“Dudes gotta stop congregating outside of gas stations..just making everyone uncomfortable.” Is this anti-black?

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well that’s pretty annoying. Why are you blocking pumps?

That being said- we are referring to men LOITERING
Loitering can be annoying, but it ain't scary. Cats in here are frightened. I thought we were men.

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
Nobody, regardless of race, sex, class, or age, should be loitering in front of a business.
Are there times when it happens spontaneously or temporarily and it's more fun than reckless?
Sure, but those are blue moon occasions.
Some of these arguments in favor of it might halfway make sense if we didn't know for a fact that it goes down at the gas station regularly.
Beef, fights, murders, robberies, shootings, car jackings, and sexual harassment go down all the goddamn time at the janky gas stations in Any Hood, USA.
The "you scared!" Jedi Mind Trick is a function of arrested psychological and emotional development.
The need to throw yourself into questionable situations to prove something is a result of deep seated insecurity.
That's like nikkas who let gay nikkas touch all over them to prove that they're not homophobic.
You always have people who try to conflate Blackness with nikka shyt when they're not the same.
Some opinions just don't matter.

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
I agree w the sentiment however op just wanted to flex and shyt on nikkas. I hate the narrative of being productive 24/7 that shyt is out and not actually productive as you’ll burnout fast. U think CEOs working 80 hour weeks? They learn to work smarter, some do but again see the above on burnout. Balance is everything and there’s nothing wrong w leisure time. I work in luxury/fine jewelry but around the corner you’ll catch me getting faded at the corner store between my breaks and sometimes I kick it there for a hour or so but that’s because I know the people there.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bars, restaurants, concerts and theaters ain't enough?

Hell your own home/apartments?

If you're posted outside the gas station.. you're either a man child or on dumb shyt

We don't need to be treated like boys, there is opportunity for brehs to put they bread up and get something if it's that serious

But the brehs hanging out outside the gas station ain't on shyt
Restaurants, concerts and theatres aren't third-places.

Third places are social areas between work and home where people can socialize - pubs/taverns/bars *can* be, but in the U.S. this is a lot less common, coffee shops and tea houses, parks and lounges, and older clubs function like third-places - but a lot of areas don't have them.

I'm not supporting gas station hang-outs, but there is a need to have third-places.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Nobody, regardless of race, sex, class, or age, should be loitering in front of a business.
Are there times when it happens spontaneously or temporarily and it's more fun than reckless?
Sure, but those are blue moon occasions.
Some of these arguments in favor of it might halfway make sense if we didn't know for a fact that it goes down at the gas station regularly.
Beef, fights, murders, robberies, shootings, car jackings, and sexual harassment go down all the goddamn time at the janky gas stations in Any Hood, USA.
The "you scared!" Jedi Mind Trick is a function of arrested psychological and emotional development.
The need to throw yourself into questionable situations to prove something is a result of deep seated insecurity.
That's like nikkas who let gay nikkas touch all over them to prove that they're not homophobic.
You always have people who try to conflate Blackness with nikka shyt when they're not the same.
Some opinions just don't matter.
^^^ @Wildin

The point is why are people loitering? Why are people hanging around places of business? It’s not a damn park.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
I agree w the sentiment however op just wanted to flex and shyt on nikkas. I hate the narrative of being productive 24/7 that shyt is out and not actually productive as you’ll burnout fast. U think CEOs working 80 hour weeks? They learn to work smarter, some do but again see the above on burnout. Balance is everything and there’s nothing wrong w leisure time. I work in luxury/fine jewelry but around the corner you’ll catch me getting faded at the corner store between my breaks and sometimes I kick it there for a hour or so but that’s because I know the people there.
This isn’t about being productive 24/7.

It’s about not standing in front of a place of business blocking/annoying other potential patrons.

Again, you aren’t going to be crowding the entrance of a store in the mall because security is there to tell you to leave.

You aren’t crowding the entrance of the club/lounge because the bouncer/security will tell you to get out the way and make room for people who can afford to enter.

You aren’t crowding the entrance of a restaurant because security will tell you to move.

Why are you crowding the damn gas station? Low cost/barrier of entry and no one there to tell you to move.

Vic Damone. Jr

Don't support the phonies, support the real
Daps
Reppin
Memphis TN
Yes.

The simple fact you can’t get in and get out and conduct your business makes you a coward. You’re scared of poor black people because you’ve got no connection to them. Not because they trying to get you in particular. You just looking at a group and forming a bias.

Mfers be broke at the gas station over various reasons but I highly doubt they trying to rob your ass unless you’re just not street smart to begin with.

Which is really what I feel it is, y’all ain’t spending enough time around real black people so you’re afraid of simple shyt everyone would see in a black neighborhood.

Well, for starters, most of y’all’s socializing with supposedly “black” people comes from this damn forum.

And, based on my history in this forum and seeing how everyone talks about their lives, I’m sure if you do associate with real black people outside of this space, it’s limited and a small group with restrictions.
Man shut cho goofy ass up
jey-uso-slap.gif