Dr. Umar Johnson - Psychologically, black women are becoming white men

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
:pachaha: breh I've seen that video weeks ago. My point was you couldn't condense that long ass post of yours into something smaller? Y'all are some rambling ass nikkas man.
If you saw the video weeks ago and you're STILL talking about it, is it not feasible/logical to believe that responses to the same video, just watched, would result in multiple paragraphs? Think about the fact that you're still talking about this shyt WEEKS after you originally came across it. You're the rambling ass nikka for talking about the shyt weeks later, fool.

You don't have to read my post, skip past it. No one's begging you to read it. I type in the fashion that I type so that nothing I'm saying/thinking can be misconstrued or have to be re-explained or elaborated on.

RAX 010

NYG LWO METS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
EAST✈WEST
After watching/listening, here are my issues.

1. A man can't tell a woman what femininity is, just as a woman can't tell a man what masculinity is. Dudes on here all the time say a woman can't tell a man how to be a man, but do the inverse on here all the time. For him to say that women are not being feminine for not fitting into his idea of a woman is asinine. For him to say that women aren't being feminine because they aren't endlessly searching for a husband (not saying black women do this) is asinine. Are black men lacking masculinity because we statically marry late and then divorce at higher rates? Is any man less masculine because he chooses not to have a wife? Jeter is king on here, so I know that's not true. Masculinity or femininity does not depend on whether the person is attached to someone else.

2. There are plenty of black women who say they want a husband, who want husbands, who want to be stay at home moms, etc. shyt, half the reason who see black women complaining on TV and shyt is because they've been looking for so long and not finding anything (and please don't try to dispute this on a place where "get married brehs" is the pride and glory of this board) The whole speaking in broad terms thing does not work here because your personality reality/perception is not always the best measure for actual reality. His only proof here are is personal anecdotes (which are frankly probably from poorer, lower income women from a certain kind of background). I know several women who are trying to get married, that doesn't mean all black women are trying to get married.

3. He contradicts himself so much. "I would tell my daughter they don't need a man"......... but a minute ago you just said femininity is having a man.

4. He's talking about black women's expectations (financially). I honestly don't know any woman of any race who wants to date a garbage man. Do y'all know any? This is women in general and it's pretty shytty of him to try and pin it on "black womanhood". Kinda, unnecessary divisiveness here. Every sex, of every race, is also taught not to trust or to be on their guard, especially in today's time where financial problems and infidelity is at an all time high.

5. A lot of problems exists because of broken family structure (I agree with this), there's no one really to blame for that though. Endless cycle.

6. I'm not for the analogy of white men into this. This actually comes off as the most "bytchiest" thing to me. Who sticks up for a black man, like a black woman? No one. nikkas so unappreciative and blinded that they wanna talk down on the person helping them. Black women do not hate black men or lead efforts to damage black men so how are they like white men mentally? If anything, they are overly-motherly and treating their men as sons. NOT white men. That's just OD dramatic and not thought out well.

7. His assertion that most new black families are interracial or same sex? False. Jesus Christ. Dude reads the Coli way too much.

8. Saying that black feminism was only made by white feminism as if it's a bad thing is like saying the Asian Civil Rights movement only exists because of the Black Civil Rights movement. It is true, but if you see someone in the same/similar situation as you, would you not ride their wave? Would you just stay where you are and lack your rights because it was started by someone else? No. Black feminism started because of (white) feminism as a whole, but then developed into something more to fit the needs of black women. There's nothing wrong with that. Black men and women should fight white supremacy together, but who can someone stand with you when you're raping and murdering your own? The black feminist movement primarily takes off largely because of black men in the Black Panther Party proudly choosing a man who raped black women as practice as the president of the premier organization for black liberation. If the NAACP made a woman who imprisoned black men unfairly for practice the president, would any man in here stand for it and not talk about how black women were hurting black men? No.

9. Every race of man calls women, bytches, hoes, sluts, etc. It's only big today because of rap. nikkas in 1850-1960 wasn't runnin' around callin' their chicks bytches, wenches, holistically. No race of man was. Also, a black man's infatuation with a woman's body is natural. Even studies show that men are more attracted to women with wider hips and bigger breasts because it signals the idea of being better suited for procreation. That's natural, the attraction. The way it is referred to now is not though.

10. Every race of people has more access to information than what they use. To make that racial is asinine. That's a complaint of any parent/educational institution, etc. Actual Activism is low for all people (see Occupy Wall Street). Information retention is high for all people though.

