Drake shouldn’t be allowed to call Black people both racists AND nikkas.

Do You Agree?

• Yes

Votes: 91 91.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 8.1%

• Total voters

MasterThought

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I don't like hearing ANY rappers use that word anymore (one of the main reasons my rap music consumption has went down) but there's a few rappers that it always rubbed me the wrong way...and it's these biracial suburban type rappers like Drake, J cole & Joyner Lucas. (Logic also but I don't think he uses it that much)

They use the word mainly to OVERCOMPENSATE the fact that they are half cac....they use it to APPEAL to black people and feel it makes them more AUTHENTIC to the black crowd and hip-hop culture generally speaking.

They also use the word (like full black rappers also) to sound tough and Intimidating.

The Nword is a word that black men use alot of times to INTIMIDATE each other...to sound tough...to sound "hood"...to sound "street".....to sound "down"......to belittle the person/people you're speaking to (can't none of you n1ggas see me).

Lots of you do this and don't even realize it....it's all subconscious.

Another rapper is that YBN Cordae guy. I don't know if he's mixed but I see right through him and the Nword. He uses it excessively in the few songs I've listened to and he OVERCOMPENSATES with it to sound tough when we all can take one look at him and tell he's not a tough guy.

The Nword is basically a right of passage for black men and black adjacent men.

It really takes alot to come out of the word and just be yourself and say "nah, I'm not going to use it".

Some use it out of self hate and hatred for other black people and others use it because they are followers and want to fit in.

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
Do you expect this man to NOT defend his mother?

Does he look white? Do you think he’s been treated like a white, or Jewish person? I’ve said the same about Obama. They have some black experience, because they look black, and are treated like black people. Most black American families have light skinned people in our families. Obama could be my uncle.

Drake is both black, and white. Yes, sometimes black people say racist things.

That is the logical, non emotional answer.

Edit: that entire thread is cringe
Was a racial jab made at him, or not?

If someone is calling him white as an insult, especially when he doesn’t claim white, or look white, yeah, it’s racist. It’s a race based insult.
rs_1024x759-180531111338-1024-drake-sophie-Brussaux.jpg

michelle-barack-a7167c50cf2d4d9f93797ef67548b478.jpg

Is Drake married to the mother of his child? Or did he choose to seed her up and be a...

How you got black women on a soft rebuttal to a diss record about you recklessly seeding up a white woman?

Drake may not be white, but how have his choices and actions not perpetuated whiteness?
Believing the studio gangsta charade of a biracial child actor with a preference for white women
Don't juelz about Drake having a bad one night stand, he's a public figure smart enough to know what can happen when he go raw.
He has a preference for white women because he slept with and seeded one. His mother is one. Stop acting like biracial people have no agency or choice in how they want to be viewed by who they align with, they are not tragic figures.
Most enduring connections are marriage and children because they create legacy.

something transmitted by or received from an ancestor or predecessor or from the past

Drake has established a white legacy with Sophie even if he is making money in black culture.
He rappin' to get rich quick not 'cause he care about the culture and the craft.

How is being called white racist when choosing to create a white legacy while at the same time having a white mother?
001887002019.jpg

Logically explain to me how what Drake did was any different from the symbolism in the above painting.
Stop giving passes to people you don't know because of "racism". It's intellectually lazy.

Sincerely, a lazy person.

PS - nothing about analyzing internalized racism or dynamics of race and racism is racist.

Daps
rs_1024x759-180531111338-1024-drake-sophie-Brussaux.jpg

michelle-barack-a7167c50cf2d4d9f93797ef67548b478.jpg

Is Drake married to the mother of his child? Or did he choose to seed her up and be a...

How you got black women on a soft rebuttal to a diss record about you recklessly seeding up a white woman?

Drake may not be white, but how have his choices and actions not perpetuated whiteness?

Don't juelz about Drake having a bad one night stand, he's a public figure smart enough to know what can happen when he go raw.
He has a preference for white women because he slept with and seeded one. His mother is one. Stop acting like biracial people have no agency or choice in how they want to be viewed by who they align with, they are not tragic figures.
Most enduring connections are marriage and children because they create legacy.

Drake has established a white legacy with Sophie even if he is making money in black culture.

How is being called white racist when choosing to create a white legacy while at the same time having a white mother?
001887002019.jpg

Logically explain to me how what Drake did was any different from the symbolism in the above painting.
Stop giving passes to people you don't know because of "racism". It's intellectually lazy.

Sincerely, a lazy person.

PS - nothing about analyzing internalized racism or dynamics of race and racism is racist.

:skip:

Are you saying a preference for white women makes you less black when you’re on a forum with a pinned RIP post defending OJ Simpson? Kanye didn’t even get called a c00n until the Trump stuff.

Have you not been paying attention to what Nick Cannon is doing? Eddie Murphy went from black, to biracial, to white.

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
:skip:

Are you saying a preference for white women makes you less black when you’re on a forum with a pinned RIP post defending OJ Simpson? Kanye didn’t even get called a c00n until the Trump stuff.

Have you not been paying attention to what Nick Cannon is doing? Eddie Murphy went from black, to biracial, to white.
I'm saying seeding up your preference for white women when you are half-white is revealing personal choice when play the race card against black people when you are also half-black. You're not picking sides, you already picked sides.

You focused on a forum, I'm not.

Establishing a biracial legacy, Nick Cannon, OJ Simpson, Eddie Murphy, OJ Simpson, Dennis Graham, is not the same as establishing a white legacy: Drake.

Lemme stop you before you bring up one-drop.
Do the math, is 1/2 coffee the same as 3/4 or 5/6 coffee?
Is 3/4 milk is the same as 1/2 milk? No, just because the "genes are stronger" don't mean the skin is darker after successive generations of seeding up or being seeded up by white people. Issa spectrum where the proceeding legacy is based on preceding choices.

What you do now has an consequence later or immediately...

Issa reason mulatto, quadroon and octoroon categories exist whether they currently used. The categories exist to align anything between a black and white union to blackness to maintain white purity.

That's not conjecture, it's a historical truth and a mathematical fact.
Just because some people don't learn from history and are bad at math don't mean it's somehow wrong if it's on a forum.
That's bad argument support.

:sas2:
You biracial or dating a white woman?