
They do but those aren't the areas that need it. They're always building new housing in the high desert in California but nobody wants to live there because the jobs suck and there's nothing to do.
Pretty wild when you consider there are so many vacancies and empty lots across LA county for example where New housing could be manufactured. I don't l dont know why they have to plop AH in established residential areas that are clearly opposed. LA county is huge. We have new spaces.

I guess it's not just neighborhoods but entire towns/ cities / provi ces that don't want AH?

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
I mean there’s reasons why alot of areas are empty. Just because you see land doesn’t mean it’s capable of being a residential area. But no, we’ll just be clowns who think the homeless are “elite” because that looks cool and edgy on the internet. I really hate that I share the same forum with alot of you.
Just leave the coli . It’s really that simple

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I know folks with land down south in some pretty rural areas that get calls every other week from companies outside of the area trying to get them to sell. It's almost like what was happening in NYC right before when the hipsters took over. The secret is out about "down south" to these investment groups.

What investment firm is trying to buy up those small bum ass towns in Mississippi, Louisiana or Arkansas? Alright be that as it may there are also towns in flyover midwestern states like Kansas, Iowa and Nebraska. What I am getting at is that there is plenty of places for people to move if they want affordable housing.

I am beginning to realize that some people think that affordable housing means free housing. As in people should be given a free place to live. No one ever mentions free is not free. Somebody somewhere is paying for it.

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
Are small towns really even that cheap, and what type jobs is out there

They're not.

These towns are "small" for a reason...nobody wants to live in them shyts. In 2022 these towns are where people left behind live, nothing but despair. The whole "oh just pick up your life and move there, it's cheaper :krs:!" Falls flat on it's face if you ever actually go to these places, half of them don't have any modern amenities or things that even suburban folk are accustomed to let alone someone from a city.

And this isn't considering what the rent would cost because I promise you, it isn't as cheap as you think.

They literally selling used trailers you wouldn't step foot in for 200k, rent just as high at 1.2k a month.

shyt is dire and it's wild :francis:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They're not.

These towns are "small" for a reason...nobody wants to live in them shyts. In 2022 these towns are where people left behind live, nothing but despair. The whole "oh just pick up your life and move there, it's cheaper :krs:!" Falls flat on it's face if you ever actually go to these places, half of them don't have any modern amenities or things that even suburban folk are accustomed to let alone someone from a city.

And this isn't considering what the rent would cost because I promise you, it isn't as cheap as you think.

They literally selling used trailers you wouldn't step foot in for 200k, rent just as high at 1.2k a month.

shyt is dire and it's wild :francis:

How is a person living in their car with a funky ass dog in better position than somebody living in a house in a small town? Small town might have not have modern amenities, but that is better than the amenities that she has in that truck with that funky ass dog.

rolling-eyes-eye-roll.gif

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
These stories don't make sense. People don't have to live in cities. They can relocate to smaller cities and rural areas where rent is more affordable. If she drove that big ass truck to a small ass town she might be able to afford a whole ass house or a trailer for a whole lot less.

Don't know where you live, but here in Toronto, post covid, the cities within a 2 hour radius shot up in price to as much, or more expensive then Toronto. Since people didn't have ti work in the office anymore and could work from home, the suburbs and small city prices went through the roof.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Pretty wild when you consider there are so many vacancies and empty lots across LA county for example where New housing could be manufactured. I don't l dont know why they have to plop AH in established residential areas that are clearly opposed. LA county is huge. We have new spaces.

I guess it's not just neighborhoods but entire towns/ cities / provi ces that don't want AH?
It's the entire county that votes against AH..

Watch this video to get an idea of what's happening and how progressive states are the biggest culprits.