:ehh: That's it.

i have to stop at your first sentence...beause you are wrong...
Masculinity and Femininity is not a belief of theory
its is a science and design....so for you to say a man cant tell a woman or vice versa
what defines then...you are wrong sir...

and im glad i didnt have to read the rest cuz your first sentence is a farce

:umad:

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
i have to stop at your first sentence...beause you are wrong...
Masculinity and Femininity is not a belief of theory
its is a science and design....so for you to say a man cant tell a woman or vice versa
what defines then...you are wrong sir...

and im glad i didnt have to read the rest cuz your first sentence is a farce

:umad:
You are talking about gender/sex, not social roles that play into what we think of as "femininity" or "masculinity" so actually :umad:

Ain't no woman defining me. You can let them define you though. That's your idea of masculinity: being defined by women. :ehh: :ohhh:

SN: Maybe that's what everyone did with Umar's video too, huh. Saw the thread title and dissolved it as false and 100% wrongness. Guess that's right in your opinion. Umar is 100% wrong and I shouldn't have watched the rest of the video because I disagreed with one point. Good shyt. :ehh:

RAX 010

NYG LWO METS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
EAST✈WEST
You are talking about gender/sex, not social roles that play into what we think of as "femininity" or "masculinity" so actually :umad:

Ain't no woman defining me. You can let them define you though. That's your idea of masculinity: being defined by women. :ehh: :ohhh:

We know what a real woman is supposed to be....just like a real woman knows what a real man should be

:ehh:thats it

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I almost came in here on some :camby:, but i actually heard him out. He was preaching on the parents marriage thing. I never want to have a marriage like my parents have. Yeah, they're married, but my mother works around the clock, while my father does much less. Spoke a lot of true shyt, already starting to evaluate myself as a black woman and cancelling out any fukknikka tendencies.
Of course you don't want bold most chicks only want it backwards so you ain't saying much lol.

So the exception is greater than the rule when it comes to blacks, and furthermore, if you don't make it, its that black person's fault that he or she could not overcome the social barriers that are in place via discrimination, resources, etc.....?
I actually agree with dude you quoted because realistically if we as a whole don't eventually stop with the reasons/excuses we will never improve as a group. I don't know how people can't see that. We have enough freedom to make moves as a group but don't then get mad when people say we can. Honestly I don't think we can improve wholesale with this mentality among the masses.

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
We know what a real woman is supposed to be....just like a real woman knows what a real man should be

thats it
:ehh:
A woman can be whoever the fukk she wants to be and as a man, I can be whoever the fukk I want to be. Whether or not it works out between me and another woman, that's on us individually, not for us to excuse either the male or female sex as a whole for our difference

I swear the only reason people even think about gender roles the way they do is because of marriage. But guess what, a lot of people aren't gonna be getting married. So some chicks do need to learn how to open them big ass jars themselves. Some nikkas do really need to learn how to cook and clean. That's not being less/more womanly/manly. That's SURVIVING, which is a natural instinct that's gonna result with the right social climate.

LMAO @ "real woman" "real man". You sound like A Tyler Perry - after school special breh with that retired rhetoric. :mjlol:

Regine Hunter

Captain Fupa
Supporter
Daps
Of course you don't want bold most chicks only want it backwards so you ain't saying much lol.

I'm not that kind of chick. In essence, my parents have the traditional christian marriage (sex after marriage, one bank account, man handles finances and major household duties, man is police enforcer, mother brings life and raises children), and i hate it. What I want is an equal, mutual marriage (if I ever marry), where both parties work, a shared bank account as well as personal bank account, mutual employment, etc. Of course, marriages like this aren't too popular.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I'm not that kind of chick. In essence, my parents have the traditional christian marriage (sex after marriage, one bank account, man handles finances and major household duties, man is police enforcer, mother brings life and raises children), and i hate it. What I want is an equal, mutual marriage (if I ever marry), where both parties work, a shared bank account as well as personal bank account, mutual employment, etc. Of course, marriages like this aren't too popular.
shyt I would want that marriage you speak of too but you are right they aren't that popular. People have to be willing to not listen to people criticize how they run their relationship and most rather conform since its easier to do so. Also think they aren't popular because both genders are on some fukk shyt when it comes to equal. Chick will make 50k talking to a dude making 3/4 times that is that equal? Same way some dudes version of equal is cheating on his girl while she takes and just loves him cause that's how it is and we know that ain't equal either. Simple easy examples but Im basically saying both sides got varying levels of shyt with them

RAX 010

NYG LWO METS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
EAST✈WEST
A woman can be whoever the fukk she wants to be and as a man, I can be whoever the fukk I want to be. Whether or not it works out between me and another woman, that's on us individually, not for us to excuse either the male or female sex as a whole for our difference

I swear the only reason people even think about gender roles the way they do is because of marriage. But guess what, a lot of people aren't gonna be getting married. So some chicks do need to learn how to open them big ass jars themselves. Some nikkas do really need to learn how to cook and clean. That's not being less/more womanly/manly. That's SURVIVING, which is a natural instinct that's gonna result with the right social climate.

