“Dudes gotta stop congregating outside of gas stations..just making everyone uncomfortable.” Is this anti-black?

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
Growing up by gas stations that had shootings and car hacking on a regular basis - I agree.

The reality is: there needs to be a more robust “third place” for urban adults - particularly black men. Someplace to go between work and home.

I was JUST about to get on my soap box about society's current lack of third places for people (especially teens and young adults) to congregate for free and without facing harassment or being ticketed for "loitering". I mean fukk, when I wasn't working or in school all I did in my spare time was some variation of 'loitering' with my friends from like 15-19. At the mall, on my stoop, in parks, etc. But this was back in the late 2000s/early 2010s when people understood there needed to be an acceptable space for people to hang out that wasn't home or school.

Whore D'oeuvres

Still Trippin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Soufside
How nikkas pushing back against this shyt? One of my homies legit got smoked at a gas station and it wasn't even out of the ordinary. Gas stations have been known to be dangerous for decades. You be a sitting duck while you're pumping gas.

I forgot the name of the account but its a nikka in Chicago got a whole Instagram dedicated to giving a run-down of the most dangerous gas stations in Chicago and rates them 1-10 :mjlol:

If you hang out at a gas station regularly then you're either a bum, a degenerate, or both.

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline
If you can’t simply say “no” to a bunch of dusty bums at a gas station and conduct your business…

If THAT takes too much processing power for your weak mind to interact, then you’re a coward.

Y’all come up with any excuse to be a coward.

Eeeeh I don’t wanna talk to them.

Eeehh they might rob me.

Eeeehh, they’re in a group.

Straight bytch made.

I’m from the damn projects, what I look like being afraid of a crackhead? Or even just normal looking mfers in groups?

I would have never been able to leave my home when I was a kid if I walked around with that fear y’all have.

This is why I said what I said about having a father.

Y’all ain’t got the guidance.

No offense but I stand where I stand on the issue. It’s best to accept my judgement rather than pretend I’m trying to be hard or anything.

This is just one example of the cowardice in the forum. I’m sure there’s plenty more situations.

I'm not interested in putting myself in a position to deal with ignorance

I'd rather be called a coward by a fool

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline
Growing up by gas stations that had shootings and car hacking on a regular basis - I agree.

The reality is: there needs to be a more robust “third place” for urban adults - particularly black men. Someplace to go between work and home.

Bars, restaurants, concerts and theaters ain't enough?

Hell your own home/apartments?

If you're posted outside the gas station.. you're either a man child or on dumb shyt

We don't need to be treated like boys, there is opportunity for brehs to put they bread up and get something if it's that serious

But the brehs hanging out outside the gas station ain't on shyt

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
I agree. nikkas hanging outside the gas station like its passing period in school is some lame shyt, dudes be looking to start shyt (I just make a quick glance then gone about my business. I myself never had problems at a gas station). Also I think tailgating is lame as fukk too.
Tailgating is lame but it be putting the fear of god into ppl who think they own the road: its called passing lane for a reason :francis:

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
I really don't understand hanging out at gas stations, they have nothing better to do. That's trouble and bullshyt might pop off. I refuse to go to the gas station where a bunch of bum people hang out. I don't want to be caught up in their bullshyt beef shyt that I might be caught up in the wrong place at the wrong time. fukk that.
Back when I got my first apartment there was a 7/11 down the street I used to go to that usually had a gaggle of nikkas hanging out front smoking swishers and drinking beer. They weren't too bad, yeah they tried to holler at all the fine women but they'd hold the door open for the elders and would give you a head nod on the way in or out.

About a month after my move my mom comes to town to see my new place and go to dinner. After dinner I had her take me over there to cop my usual snacks and not 30 seconds after entering the store, all I hear from the parking lot is "boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom!" I look outside and see nikkas fleeing, few more seconds later another round of "boom, boom, boom, boom!" and tires screeching. The cashiers are fully crouched behind the counter, a few customers are on the floor and I found myself ducking down by the drink fridge with my eye on the rear exit door, fumbling for my phone to call my mom to make sure SHE was okay.

Thankfully everyone survived and only two brehs were injured but this shyt was nothing but a half assed drive-by done by some young nikkas who had "beef" with one of the outside nikkas, saw an opportunity and took it.

I was 18 then and I'm 32 now and I think about that incident every time I enter a gas station or convivence store. A few more seconds asking ma dukes if she was SURE she didn't want a Coke for the road and I might not be writing this right now. That's some spooky ass shyt.

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Where I'm at theres a bunch of drunk Mexicans that hang out in front of the stores. Home Depot has so many of those dudes out there. But you just move on maybe it's the media putting out a negative image for the most part those groups are harmless

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Where I'm at theres a bunch of drunk Mexicans that hang out in front of the stores. Home Depot has so many of those dudes out there. But you just move on maybe it's the media putting out a negative image for the most part those groups are harmless

The guys "hanging out" at Home Depot are laborers looking for work.

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
If you have time to hang out at the gas station all day, you're a fukking loser.

Like how does that thought even come up? Why not go in a house or a club to shoot the shyt? I never woke up and thought "Time to start my day. Let me walk to the BP down the street to chill". Dusty and bum behavior.
This is how I feel, but in NYC it's the corner stores. How much of a bum are you that the only thing you can do is chill out by the bodega ALL DAY?

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
A while ago, I was having a bad day and a crackhead outside the gas station asked me for money as soon as he saw me park

I told him, "Suck my dikk" and he asked, "How much?" :skip:
full

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
I saw somebody I went to school with hanging out in front of the g station lookin' bad. He asked me if I had any change and I told him I didn't have cash on me. I went in, paid for my gas and hit the option for "cash back". I came out and gave breh $5.

Those are the type of ppl that hang out at gas stations.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
I ain't gonna lie, I used to pull up to the g station to show off my sounds. I pulled up with my homie who was in the passenger seat passed out, high as hell. I park at the pump and go in to get some chips. I got my mp3 disc on shuffle and "Pimp In My Own Rhyme" is bumpin' as I go in. I'm walking past ppl, head noddin' "what up" to ppl and walkin' all cool n shyt like :myman: When I come out, I hear some flutes. I listen closer and it is Celine Dion's "My Heart Will Go On".

I'm yellin' out "CHANGE IT, MOE!!!!:damn:" but that fool is out like a light. I run to the car and luckily I stop it before she starts singing