Dr. Umar Johnson - Psychologically, black women are becoming white men

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
After watching/listening, here are my issues.

1. A man can't tell a woman what femininity is, just as a woman can't tell a man what masculinity is. Dudes on here all the time say a woman can't tell a man how to be a man, but do the inverse on here all the time. For him to say that women are not being feminine for not fitting into his idea of a woman is asinine. For him to say that women aren't being feminine because they aren't endlessly searching for a husband (not saying black women do this) is asinine. Are black men lacking masculinity because we statically marry late and then divorce at higher rates? Is any man less masculine because he chooses not to have a wife? Jeter is king on here, so I know that's not true. Masculinity or femininity does not depend on whether the person is attached to someone else.

2. There are plenty of black women who say they want a husband, who want husbands, who want to be stay at home moms, etc. shyt, half the reason who see black women complaining on TV and shyt is because they've been looking for so long and not finding anything (and please don't try to dispute this on a place where "get married brehs" is the pride and glory of this board) The whole speaking in broad terms thing does not work here because your personality reality/perception is not always the best measure for actual reality. His only proof here are is personal anecdotes (which are frankly probably from poorer, lower income women from a certain kind of background). I know several women who are trying to get married, that doesn't mean all black women are trying to get married.

3. He contradicts himself so much. "I would tell my daughter they don't need a man"......... but a minute ago you just said femininity is having a man.

4. He's talking about black women's expectations (financially). I honestly don't know any woman of any race who wants to date a garbage man. Do y'all know any? This is women in general and it's pretty shytty of him to try and pin it on "black womanhood". Kinda, unnecessary divisiveness here. Every sex, of every race, is also taught not to trust or to be on their guard, especially in today's time where financial problems and infidelity is at an all time high.

5. A lot of problems exists because of broken family structure (I agree with this), there's no one really to blame for that though. Endless cycle.

6. I'm not for the analogy of white men into this. This actually comes off as the most "bytchiest" thing to me. Who sticks up for a black man, like a black woman? No one. nikkas so unappreciative and blinded that they wanna talk down on the person helping them. Black women do not hate black men or lead efforts to damage black men so how are they like white men mentally? If anything, they are overly-motherly and treating their men as sons. NOT white men. That's just OD dramatic and not thought out well.

7. His assertion that most new black families are interracial or same sex? False. Jesus Christ. Dude reads the Coli way too much.

8. Saying that black feminism was only made by white feminism as if it's a bad thing is like saying the Asian Civil Rights movement only exists because of the Black Civil Rights movement. It is true, but if you see someone in the same/similar situation as you, would you not ride their wave? Would you just stay where you are and lack your rights because it was started by someone else? No. Black feminism started because of (white) feminism as a whole, but then developed into something more to fit the needs of black women. There's nothing wrong with that. Black men and women should fight white supremacy together, but who can someone stand with you when you're raping and murdering your own? The black feminist movement primarily takes off largely because of black men in the Black Panther Party proudly choosing a man who raped black women as practice as the president of the premier organization for black liberation. If the NAACP made a woman who imprisoned black men unfairly for practice the president, would any man in here stand for it and not talk about how black women were hurting black men? No.

9. Every race of man calls women, bytches, hoes, sluts, etc. It's only big today because of rap. nikkas in 1850-1960 wasn't runnin' around callin' their chicks bytches, wenches, holistically. No race of man was. Also, a black man's infatuation with a woman's body is natural. Even studies show that men are more attracted to women with wider hips and bigger breasts because it signals the idea of being better suited for procreation. That's natural, the attraction. The way it is referred to now is not though.

10. Every race of people has more access to information than what they use. To make that racial is asinine. That's a complaint of any parent/educational institution, etc. Actual Activism is low for all people (see Occupy Wall Street). Information retention is high for all people though.

:ehh: That's it.