LMAO @ "real woman" "real man". You sound like A Tyler Perry - after school special breh with that retired rhetoric. :mjlol:

You almost had a good point until you said
REAL MAN+REAL WOMAN = retired rhetoric...
:usure::comeon:

.there are grey areas...that would include homosexuality and anything alternate pertaining to the genders
I do not support tyler perry either...

but back to your first sentence...
there are boundaries to what you can do before you are no longer considered a real man...i can tell you that
so no you can not do whatever the fukk you wanna do
:patrice:

Y2Dre

Melanated God
Supporter
Daps
He makes some good points :ehh: except that black men learned about disrespecting their women from slave masters/whites, that's just stupid.

Where do you think we learned it from? Prior to coming to the hells of America the Black woman was God. Isis was God, the divine feminine was what our ancestors worshipped.

We come here and believe in a white male god and adopt the ways of the white man. From Polygamy in Africa to Monogamy here. We learned a lot from the devil.

African Matirarchy isnt just the opposite of Patriacrchy. African Matriarchy was a system where the man and the woman would run the house hold together, but in different ways. They both had different responsibilites.

Today we adopted Patriarchy and try to dominate our women. Now look at us. We forget that the Black man and the Black woman are an unbeatable team. we gotta work with our sisters to beat white supremacy and return to our former greatness.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Where do you think we learned it from? Prior to coming to the hells of America the Black woman was God. Isis was God, the divine feminine was what our ancestors worshipped.

We come here and believe in a white male god and adopt the ways of the white man. From Polygamy in Africa to Monogamy here. We learned a lot from the devil.

African Matirarchy isnt just the opposite of Patriacrchy. African Matriarchy was a system where the man and the woman would run the house hold together, but in different ways. They both had different responsibilites.

Today we adopted Patriarchy and try to dominate our women. Now look at us. We forget that the Black man and the Black woman are an unbeatable team. we gotta work with our sisters to beat white supremacy and return to our former greatness.

Some of this is :snoop:

Isis is an East African god and not found in various African religions, definitely not Bantu religions.

Polygamy is only practiced in certain African populations. Once again, you are treating Africa as a monolith.

I do agree with your last few sentences.

Y2Dre

Melanated God
Supporter
Daps
Some of this is :snoop:

Isis is an East African god and not found in various African religions, definitely not Bantu religions.

Polygamy is only practiced in certain African populations. Once again, you are treating Africa as a monolith.

I do agree with your last few sentences.

Isis had many names, thats just the first one. She represents the divine feminine. Which is found in many African religions. Just different names for the same principle/spirit

And African Americans came from West Africa where polygamy wasnt uncommon.

Also the point im trying to make with polygamy is not so much the marriage aspect, but more so the aspect of a village raising a child and a sense of brotherhood/sisterhood.

Nope.
There are definitely feminine gods in other African religions but those developed independent of the goddess Isis. It's a disservice to the diversity of Africa to use Isis as the figurehead to represent the whole.
Not really a big issue overall. Carry-on.

The point that I'm making is that they all represent the same thing regardless of if they all came from Isis or not.

Last edited:

GetSomeMoney

All Star
Supporter
Daps
There is way too much dissension among black people for us to really go anywhere, this thread says it all. I just can't see any other minority in this country disagreeing this much. We got men talking about they can be any kind of men they want yet it's a mans duty to be leader, but I thought he could be whatever he wanted??, so much talking in circles that its exhausting. Dr. Umar didn't say anything terribly wrong, so many sensitive/capping men on this forum when it comes to black women, it's possible black woman catch a lot of heat on THIS forum but don't men catch a lot of heat on the LSA forum for instance, don't they catch a lot of heat in the media, we just had a congress man talk about black athletes would be criminals if they didn't play sports, what was the discussion on black women today in the media?? It's annoying reading the capping and the excuse making for black women AND black men (in other threads), both groups are fukking up and it's ok to point those issues out WITHOUT making excuses. The c00ns and cacs are who they are.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Isis had many names, thats just the first one. She represents the divine feminine. Which is found in many African religions. Just different names for the same principle/spirit

Nope.

There are definitely feminine gods in other African religions but those developed independent of the goddess Isis. It's a disservice to the diversity of Africa to use Isis as the figurehead to represent the whole.

Not really a big issue overall. Carry-on.

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
I don't think antagonizing the Black woman is the most efficient way for change nor would a true leader speak in such terms.

it's not about antagonizing, it's about enlightenment. He's holding both black women and men accountable. For example, he's mentioning how black women are using weaves that have been banned for usage by asian women due their toxicity, because black women want to look white. He then also mentions that the reason they do this is because they think that's what black men want, and too many black men want that white image. And this is due to the conditioning of white supremacy. So there's an example of him breaking down an issue and holding both parties accountable.

You seem quick to discredit him without fully understanding the things he's saying. That's the type of response that white/mixed people have tho don't fully understand what time it is.

You can't work on a problem without fully understanding it's intricacies and it's effect.