Dr. Umar: "Hip Hop is White Supremacy. Rappers Push Death and Destruction on Kids."

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
The argument is flawed, and has always been flawed because those things existed prior to rap music. And acts of murder, death and destruction were committed to all types of music. They were committed when there were no consistent and constant means of listening to music. The argument is also flawed because not everyone that listens to that type of hip-hop commits those acts. Dudes grow up in the same hoods, go to the same schools, listen to all of the same ish, same family dynamic and still straight up nerds - straight-A students that never get into trouble. So....what is the difference in those people?

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The argument is flawed, and has always been flawed because those things existed prior to rap music. And acts of murder, death and destruction were committed to all types of music. They were committed when there were no consistent and constant means of listening to music. The argument is also flawed because not everyone that listens to that type of hip-hop commits those acts. Dudes grow up in the same hoods, go to the same schools, listen to all of the same ish, same family dynamic and still straight up nerds - straight-A students that never get into trouble. So....what is the difference in those people?

This.

People will write this off as deflecting though.

Still, I want people who denounce this music and come forward and say they swiped all violent music from their lives including artists they held in high regard.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Regardless of the messenger, it's never been this bad. There was always a subset of rap like this (Horrorcore, Three 6 type shyt) but this is mainstream now. Do you see any of these artists transitioning to films, or businesses, or podcasts 5-10 years from now?

If rap is just holding a mirror to society, then society is fukked and we shouldn't be just rolling our eyes at it

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Regardless of the messenger, it's never been this bad. There was always a subset of rap like this (Horrorcore, Three 6 type shyt) but this is mainstream now. Do you see any of these artists transitioning to films, or businesses, or podcasts 5-10 years from now?

If rap is just holding a mirror to society, then society is fukked and we shouldn't be just rolling our eyes at it

Breh, society was already gone. That music is a reflection of how far gone it is. I don't know why people don't realize that the music is a by product of an already existing bigger problem. It's easy to place blame on the music while ignoring the problem. I also don't understand why people also don't realize that blaming Hip Hop for the ills of society is a white supremist talking point. It lets them off the hook, so when they push these agendas all the while pushing for legislation and rhetoric for the right to bear arms knowing it's much easier for teenagers today to access these weapons, they can tell you Hip Hop killed them. These are hunting rifles that teens are carrying and what they aren't telling you is that rural white teens make up the majority of those in possession of illegal firearms.

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
Is the argument supposed to be that hip hop creating those issues in our communities or it is perpetuating and glamorizing those issues?

No one I’ve seen is arguing what you’re saying. Acts of murder, death, and destruction are definitely being glamorized AND mostly by those who you’d label ‘nerds’.

We need to stop with these straw man arguments. Address what’s actually being discussed in the thread or shut the fukk up.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Is he lying?

He’s disingenuous as all hell.

Let Rick Ross “donate” some money for his fraudulent school and he wouldn’t be saying a goddamn thing

fukk Umar. I HATE nikkas that prey on their own community under the guise of pro-blackness. Its worse than what the KKK could ever do

DontEemTry

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Let Rick Ross “donate” some money for his fraudulent school and he wouldn’t be saying a goddamn thing

fukk Umar. I HATE nikkas that prey on their own community under the guise of pro-blackness. Its worse than what the KKK could ever do

Umars school is probably a fraud, but lets keep it real, you can't equate handing out turkeys and building a school.

One feeds you for a couple hours, the other potentially benefits thousands and lasts generations. But that's not even the point. The main point is, why have none of these nikkas in 50 years thought to get together and build institutions that benefit the black community?

It's *crickets*

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
Ayy man, he's right. The only thing hip-hop has brought us in 50 years is vibes.

His breakdown of what others were able to achieve with a fraction of the money and influence is pretty fukking damning.

I love hip-hop but it really ain't shyt :russ:
Yeah really damning indictment on rap

MikeStamina

All Star
Daps
And again, to act like you just woke up and suddenly Hip Hop became this overnight is ignorant. The same people denouncing Hip Hop today had no issues with Hip Hop 30 years ago.

Please read this back to yourself S L O W L Y

MrRDU

Superstar
Daps

How he prey on the community?

Any pro-Black figure heads you do like?

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
okay.

I saw girls totally blasting music - being real Backpage hoes - degenerates no matter the class - literally sing along to "Give me cash I'ma give you ass" hoe music is really anthems for real, factual prostitution.

Also raps promoting cheating. It's all cool - untill families break up over it. Idiots lose their family over their choices and music to reference it's right.

But we choose what to listen to and agree with.

KRS one isn't this. Sexy Red is.
I think you're missing the point.
I wasn't talking about Sexyy Red specifically, I just used her as an example. The point was that kids are impressionable, and rap specifically has been weaponized to push negative stereotypes on Black youth, while ultimately lining the white man's pockets. Exhibit A:

And before you mention KRS-ONE again, he's not who today's kids are listening to.
To keep things equal, though, let's take specific rappers put of the equation, and I want you to watch this video of kids vibing to music. Spoiler alert, it isn't Taylor Swift that they're listening to.

Since you rap, this next part should be easy: show me a similar video where young white kids are playing with guns and making it rain while a bunch of adults dance & cheer them on.

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
It depends on the type of rap....

If it's Gangsta rap/Drill rap, yes

Christian Rap/Reality rap doesn't push WS.

People need to start checking the label folks too.

Notice how you can the N word and disrespect black folks but the minute you say something about the Jewish community and gay folks...the plug gets pulled and u either to issue a Apology or get the axe like Kanye.

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
I see what he's saying. But there's action movies with death.

It's better to express it in art then go through and kill someone.

I look to KRS to speak intellectually on hip hop.
Music has a different effect on the human psyche. there’s a reason the slaves sang Negro spirituals about gaining freedom.