You didn't fully understand what he said. You interpreted examples he gave as if it was a concrete fact he was stating. See this is the problem when you speak on complex issues, people only half listen to you and judge based on their misunderstanding. You almost have to dumb down what you say, because if you speak too quickly with abstract examples, people will misunderstand you and then laugh at you based on their own lack of understanding. *sigh*

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
it's not about antagonizing, it's about enlightenment. He's holding both black women and men accountable. For example, he's mentioning how black women are using weaves that have been banned for usage by asian women due their toxicity, because black women want to look white. He then also mentions that the reason they do this is because they think that's what black men want, and too many black men want that white image. And this is due to the conditioning of white supremacy. So there's an example of him breaking down an issue and holding both parties accountable.

There is a significant portion of Black women who wear their natural hair. I also don't think Black women who wear weaves do it simply because they think us men want them to look like that. His generalizations just make it easier to sell to his audience but it makes it harder to take his message serious.

I also think he is pandering, meaning the people who comprise majority of his audience are already on board with his message. I don't see it enlightening people who actually need to be reached out to. A mega-preacher isn't converting those to his faith but simply reaffirming the flimsy belief systems of his audience. It's important to tread carefully.

Like I've said many times before, intellectuals focus on the symptoms/historical narratives/ meta analysis too much and never prescribe the correct antidotes. I don't buy the Black charter schools because it still sets divisions with-in the Black community (those who can and cannot attend), it still won't matter if the home environment isn't right, if the Black culture isn't right, if the Black economy isn't right. Instead of lining the pockets of Umar Johnson to do what parents should be doing, 1.buy real estate 2.start small business and train + employ Black workers

Heck, if someone on The Coli made a pamphlet on how to start a small business, how to copyright intellectual property, explain the pros of getting a trade versus college debt, how to rent commercial real estate, how to get a loan, how to buy land in a concise and coherent manner and distributed across Black based sites, that's more active and immediate change but I just don't see it with posting youtube videos of guys with questionable credentials.

• Dap
Reactions: GZR
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You are talking about gender/sex, not social roles that play into what we think of as "femininity" or "masculinity" so actually :umad:

Ain't no woman defining me. You can let them define you though. That's your idea of masculinity: being defined by women. :ehh: :ohhh:

SN: Maybe that's what everyone did with Umar's video too, huh. Saw the thread title and dissolved it as false and 100% wrongness. Guess that's right in your opinion. Umar is 100% wrong and I shouldn't have watched the rest of the video because I disagreed with one point. Good shyt. :ehh:

Its not about one defining the other, but a woman knows masculinity when she sees it and vice versa for a man...Hence, each gender has an understanding of both.....We come from one another, its only natural that the duality exists....And women born before 1960 have raised plenty of men almost single handedly

Last edited:

RAX 010

NYG LWO METS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
EAST✈WEST
There is a significant portion of Black women who wear their natural hair. I also don't think Black women who wear weaves do it simply because they think us men want them to look like that. His generalizations just make it easier to sell to his audience but it makes it harder to take his message serious.

I also think he is pandering, meaning the people who comprise majority of his audience are already on board with his message. I don't see it enlightening people who actually need to be reached out to. A mega-preacher isn't converting those to his faith but simply reaffirming the flimsy belief systems of his audience. It's important to tread carefully.

Like I've said many times before, intellectuals focus on the symptoms/historical narratives/ meta analysis too much and never prescribe the correct antidotes. I don't buy the Black charter schools because it still sets divisions with-in the Black community (those who can and cannot attend), it still won't matter if the home environment isn't right, if the Black culture isn't right, if the Black economy isn't right. Instead of lining the pockets of Umar Johnson to do what parents should be doing, 1.buy real estate 2.start small business and train + employ Black workers

Heck, if someone on The Coli made a pamphlet on how to start a small business, how to copyright intellectual property, explain the pros of getting a trade versus college debt, how to rent commercial real estate, how to get a loan, how to buy land in a concise and coherent manner and distributed across Black based sites, that's more active and immediate change but I just don't see it with posting youtube videos of guys with questionable credentials.

oh now you wanna be taken serious?

:camby::camby::camby:
GTFOH

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
i get where he's coming from, i dont agree on everything though... interesting post.

