“Dudes gotta stop congregating outside of gas stations..just making everyone uncomfortable.” Is this anti-black?

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
If you have time to hang out at the gas station all day, you're a fukking loser.

Like how does that thought even come up? Why not go in a house or a club to shoot the shyt? I never woke up and thought "Time to start my day. Let me walk to the BP down the street to chill". Dusty and bum behavior.

Yep.

How You even have income if you hanging out 12 hours a day, 7 days a week at a gas station? :dahell:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Well, for starters, most of y’all’s socializing with supposedly “black” people comes from this damn forum.

And, based on my history in this forum and seeing how everyone talks about their lives, I’m sure if you do associate with real black people outside of this space, it’s limited and a small group with restrictions.

You didn't answer the question.

You think "real black people" are a monolithic people?

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I agree with the OG post. Aint no need to be outside the gas station like its a hole in the wall club fukking with people who just trying to move along with their day. Go get a job or get some direction in your life you sad ass clown.

Who is feeding and clothing these lazy layabouts.. :hhh:

Daps
I've said it before and I will continue saying it because no one wants to address it... MINDSET

Poverty is a state of being, poor is a mindset. Everyone wondering how young men with so much capability and potential could let it go to waste, that's why. When you see an educated, attractive black woman that's pregnant or got kids by a dead beat, that's why.

You can flip it and look at anyone who has achieved real success in anything and ask them what was one of, if not THE differentiating factor for them and it's going to be their mindset.

This is where I feel like systemic racism, intertwined with a a conditioned, poor mindset in our community over generations has hindered the propagation of knowledge and wisdom from older generations to evolve the mindset. If the older men are around telling it, younger men won't hear it cause the men they listen to and respect are either dead or locked up :snoop:

Normal people plan for their kids, rich people plan for generations/legacy, while the poor plans for next week. It's hard to see the consequences of your actions when your time horizon is so short :francis:

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
This is the only thing that stops me from condemning the practice. I'm not a fan of hanging out at the gas station, but it is a bit c00nish to criticize black people who do it but say nothing about all the whites doing the same thing.
I lived in Knoxville for a bit while going to school there and where meth is probably the biggest drug and it's obvious some of those dingy white folks walking around are on that shyt. Everytime I'd go to the Kroger or gas station down the street from me, there were mad white dudes who looked like they are in their 20's asking me, a grown ass man, for cash when I would pump gas. They weren't physically disabled and they look perfectly fit to work if they would put down the drugs and use a little bit of energy to do so. If anything, when I think of this topic, that time for me is what I think back to.

One dude came up to me, on a weekday, and asked me for cash while pumping my gas. He of course tried to give me a whole storyline why he is asking and I told him no before he got all that shyt out. Also told him you know there is a temp agency literally a few blocks down and he waved his hand at me and left without saying shyt. There literally was a temp agency down the street that you can walk into and get fast work. It was probably put in that area to help all the fukking bums in the area and of course they had no interest.

So, in my case, I'm well aware there are a lot of white folks who do the same shyt. Still losers and bummy shyt to do.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I've been to this store a couple times. It's in stop six. The dudes standing outside the corner store were annoying but wasn't on no gangsta shyt.
I still don't condone congregating in front of a corner store. Go do something productive