Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 4 - revealed

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
There’s a reason everyone is going crazy for this game. There’s a reason BT3 copies still going for $150+. Casuals like me don’t care about that technical fighting bullshyt.

I want a 500 character lineup, a fighting controls that are actually fun, a massively broken and unbalanced characters, and crazy ass transformations and beam battles.

If I want to put Jiren and Tao Pai Pai against each other, I don’t expect a fair fight. I want a one hitter quitter.
:heh:
Yea statements like this puts into perspective how hard it is for these companies to brand their games towards different demographics of the same properties. I don't want ANY of this lol.

But I cant lie and say i don't see alot of people on social media hyped, I have SF6 and Project L to look forward to so im good. I just really hope they dont throw dbfz in the bushes that quick. A couple more tweaks to the base engine and that game can be amazing.

But at the same time they are also going back on what they said about the final dbfz patch. They are gonna be doing yet another balance patch (which is a 100% good thing. The game needs it)

With it being a main game at evo this year if the balance patch can bring down labcoat 21 and bluefusions to everyone else level along with rollback and next gen release then I'm honestly cool with that. I don't really need a dbfz2 at that point. (Would be great if Next Gen/Pc releases are crossplay but that might be asking for too much lol)

Last edited:

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
I have BT3 on my emulator and that jawn is ard, I think nostalgia has you nikkas tweaking. BT4 will prolly be lit on current Gen systems so I’m not complaining.

DBFZ is easily the best DBZ game I’ve ever played, and this is coming from a nikka that LOVED Budokai 2.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
I don't understand why the fighterz fanclub is coming in here like what we eat is gonna make them shyt.

FighterZ is a great fighting game with a DBZ aesthetic. But it never captured the DBZ feel like Budokai & Budokai Tenkaichi. There's room for both lanes, and even a 3rd one with shyt like Kakarot for those who fukk with it.

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
I don't understand why the fighterz fanclub is coming in here like what we eat is gonna make them shyt.

FighterZ is a great fighting game with a DBZ aesthetic. But it never captured the DBZ feel like Budokai & Budokai Tenkaichi. There's room for both lanes, and even a 3rd one with shyt like Kakarot for those who fukk with it.
Basically. Dudes who say DBFZ is the best DBZ game ever are just dudes that love Tekken & Street Fighter and just wanted characters with Dragon Ball costumes & some of their fighting moves.

The Budokai Tenkaichi series you could actually skyrocket dozens of meters in the air, charge ki attacks, blow up & toss dudes through big ass buildings. Do energy beam clashes, even with giant energy balls, cinematic in-game transformations (however many you wanted at that), including giant sized beings.

Literally was the closest shyt to the anime

Budokai 3 & Tenkaichi 3 were the best DB games ever as far as gameplay. Tenkaichi 2 had a better story mode than 3

Last edited:

Volt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Rio
Most of the shyt y'all praising is in Xenoverse. :mjlol:

But yeah, BT3 is a whole other beast. Just a much better game on so many levels. As long as the clashes don't fukk up my controllers, I'm cool with em too.

No more custom character bullshyt. We getting the real story like in Kakarot with a game that actually has good combat. :blessed:

Just look at this

:damn:

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Yea statements like this puts into perspective how hard it is for these companies to brand their games towards different demographics of the same properties. I don't want ANY of this lol.

But I cant lie and say i don't see alot of people on social media hyped, I have SF6 and Project L to look forward to so im good. I just really hope they dont throw dbfz in the bushes that quick. A couple more tweaks to the base engine and that game can be amazing.

But at the same time they are also going back on what they said about the final dbfz patch. They are gonna be doing yet another balance patch (which is a 100% good thing. The game needs it)

With it being a main game at evo this year if the balance patch can bring down labcoat 21 and bluefusions to everyone else level along with rollback and next gen release then I'm honestly cool with that. I don't really need a dbfz2 at that point. (Would be great if Next Gen/Pc releases are crossplay but that might be asking for too much lol)
DBFZ is for a totally different gamer. People playing DBFZ can just as easily move over to KOF or Guilty Gear or some similar games I'd never touch.

Regardless, I don't think they are dropping one for the other. BT4 isn't a successor.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I remember playing Dragon Ball GT on PS1 with the adapter that lets you play Japanese games. :wow:

Db_gt_box.jpg

I can’t believe how many DBZ games it’s been since the days of having no American versions.

Got that & Ultimate Battle 22 for my 8th birthday. I used to fight Future Trunks just to hear his in game theme. :wow:

I remember having to learn what each menu was by trial and error since everything was in Japanese. :dead: I had the whole class 😡 when I brought the instruction book so they knew I wasn't lying. It is crazy to think that until Budokai dropped in 2002(?) we had no domestic DBZ game. Final Bout was more precious than gold for a child in 2000. :wow:

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
I remember playing Dragon Ball GT on PS1 with the adapter that lets you play Japanese games. :wow:

Db_gt_box.jpg

I can’t believe how many DBZ games it’s been since the days of having no American versions.
My mom copped this game for me at Circuit City back in like 2004 or some shyt. Great times