Yeah.... dude is starting to irritate me around the whole hair topic.... cancer of the skull from weave? Relaxers, okay i can kinda believe but hair weave?

@kp404 you need to give for perspective cause you always have something to say on such topics...

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
We got men talking about they can be any kind of men they want yet it's a mans duty to be leader, but I thought he could be whatever he wanted??,
Everyone leads in a different way. If you've ever been a leader of any kind, you'd know that. Everyone follows in a different way. If you've ever been to school, I'm sure you didn't treat all of your teachers the same way just because they were a teacher. Some teachers are cool, some are very strict, some depend on the situation, but they were all leaders.

Its not about one defining the other, but a woman knows masculinity when she sees it and vice versa for a man...Hence, each gender has an understanding of both.....We come from one another, its only natural that the duality exists....And women born before 1960 have raised plenty of men almost single handedly

Y'all completely missed my point and your response shows exactly why the black community is so fukked up right now. Because you all give the gift of manhood and leadership to anything with a penis. Every man ain't a MAN (in the sense that y'all are talking), nor will they ever be one. Point blank. Recognize that from jump. You have women out here, treating nikkas as men and like they are men just because they have a penis, but these "men" are not capable of leadership. Whether they never had a father or male figure to show them or they are just fukked up people. If they were, black women wouldn't be so fukked when it comes to being a parent. In a perfect world, man and woman would exist to complement each other. Great. But it ain't 1422 A.D. It's 2014 where people are raised in and accustomed to very different social norms and ways. Would you trust any of these lil bat head nikkas with your daughter just because they have a penis in between their leg (because this somehow makes them a leader by default)? fukk no you wouldn't. So anyone telling me that just because you are a man = leader/masculine is getting the screw face from me. If so, let me holla at your daughters and I'm sure you'll trust me 100%, right? No you won't. So, that's why I say this whole idea that there's a "real man" (shout out to coli nikkas using stereotypical black hoodrat female comebacks, proving my point) is pretty damn stupid for today's time period.

Notice how y'all responses is just some rhetorical shyt that doesn't play out in real life. If a woman can recognize a "REAL MAN", why the hell are there so many single moms in our community and lost fathers? Why do I see so many nikkas on here complaining about women not wanting them or how women skip over them (I'll wait for y'all to hang yourselves with this one. It's cause nikkas on here aren't really masculine/leaders right? :mjpls:) ? Y'all are typing things that don't translate into reality. After-school special shyt.

You didn't fully understand what he said. You interpreted examples he gave as if it was a concrete fact he was stating. See this is the problem when you speak on complex issues, people only half listen to you and judge based on their misunderstanding. You almost have to dumb down what you say, because if you speak too quickly with abstract examples, people will misunderstand you and then laugh at you based on their own lack of understanding. *sigh*

He wasn't speaking on anything complex really. Are you saying that he purposely gave wrong/ill-informed/historically deficit examples to prove his points as right? And I'm supposed to take him seriously? Lol.

If I say "black women act like white men!" I should prove that right? If I say, black women don't want to get married, I should prove that right?

Rebut my post and I will reply with something that doesn't prove my point. Let's see how fast you call me right. :mjlol:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
DaChampIsHere said:
5. A lot of problems exists because of broken family structure (I agree with this), there's no one really to blame for that though. Endless cycle.

In essence, the Negro community has been forced into a matriarchal structure which, because it is to out of line with the rest of the American society, seriously retards the progress of the group as a whole, and imposes a crushing burden on the Negro male and, in consequence, on a great many Negro women as well.

There is, presumably, no special reason why a society in which males are dominant in family relationships is to be preferred to a matriarchal arrangement. However, it is clearly a disadvantage for a minority group to be operating on one principle, while the great majority of the population, and the one with the most advantages to begin with, is operating on another. This is the present situation of the Negro. Ours is a society which presumes male leadership in private and public affairs. The arrangements of society facilitate such leadership and reward it. A subculture, such as that of the Negro American, in which this is not the pattern, is placed at a distinct disadvantage.

