Drake shouldn’t be allowed to call Black people both racists AND nikkas.

Do You Agree?

• Yes

Votes: 91 91.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 8.1%

• Total voters

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
No it has not clouded my judgment. It has made me see how white people are behind the scenes, in their homes, and given me a more realistic view than the exaggerated, and idealized image they portray in the media.
Okay.

Drake's mother is white and an ethnoreligious Jew, nothing wrong with that. Drake grew up and lived in a white home as a biracial young man.
Since you have seen "how white people are behind the scenes, in their homes", last question: Yes or No? Should Drake be allowed to call black people both racists and nikkas?

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm black as fucc and said no :yeshrug: I just don't subscribe to the idea that black people can't be racist. That's all. Was what Ross said to Drake racist to me? Nope. Was Drake being a sensitive hoe dog whistling when he said Ross was being racist? Yes. But can Drake call black people niccas and call them racist too? Y E S....if he believes they've done or said something racist and consider hom to be black, which society generally does consider him to be, so it is what it is.

I don't consider mixed people to be Black anyway so :troll:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Do you expect this man to NOT defend his mother?

Does he look white? Do you think he’s been treated like a white, or Jewish person? I’ve said the same about Obama. They have some black experience, because they look black, and are treated like black people. Most black American families have light skinned people in our families. Obama could be my uncle.

Drake is both black, and white. Yes, sometimes black people say racist things.

That is the logical, non emotional answer.

Edit: that entire thread is cringe
There's a difference between Drake and other biracial Black men like President Obama, Bob Marley, and (possibly) Frederick Douglas. The latter three men were CULTURALLY Black. They didn't just profit from our culture (like Drake has), they actually live(d) in the culture.
Three of those men married Black, raised beautiful Black families, attended Black churches, and are still celebrated by the Black masses...and then there's Drake:

Aubrey's family photo looks like a Klan rally. He loves poutine, but he's probably never eaten turnip greens.
So yes, while Drake's melanated skin gives him the look of one of our relatives, his character would probably keep him far from our family reunions.

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know
Do you expect this man to NOT defend his mother?

Does he look white? Do you think he’s been treated like a white, or Jewish person? I’ve said the same about Obama. They have some black experience, because they look black, and are treated like black people. Most black American families have light skinned people in our families. Obama could be my uncle.

Drake is both black, and white. Yes, sometimes black people say racist things.

That is the logical, non emotional answer.

Edit: that entire thread is cringe
Drake did not grow up in the United States.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
:ehh: Yes his been in character for 15yrs got to respect the craft..method acting to a whole new level.

He never even played the role well though, I'm more mad at his fans and stans that continued to enable this caricature of his tbh.

vibe-drake-dada-slander.jpg

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
There's a difference between Drake and other biracial Black men like President Obama, Bob Marley, and (possibly) Frederick Douglas. The latter three men were CULTURALLY Black. They didn't just profit from our culture (like Drake has), they actually live(d) in the culture.
Three of those men married Black, raised beautiful Black families, attended Black churches, and are still celebrated by the Black masses...and then there's Drake:

Aubrey's family photo looks like a Klan rally. He loves poutine, but he's probably never eaten turnip greens.
So yes, while Drake's melanated skin gives him the look of one of our relatives, his character would probably keep him far from our family reunions.

Obama did not grow up in Black culture. He barely knew his Dad and was raised by his 2 white grandparents on his Mother's side.
But he did learn what does and doesn't fly in the community. He's just way smarter than Drake.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

giphy.gif

That's a cac with a tan and a prop Black family.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Obama did not grow up in Black culture. He barely knew his Dad and was raised by his 2 white grandparents on his Mother's side.
But he did learn what does and doesn't fly in the community. He's just way smarter than Drake.
I know his history, but I also know that he has a Black wife & 2 Black kids. Obama and Drake aren't the same.

Daps
Okay.

Drake's mother is white and an ethnoreligious Jew, nothing wrong with that. Drake grew up and lived in a white home as a biracial young man.
Since you have seen "how white people are behind the scenes, in their homes", last question: Yes or No? Should Drake be allowed to call black people both racists and nikkas?

I don’t believe anyone should use it, but within context, yes.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps

How did Obama grow up black when he was raised by white people in Hawaii and Indonesia?

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na

I disagree that Barack is culturally black