Drake shouldn’t be allowed to call Black people both racists AND nikkas.

Do You Agree?

• Yes

Votes: 91 91.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 8.1%

• Total voters

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
How did Obama grow up black when he was raised by white people in Hawaii and Indonesia?
Did you guys just see the word "Obama" and stop reading? I only used his name because I was replying to someone else. I mentioned Bob Marley & Frederick Douglas, too. Ask me about them, or let's get back to the subject of Drake.

Rn.

Supporter
Daps
I don't like hearing ANY rappers use that word anymore (one of the main reasons my rap music consumption has went down) but there's a few rappers that it always rubbed me the wrong way...and it's these biracial suburban type rappers like Drake, J cole & Joyner Lucas. (Logic also but I don't think he uses it that much)

They use the word mainly to OVERCOMPENSATE the fact that they are half cac....they use it to APPEAL to black people and feel it makes them more AUTHENTIC to the black crowd and hip-hop culture generally speaking.

They also use the word (like full black rappers also) to sound tough and Intimidating.

The Nword is a word that black men use alot of times to INTIMIDATE each other...to sound tough...to sound "hood"...to sound "street".....to sound "down"......to belittle the person/people you're speaking to (can't none of you n1ggas see me).

Lots of you do this and don't even realize it....it's all subconscious.

Another rapper is that YBN Cordae guy. I don't know if he's mixed but I see right through him and the Nword. He uses it excessively in the few songs I've listened to and he OVERCOMPENSATES with it to sound tough when we all can take one look at him and tell he's not a tough guy.

The Nword is basically a right of passage for black men and black adjacent men.

It really takes alot to come out of the word and just be yourself and say "nah, I'm not going to use it".

Some use it out of self hate and hatred for other black people and others use it because they are followers and want to fit in.

shut up nikka

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
No, we're talking about Drake using the n-word & calling Black people racist. Obama's upbringing has nothing to do with the subject of this thread.
You brought him up not me and said he was culturally Black. I'm correcting the record and saying that's false. It's not an insult no one has control over how they were raised.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
You brought him up not me and said he was culturally Black. I'm correcting the record and saying that's false. It's not an insult no one has control over how they were raised.
I didn't bring him up, the guy I replied to did. Even if I did bring him up, though, he wasn't the only name I mentioned. Don't get hung up on one word, read the entire post.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Invited the police and Henry Gates to the white house, when the police came on his property on some bullshyt

Called Baltimore rioters thugs

Dude is a. Chameleon and will say anything to get what he wants
No true beliefs

What part of being Black is that?
I said "Ok", but what does any of that have to do with the subject of the thread?