"Drake couldn't exist if Big & Pac was around, would have him for lunch" - Shyne

Daps
I said a hip, a hop the hippie the hippie
To the hip hip hop and you don't stop
The rock it to the bang bang boogie
Say up jump the boogie to the rhythm of the boogie, the beat

:banderas:

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
I dont think people who love Drake really understand the problem a lot of folks have with him.

Im the furthest thing from a street cat...so im not coming from that "i miss the era when people got shot" angle.
Its just that...if Drake wasnt a rapper, city type folk wouldnt even fukk with him.
He just seems like he belongs in a Bay Side High setting...like the whole thing is just an act.

I cant really put my finger on it...it all just seems forced. Like he practiced how to be around black folks...and when he's with his family his whole steeze changes.

Nothing seems genuine

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tupac, you mean the dude who went to performance art school as a ballet dancer?

images

Tupac's the GOAT don't get me wrong, but I'm just illustrating that hip hop has always had characters like Drake. The hate is unwarranted, dude can spit

I mean 2 Pac who made the greatest Hip Hop music in history, not soft corny bullshyt music. Let's be realistic, Drake has no songs on the level of Dear Mama, Keep Ya Head Up, Papaz Song, Old School, Me Against The World, even his girl or clubs tracks are vastly superior to all Drake's songs.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont think people who love Drake really understand the problem a lot of folks have with him.

Im the furthest thing from a street cat...so im not coming from that "i miss the era when people got shot" angle.
Its just that...if Drake wasnt a rapper, city type folk wouldnt even fukk with him.
He just seems like he belongs in a Bay Side High setting...like the whole thing is just an act.

I cant really put my finger on it...it all just seems forced. Like he practiced how to be around black folks...and when he's with his family his whole steeze changes.

Nothing seems genuine

Great post, this is exactly what I'm saying. It's not about being a gangsta, you can not be a gangsta, not even be a street dude and have substance and integrity. MLK wasn't a gangsta but if he made records with content I'd listen to him. I don't give a fukk about someone being a gangsta, but they have to have some element of content and not be so negative, fake and corny.

Brother Ali, Slug, J Cole aren't gangsta rappers, no issue with them. Mad rappers aren't gangstas and are still good, it's nothing to do with that, Kool Moe Dee wasn't a gangsta, Last Emperor isn't a gangsta, but they not soft at all either.

You said a lot of real shyt, he's fake as fukk.

thernbroom

Superstar
Daps
Drake's whole shyt is an act, I can't fukk with that fraudulent shyt. shyt is like the twilight zone, if you take it back to them eras people wouldn't have believed this shyt lol. Drake's playing the part of a rapper pretty much, he's a child actor that grabs men's asses.
:heh: you think jadakiss is really about that life?

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everything ain't black or white, you don't have to be a gangsta to not be a bytch, you don't have to be a bytch or a gangsta. There's a huge middle ground, I'm not a gangsta as I don't make my money from gangsta activities or gang bang or none of that, but far from soft, have integrity and honour. shyt is about manhood, not being completely emasculated, Drake's music is hollow and shallow, it's pathetic, sounds like something a dumb 15 year old girl would make, I'd be embarrassed listening to that motherfukker, straight trash.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.

Nothing seems genuine

Alot of rappers aint about that life,alot of rappers from the 90s was frontin about there shyt...Im not really a drake fan but why do fans of his need to understand a haters perspective ? They just enjoying the music not the extra bullshyt like you worried about...

At the end of the day my man its just music...

Capo Dei Capi

Fukk a studio thug, I'm a skinny jeans bigot
Daps
Everything ain't black or white, you don't have to be a gangsta to not be a bytch, you don't have to be a bytch or a gangsta. There's a huge middle ground, I'm not a gangsta as I don't make my money from gangsta activities or gang bang or none of that, but far from soft, have integrity and honour. shyt is about manhood, not being completely emasculated, Drake's music is hollow and shallow, it's pathetic, sounds like something a dumb 15 year old girl would make, I'd be embarrassed listening to that motherfukker, straight trash.
:lawd:
I've never heard a full drake record in my life for this reason.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:lawd:
I've never heard a full drake record in my life for this reason.

I've heard for research purposes and it's beyond trash, I heard his new "album" yesterday, shyt gave me a headache, it was an ordeal, I think he should financially compensate me for the wasted tie of my life he took lol, jokes lol, but shyt really was awful, there's 1 decent song and it's a bonus track lol. The rest is unlistenable, and I can't even listen to the decent/track that isn't as bad. Corny motherfukkers will defend it to death but people hyping this bullshyt reaching, mad people released a better project than Drake in the last years. He isn't a top 100 rapper.

Capo Dei Capi

Fukk a studio thug, I'm a skinny jeans bigot
Daps
I've heard for research purposes and it's beyond trash, I heard his new "album" yesterday, shyt gave me a headache, it was an ordeal, I think he should financially compensate me for the wasted tie of my life he took lol, jokes lol, but shyt really was awful, there's 1 decent song and it's a bonus track lol. The rest is unlistenable, and I can't even listen to the decent/track that isn't as bad. Corny motherfukkers will defend it to death but people hyping this bullshyt reaching, mad people released a better project than Drake in the last years. He isn't a top 100 rapper.
haha
I only heard the first track he did with Jay apart from his singles and it was :yeshrug: Most of the people I know that like him ain't even really Hip-Hop fans they like his singing more. I've heard people say Kanye is top 5 of all time so it really wouldn't shock me to see someone claim Drake is the GOAT at this point. If anyone has either in a top 10 or 20 list I can't take their opinion seriously.

DillaTUDE

Superstar
Daps
He's probably right in regard to 'Pac but not B.I.G.. B.I.G. wouldn't of had an issue with Drake because he wasn't a bitter and divisive dude like 'Pac. The same way Drake experiments with his music is the same way B.I.G. experimented with his music when he was alive:

And what's the issue with Drake "acting" like a "street kid" when the same can be said for 2Pac:

^^You can't go from that to this:
AllEyezOnMe.jpg

In hip-hop's so-called "realest era" and tell me that Drake wouldn't have been eating in the 90s. At the end of the day it's just music, and as long as you make good music nobody should care about how "real" or "fake" you are. The only people who have this issue are people who love to idolise rappers.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
haha
I only heard the first track he did with Jay apart from his singles and it was :yeshrug: Most of the people I know that like him ain't even really Hip-Hop fans they like his singing more. I've heard people say Kanye is top 5 of all time so it really wouldn't shock me to see someone claim Drake is the GOAT at this point. If anyone has either in a top 10 or 20 list I can't take their opinion seriously.

Yeah, a lot of the people who like him aren't serious about Hip Hop at all. I've seen people say Drake is the GOAT lol, only online though , but you had people like backcrack and IR putting him in their top 10 too. People's tastes are all fukked up cause they're not true Hip Hop heads, there more the type that follow trends and pop fans. There's no situation I'd bump a Drake track, unless I was using it as a severe torture method against an enemy lol. But then again I might not wish that upon my worst enemy, that may be going too far lol. Kanye isn't top 5 either, but he's certainly better than Drake. Was contaminating hearing that bullshyt last night lol.