Last edited:

GetSomeMoney

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Everyone leads in a different way. If you've ever been a leader of any kind, you'd know that. Everyone follows in a different way. If you've ever been to school, I'm sure you didn't treat all of your teachers the same way just because they were a teacher. Some teachers are cool, some are very strict, some depend on the situation, but they were all leaders.

What are you talking about, my comments was not about different ways of leading, its about the fact that you and others said you as a man will not be defined, that means as you said, you can be anything you want, including NOT being a leader at all right??
Its the double talking going on where we absolve black women of their problems because there aren't any male leaders, but I can be whatever I want, a woman can't tell me or expect me to take on perceived masculine roles right?? can't have it both ways, either there are roles and an understanding of what is expected of men and woman or they are both fukk ups on their own.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y'all completely missed my point and your response shows exactly why the black community is so fukked up right now. Because you all give the gift of manhood and leadership to anything with a penis. Every man ain't a MAN (in the sense that y'all are talking), nor will they ever be one. Point blank. Recognize that from jump. You have women out here, treating nikkas as men and like they are men just because they have a penis, but these "men" are not capable of leadership. Whether they never had a father or male figure to show them or they are just fukked up people. If they were, black women wouldn't be so fukked when it comes to being a parent. In a perfect world, man and woman would exist to complement each other. Great. But it ain't 1422 A.D. It's 2014 where people are raised in and accustomed to very different social norms and ways. Would you trust any of these lil bat head nikkas with your daughter just because they have a penis in between their leg (because this somehow makes them a leader by default)? fukk no you wouldn't. So anyone telling me that just because you are a man = leader/masculine is getting the screw face from me. If so, let me holla at your daughters and I'm sure you'll trust me 100%, right? No you won't. So, that's why I say this whole idea that there's a "real man" (shout out to coli nikkas using stereotypical black hoodrat female comebacks, proving my point) is pretty damn stupid for today's time period.

Notice how y'all responses is just some rhetorical shyt that doesn't play out in real life. If a woman can recognize a "REAL MAN", why the hell are there so many single moms in our community and lost fathers? Why do I see so many nikkas on here complaining about women not wanting them or how women skip over them (I'll wait for y'all to hang yourselves with this one. It's cause nikkas on here aren't really masculine/leaders right? :mjpls:) ? Y'all are typing things that don't translate into reality. After-school special shyt.

He wasn't speaking on anything complex really. Are you saying that he purposely gave wrong/ill-informed/historically deficit examples to prove his points as right? And I'm supposed to take him seriously? Lol.

If I say "black women act like white men!" I should prove that right? If I say, black women don't want to get married, I should prove that right?

Rebut my post and I will reply with something that doesn't prove my point. Let's see how fast you call me right. :mjlol:
:

:stopitslime:

My post had absolutely nothing to do with that bullshyt that you just spewed.......Yall lil nikkas listen for agreement and not discernment now......Best of luck to you and yours.....

I can tell who grew up how and where just by the way yall post.....

Last edited:

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
After watching/listening, here are my issues.

1. A man can't tell a woman what femininity is, just as a woman can't tell a man what masculinity is. Dudes on here all the time say a woman can't tell a man how to be a man, but do the inverse on here all the time. For him to say that women are not being feminine for not fitting into his idea of a woman is asinine. For him to say that women aren't being feminine because they aren't endlessly searching for a husband (not saying black women do this) is asinine. Are black men lacking masculinity because we statically marry late and then divorce at higher rates? Is any man less masculine because he chooses not to have a wife? Jeter is king on here, so I know that's not true. Masculinity or femininity does not depend on whether the person is attached to someone else.

2. There are plenty of black women who say they want a husband, who want husbands, who want to be stay at home moms, etc. shyt, half the reason who see black women complaining on TV and shyt is because they've been looking for so long and not finding anything (and please don't try to dispute this on a place where "get married brehs" is the pride and glory of this board) The whole speaking in broad terms thing does not work here because your personality reality/perception is not always the best measure for actual reality. His only proof here are is personal anecdotes (which are frankly probably from poorer, lower income women from a certain kind of background). I know several women who are trying to get married, that doesn't mean all black women are trying to get married.

