“Dudes gotta stop congregating outside of gas stations..just making everyone uncomfortable.” Is this anti-black?

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co
This Atlanta all day. I only pump Shell gas and both the stations closest to me have dusty people loitering and harassing.

I pumped gas two weeks ago. Luckily this time there was only one person out. I passed by and she asked me for a soda. I said cool what do you want. She said lemonade.
:stopitslime:

I paid for my gas and her drink. I get outside to give it to her and two other brothas came from around the side asking where theirs were with the serious face.
:gucci:

I said she didn’t ask for one for y’all
:mjlol:
The audacity haha. I hate that gas station. Three murders and a stabbing since I moved to that area. Ninjas be wildin. My rule is if there’s more than three then I move on. I see why Atlanta nikka be open carrying at the gas station.
:snoop:

I agree with the tweet. This is Atlanta all day.

nikkas ALWAYS outside every gas station with some “Hey brotherman!” “Hey young blood!”.

I don’t even let my lady go the gas station if I can help it. I can only imagine the harassment women get.

Those dudes are bums.

I live in Atlanta and that shyt is pretty much a way of life to the point I haven’t even thought of it as a big deal until this very thread.

Like seriously, i’ve been telling my sisters and every woman i’ve ever dated to NOT be stopping to get gas past 8pm since I was 18. And in certain areas its known which gas stations have the “cool” guys who hang out and do nothing but smoke, drink, and talk shyt to each other and which stations are known for more…sinister activity. But its just been “the way it is” as long as I can remember so its never been a big deal.

I will say that many of the gas stations in Atlanta that are “safe” where dudes be hanging out are connected to other businesses like wing spots/soul food spots/Jamaican spots/barbershops so many dudes will congregate to hang out while waiting for food or a haircut, and I would necessarily discourage that because thats what builds community. But the solo gas stations with 5-7 nikkas in hoodies just drinking beer at 2am? Best to avoid them
The Racetrac on Georgia State’s Campus :mjlol:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Where I live it’s only teenagers bullshytting outside the gas stations. There was a group of white teens outside when I went in the gas station last night. Looking like they were up to some goofy shyt. My girl and I are waiting in line when 2 of the kids come rushing in. I’m immediately like wtf is goin on. But the cashier stops and is trying his hardest not to die laughing. They run to the coolers and frantically grab some things and runs up to the counter apologizing to everyone and asks the cashier how much the milk is. He said just come back and pay in a second. Kids looked like hell all red faced and sweaty with blood shot eyes. They run out the store. Cashier is like “Those dumbasses were doing that one chip challenge. I didn’t think they’d do it right in the parking lot though.”

Lmao we finish ringing out and see the kids puking in the bushes behind the parking lot on our way out. Funny stuff.

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
Not just gas stations but corner and dollar stores as well. Unless you're friends and/or personally cool with the store owner then I don't understand loitering just to be loitering, which is what this is at the end of the day 🤷🏾‍♀️.

My thing is that people who hang out in front of gas stations, corner stores, etc. usually have nothing going on in their lives. It's more often than not homeless, drunken bums, drug addicts, drug sellers, and unemployed young 20-year-old individuals with no drive to do better with themselves, among others.

Outside of the tweeter being Black, I'm not getting where the black angle of this topic is coming from, I see all types of people from Black, White, Latino, etc. being or doing a variety of the aforementioned 🤷🏾‍♀️.

It's not just Black people that do these things or only happens in Black, Latino, etc. dominated areas where this happens, I've seen it in the suburbs too.

Last edited:

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There’s levels to it

If it’s a small group of nikkas outside just staring, something like 3-4 of em, then be on alert.

If you go to a gas station and it’s crowded as fukk with every pump occupied and 7-8 nikkas outside then most likely nobody cares about you…go pump your gas.

ItsPeople

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yes.

The simple fact you can’t get in and get out and conduct your business makes you a coward. You’re scared of poor black people because you’ve got no connection to them. Not because they trying to get you in particular. You just looking at a group and forming a bias.

Mfers be broke at the gas station over various reasons but I highly doubt they trying to rob your ass unless you’re just not street smart to begin with.

Which is really what I feel it is, y’all ain’t spending enough time around real black people so you’re afraid of simple shyt everyone would see in a black neighborhood.

Half of all that is unresolved trauma, the other half is mitigating risk.

Everyone knows nikkas have more smoke for people who look like them vs them other folks. Listen there’s nothing wrong with black men congregating but come on breh, what kind of demographic is really hanging out in front of gas stations daily?

You don’t have to live the struggle and grow up in the hood to understand the black experience . Being black is nuanced, it’s not just super street dudes vs “cowards” There’s a alot of just regular black folk who do their 9-5 and mind their own business.

So you can’t fault regular black people for not wanting to be in an area where stereotypically dusty dudes hang out where there’s a heightened chance of fukkery happening.

Last edited:

DonB90

Superstar
Daps

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
If you have time to hang out at the gas station all day, you're a fukking loser.

Like how does that thought even come up? Why not go in a house or a club to shoot the shyt? I never woke up and thought "Time to start my day. Let me walk to the BP down the street to chill". Dusty and bum behavior.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anybody pushing back is just trying to posture.

Everyone knows if you're driving and see a gas station with like 10-15 heads just standing out there, and there's another up the street with no crowd, you're driving that extra half a mile to get gas.

I don't even get gas in Hartford for the most part. Bloomfield or Windsor.

Too many hijackings and just generally bad vibes to even consider It.
I expect this in places like LA, Memphis etc that are war zones. Ain’t nobody here in NYC concerned about going to a gas station and I’m kinda surprised to hear about this in Hartford.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Define “real black people”. :jbhmm:
Well, for starters, most of y’all’s socializing with supposedly “black” people comes from this damn forum.

And, based on my history in this forum and seeing how everyone talks about their lives, I’m sure if you do associate with real black people outside of this space, it’s limited and a small group with restrictions.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
People still do that? :picard: Like I’ve definitely seen cats hanging out at one gas station that I’m never stopping by… but like this is really still a thing? I’m just thankful that I don’t have to use whatever gas station is by me like I did when I didn’t have a car. shyt does make you nervous man. Wtf are these dudes hanging out in front of the store for? My lil brother was robbed at what’s probably the worst gas station in my hometown, he got arrested after going back to get the guy that robbed him. That gas station has been a problem for years. I think it’s owned by Chinese people. They don’t give af what happens outside as long as they get your money and you don’t harm them I guess.

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships

J.E.T.S

Lookahere mayne...
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta/Memphis

Classic Atlanta. Lol. I remember when that Texaco by the stadium stayed having rappers with millions of dollars hanging out trying to live out their hood fantasies. :francis:

Was that Travis Porter or Soulja boy that met up for some rap beef there too? :mjlol: