“Dudes gotta stop congregating outside of gas stations..just making everyone uncomfortable.” Is this anti-black?

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline
At least I can gas up at any station without tucking my tail between my legs

:manny:

You think I give a fukk about reps? Or what you think they mean?

You nikkas are afraid of gas station bums. I’d expect you to see a little red on a screen and bytch out too, ain’t nothing out the ordinary.

Also, you keep quoting me alot for someone who doesn’t pay attention to posters in the red.

Just keep it moving, coward. I know you bytch made, you already said you were

its not about being scared

its about not having to expend energy interacting with people on bullshyt

or even having to think twice about the safety of your car when you enter the building

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
I'm talking about impromptu meets. That means one or 2 people (in different cars) coming upon each other at a gas station, then a third joins, then a forth. An hour later you have 15 cars. Taking up all the pumps or parking spots so regular customers can't just park and go run in and buy something. We got complained on all the time by 'customers', workers, police.

A part of the reason we made it a point to have people go in. Even if it was to buy a water, then come out, talk for 20 more minutes then go back in and buy a hot dog, then go out, talk for 20 mins, go in and buy another drink. They had to miss us with that "if you're not buying, you must leave!" That's not how it works at all.
Well that’s pretty annoying. Why are you blocking pumps?

That being said- we are referring to men LOITERING

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
this sounds like when folks on twitterr were complaining about dudes hanging out at bodegas

ShaneTheRogue

Roguelike
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tennessee
The only times I experienced this was when I stopped in Georgia otw to a party and when I lived in Birmingham for a lil while. My 1st instinct was dudes was looking for a lick. I'm from a small town in TN mfs don't do that back home.

Most of these places that have this type of activity have little to no "third places" I think. People in here are saying or insinuating it's a hood problem. Need more free or cheap places for people to socialize that's not a club.

In sociology, the third place refers to the social surroundings that are separate from the two usual social environments of home ("first place") and the workplace ("second place"). Examples of third places include churches, cafes, clubs, public libraries, gyms, bookstores, stoops and parks. In his book The Great Good Place (1989), Ray Oldenburg argues that third places are important for civil society, democracy, civic engagement, and establishing feelings of a sense of place.

J.E.T.S

Lookahere mayne...
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta/Memphis
Tbh I don’t even talk to them nikkas, say excuse me, no nothing.

I walk right past em or between em if they’re in the way. Junkies and a nikka tryna sell me some “gas” instantly get mugged and a head shake like “hell nah”.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
its not about being scared

its about not having to expend energy interacting with people on bullshyt

or even having to think twice about the safety of your car when you enter the building
If you can’t simply say “no” to a bunch of dusty bums at a gas station and conduct your business…

If THAT takes too much processing power for your weak mind to interact, then you’re a coward.

Y’all come up with any excuse to be a coward.

Eeeeh I don’t wanna talk to them.

Eeehh they might rob me.

Eeeehh, they’re in a group.

Straight bytch made.

I’m from the damn projects, what I look like being afraid of a crackhead? Or even just normal looking mfers in groups?

I would have never been able to leave my home when I was a kid if I walked around with that fear y’all have.

This is why I said what I said about having a father.

Y’all ain’t got the guidance.

No offense but I stand where I stand on the issue. It’s best to accept my judgement rather than pretend I’m trying to be hard or anything.

This is just one example of the cowardice in the forum. I’m sure there’s plenty more situations.

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
I said something similar to my friends back in Bmore when I was 16. I told them specifically this, "We know they look for anything to arrest us on. So why hang out in front of this 7/11 when we all have homes we can hang outside of?". I then ended my statement by telling them, "Don't give your enemy bullets to shoot you with."

Now the great thing about it all, was that they listened to me. Well atleast when I was with them, we only hung out in front of our homes or inside of them. It saved our ass one day too, when a cop tried to tell us to move along when we were right on the grass of my Grandfather's house. I told the cop we were not moving anywhere, because this was where I live and this is my Grandfather's property. The cop had to move his WS ass on from us.

So I said all of this to point out that loitering on someone else's property is a recipe for all sorts of problems not only with other people, but also with the establishment. I've seen and experience enough times when cops took any small chance to try to place some sort of criminal record on our names. So I know the games they use to aid in our destruction. So again I state anyone who supports loitering outside of areas not made for such, "Don't give your enemy bullets to shoot you with".