Dr. Umar: "Hip Hop is White Supremacy. Rappers Push Death and Destruction on Kids."

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Its more than rap.

Its peer pressure, fueled by the trends that rap made.
Of course peer pressure is involved. But to think that rap music is the cause is ridiculous. Rap music is a reflection of whats going on in the community. The crack eras golden era was mid 90's to early 90's. In the mid 90's, suddenly all the rappers were drug dealers. This is due to what they saw in the streets, or in some cases what they used to do. Not the other way around. Don't get me wrong, there is a lot of negativity in rap today. But to say it has that much control over us makes us sound weak. Damm near savages, Oh a person you don't know said some words that rhyme over a beat so that made you go kill your brother. WHAT??? Could you imagine the white community blaming their ills on rap music? Oh and they buy it more than we do! You aint going platinum unless white people buy your sh!t.

There will ALWAYS be negative images out there, especially in the entertainment world. I don't care if rap music disappeared tonight, its gonna be there. How you react to it is on you. Millions of people listen to it everyday and go right on with their law-abiding lives. If you can't do that, something is wrong with you.

And you didn't answer...would you as a grown man listen to a rapper and do negative/criminal things because of what some rapper said?

NoirDynosaur

Yurrrrrrrrrr
Daps
Reppin
Planet Earth
THE RAP GAME HAS BEEN CO-OPTED BY WHITE SUPREMACY, YES.

This is why distinction between the culture and the industry/genre needs to be made.
This is the main culprit. The label is the puppeteer and rappers are puppets serving their masters.

Dr. Umar is right in certain aspects, but Umar mainly talking about the introduction of Gangsta Rap and glorification of being a gangster. Not the artform of Hip Hop.

Gangster Rap transformed the climate of hip hop with rappers reporting what's in their neighborhood. NWA's Straight Outta Compton stated this. fukk the Police gave us a universal outlook on police brutality treating blacks and minorities. Was Ice Cube wrong for not documenting the fukkery going on Compton?

fukk the Police is timeless because police brutality and the injustice will NEVER END

Unfortunately, the black genocide left a mark that cursed the game for worse.

Crumple

All Star
Daps
I think you're missing the point.
I wasn't talking about Sexyy Red specifically, I just used her as an example. The point was that kids are impressionable, and rap specifically has been weaponized to push negative stereotypes on Black youth, while ultimately lining the white man's pockets. Exhibit A:

And before you mention KRS-ONE again, he's not who today's kids are listening to.
To keep things equal, though, let's take specific rappers put of the equation, and I want you to watch this video of kids vibing to music. Spoiler alert, it isn't Taylor Swift that they're listening to.

Since you rap, this next part should be easy: show me a similar video where young white kids are playing with guns and making it rain while a bunch of adults dance & cheer them on.

I saw the video. If it pushes that stereotype - it's evil.

But if they're kids mocking those types of rappers it's more of a joke.

If someone had a video with real guns and something like coke and kids loading real guns - that's true evil.

As a kid my brother and I had toy call guns at like 6 years olds pretending to be cowboys like kids with fake guns.

I look at it - if it's kids games that's light.

If it's real influence and grooming towards crime than you're right that's evil and poor leadership.

Kids overseas kill with guns.

The world is scary but we can oy try to do good and have faith all will work out.

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
I think you're missing the point.
I wasn't talking about Sexyy Red specifically, I just used her as an example. The point was that kids are impressionable, and rap specifically has been weaponized to push negative stereotypes on Black youth, while ultimately lining the white man's pockets. Exhibit A:

And before you mention KRS-ONE again, he's not who today's kids are listening to.
To keep things equal, though, let's take specific rappers put of the equation, and I want you to watch this video of kids vibing to music. Spoiler alert, it isn't Taylor Swift that they're listening to.

Since you rap, this next part should be easy: show me a similar video where young white kids are playing with guns and making it rain while a bunch of adults dance & cheer them on.

Crazy to hear Lyor say that in the interview. Shows they know what they're doing.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
I saw the video. If it pushes that stereotype - it's evil.
There is no "if". Stereotypes are definitely being pushed.
But if they're kids mocking those types of rappers it's more of a joke.
The kids in those videos that I posted weren't mocking anything, those Black babies are already indoctrinated.
If it's real influence and grooming towards crime than you're right that's evil and poor leadership.
Again, there is no "if". The adults are encouraging the kids to act up. You can see it on the videos.
Kids overseas kill with guns.
So do kids in America. Black babies are dying, and being desensitized to murder & death through the music. That's a huge problem.
The world is scary but we can oy try to do good and have faith all will work ouout.
Faith without works is dead. The WS agenda that Dr. Umar spoke of (and Lyor Cohen confirmed) in the videos that I posted needs to be destroyed. Just having faith won't do that.

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
If he stealing, where are the charges?
If he is not stealing where is the finished product. A school he promised?

We will watch a man collect money for a school for over a decade with zero oversight and not one kid educated and be like :yeshrug:cause he speaks some real shyt from time to time

MrRDU

Superstar
Daps

We will watch a man collect money for a school for over a decade with zero oversight and not one kid educated and be like :yeshrug:cause he speaks some real shyt from time to time
So you just talking :unimpressed:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps

Let's say Dr. Umar is a thief. Let's put rapist & murderer on his jacket, too. He's the worst of the worst.
How does any of that nullify what he said about the white supremacist agenda? Damn who the messenger is, don't miss out on the message. Even if he has been lying about his school, he was speaking straight facts about our culture being co-opted and weaponized.

General Mills

Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
Let's say Dr. Umar is a thief. Let's put rapist & murderer on his jacket, too. He's the worst of the worst.
How does any of that nullify what he said about the white supremacist agenda? Damn who the messenger is, don't miss out on the message. Even if he has been lying about his school, he was speaking straight facts about our culture being co-opted and weaponized.
I never said anything about that. I was addressing his school. I have always gave Umar props. When motivated he can speak some real shyt. He is charismatic, funny, eloquent, and obviously is intelligent.

That’s what makes him frustrating. That albatross of a school will always cloud everything he says cause it’s a obvious contradiction.

He is a expert on everything BUT that school.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
I never said anything about that. I was addressing his school. I have always gave Umar props. When motivated he can speak some real shyt. He is charismatic, funny, eloquent, and obviously is intelligent.

That’s what makes him frustrating. That albatross of a school will always cloud everything he says cause it’s a obvious contradiction.

He is a expert on everything BUT that school.
I get that, but the school/bando/trap house has nothing to do with his statement in the video. He said some real shyt, but a lot of people will miss it because FDMG hasn't opened yet.

General Mills

Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
So you just talking :unimpressed:
Nah when we discuss his school project Umar is just talking :unimpressed:

january62010umarpromises.PNG

Remember. This is chess not checkers :francis:

General Mills

Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
I get that, but the school/bando/trap house has nothing to do with his statement in the video. He said some real shyt, but a lot of people will miss it because FDMG hasn't opened yet.
I was responding directly to a comment about how does Umar prey on the black community.

Until that statement I did not Interject. I agree with Umar on a lot of his points in general.

I don’t agree with him stealing from the most vulnerable and poorest of our community. The elderly and single mothers.