3. He contradicts himself so much. "I would tell my daughter they don't need a man"......... but a minute ago you just said femininity is having a man.

4. He's talking about black women's expectations (financially). I honestly don't know any woman of any race who wants to date a garbage man. Do y'all know any? This is women in general and it's pretty shytty of him to try and pin it on "black womanhood". Kinda, unnecessary divisiveness here. Every sex, of every race, is also taught not to trust or to be on their guard, especially in today's time where financial problems and infidelity is at an all time high.

6. I'm not for the analogy of white men into this. This actually comes off as the most "bytchiest" thing to me. Who sticks up for a black man, like a black woman? No one. nikkas so unappreciative and blinded that they wanna talk down on the person helping them. Black women do not hate black men or lead efforts to damage black men so how are they like white men mentally? If anything, they are overly-motherly and treating their men as sons. NOT white men. That's just OD dramatic and not thought out well.

7. His assertion that most new black families are interracial or same sex? False. Jesus Christ. Dude reads the Coli way too much.

8. Saying that black feminism was only made by white feminism as if it's a bad thing is like saying the Asian Civil Rights movement only exists because of the Black Civil Rights movement. It is true, but if you see someone in the same/similar situation as you, would you not ride their wave? Would you just stay where you are and lack your rights because it was started by someone else? No. Black feminism started because of (white) feminism as a whole, but then developed into something more to fit the needs of black women. There's nothing wrong with that. Black men and women should fight white supremacy together, but who can someone stand with you when you're raping and murdering your own? The black feminist movement primarily takes off largely because of black men in the Black Panther Party proudly choosing a man who raped black women as practice as the president of the premier organization for black liberation. If the NAACP made a woman who imprisoned black men unfairly for practice the president, would any man in here stand for it and not talk about how black women were hurting black men? No.

9. Every race of man calls women, bytches, hoes, sluts, etc. It's only big today because of rap. nikkas in 1850-1960 wasn't runnin' around callin' their chicks bytches, wenches, holistically. No race of man was. Also, a black man's infatuation with a woman's body is natural. Even studies show that men are more attracted to women with wider hips and bigger breasts because it signals the idea of being better suited for procreation. That's natural, the attraction. The way it is referred to now is not though.

10. Every race of people has more access to information than what they use. To make that racial is asinine. That's a complaint of any parent/educational institution, etc. Actual Activism is low for all people (see Occupy Wall Street). Information retention is high for all people though.

:ehh: That's it.

43591-THIS-gif-ECaV.gif

Poetry sir. GD poetry. Everything was spot on.

The only "guru" I even fukk with is Lenon Honor. He is the only one out there who is about self accountability and focuses on what men can do better to improve themselves. He lets his wive deal with woman's issues. He's a man who deals with man's issues which is anomaly now a days.

I turned it off after the bit about woman need to want a husband then he flip flops and starts saying that the don't need a man. shyt is stupid. I don't have time for people who are suppose to be doctors but doesn't even have a solid stance.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
43591-THIS-gif-ECaV.gif

Poetry sir. GD poetry. Everything was spot on.

The only "guru" I even fukk with is Lenon Honor. He is the only one out there who is about self accountability and focuses on what men ctan do better to improve themselves. He lets his wive deal with woman's issues. He's a man who deals with man's issues which is anomaly now a days.

Props to Lenon, but I'm willing to bet that you're no older than 24 and have no idea what it takes to have a long lasting fruitful relationship with a significant other...Matter of fact, do you even want that right now......?

Stuntone

Louisiana Made, DC PAID!
Daps
Reppin
IT Cert-Gang Mafia, GMB and HOH
A lot of Black women aren't going to let a Black Man lead them, especially if she's "successful." Women believe in gender equality and feel they can lead just as well as men and they're right in a lot of case.

Maybe you all can work out some type of dual-queen/ co-captain setup.

:mjlol:

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps

sb3hn4.gif

I think I love you.

You have it so right. All talk about what the masses are/should be doing. Never any talk about what we as individuals can do right here and right now to address real issues.