Dr. Umar: "Hip Hop is White Supremacy. Rappers Push Death and Destruction on Kids."

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
It depends on the type of rap....

If it's Gangsta rap/Drill rap, yes

Christian Rap/Reality rap doesn't push WS.

People need to start checking the label folks too.

Notice how you can the N word and disrespect black folks but the minute you say something about the Jewish community and gay folks...the plug gets pulled and u either to issue a Apology or get the axe like Kanye.
If you’re a White savior type of Christian it can. And subconsciously a lot of Christians are that.

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
:jbhmm:

He's not wrong
Yeah he is on some points. First of all, he names MLK, The Black Panthers, and Marcus Garvey as the examples of what rappers have NOT done for their community. So he looks to some of the greatest civil rights leaders in the history of human civilization as the foundation in which to compare RAPPERS? Why is that? Had he chosen some other genre of music at least I could see, but he has set the bar kinda high with those names. Or at least entertainers. But he chose people who's #1 goal was to uplift their people. Did rap music promise you that?

He said "gangsta rap" has dominated rap music since the mid 80's. NO SIR. I'm :old: , I know, I was there. The dominant rap act in the mid 80's was Run-DMC. Then you had LL, Public Enemy, Eric B.& Rakim, EPMD, Slick Rick, Kane, Heavy D etc. Until the early 90's, NWA may have been the only big gangsta rap act. The violent images, drugs, and misogyny didn't really become dominant until the mid 90's. I think this is important in looking at the community influencing rap or vice versa.

Let's look at the birthplace of hip hop, NYC. New Yorks most violent year was 1990. Middle of the crack era, before gangsta rap is that significant. In 1990 the biggest rap acts out of NYC were LL, Public Enemy, Eric B. & Rakim, and Brand Nubian. Nationwide it was MC Hammer. Show me the gangsta rappers here that were influencing what is still to this day 33 years later the most violent year?

He said there are people who listen to violent rap, then go out and do it. Those people either have parents who failed them or are mentally unstable. You gonna make negative decisions in your life because you heard it in a rap song? There is something very wrong with that. There will ALWAYS be negative images out there in society, especially the entertainment industry.

Don't get me wrong, there is some real ignorant music out there. And I definitely agree it lacks any substance and does nothing for our community. I just think we are deflecting when we start blaming our ills on music. You murdered somebody because a rapper told you it was cool? :wtf:Ask yourself this, why do millions of people listen to it and it doesn't influence them to do negative things?

Last edited:

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Can you show me a similar video of Jean Claude Van Dam giving the middle finger or throwing up gang signs near a group of white school children?

How about a video of of children who know lines of dialogue from The Expendables as well as they know this filth?

Dr. Umar is right. Rap music has been weaponized & is doing a number on our community.

:francis:

:snoop:

Crumple

All Star
Daps
I think you're missing the point.
I wasn't talking about Sexyy Red specifically, I just used her as an example. The point was that kids are impressionable, and rap specifically has been weaponized to push negative stereotypes on Black youth, while ultimately lining the white man's pockets. Exhibit A:

And before you mention KRS-ONE again, he's not who today's kids are listening to.
To keep things equal, though, let's take specific rappers put of the equation, and I want you to watch this video of kids vibing to music. Spoiler alert, it isn't Taylor Swift that they're listening to.

Since you rap, this next part should be easy: show me a similar video where young white kids are playing with guns and making it rain while a bunch of adults dance & cheer them on.

I will check out the Twitter vid and get back to you. My internet is slow.

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
he not wrong!!!!!

anyone else disagrees is a deaf and ignorant bytch!!

listening and rapping to songs about killing your brother and calling your sister a whore in every track..lol
this is what hip hop music turned into maybe beacuse its from that Hood mindset but still???

This here.

The bums who are trying to clown or discredit him, are the ones who either aren't from the community, or are the ones who live proudly as c00ns and hate being told the truth about the state of the culture today.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The argument is flawed, and has always been flawed because those things existed prior to rap music. And acts of murder, death and destruction were committed to all types of music. They were committed when there were no consistent and constant means of listening to music. The argument is also flawed because not everyone that listens to that type of hip-hop commits those acts. Dudes grow up in the same hoods, go to the same schools, listen to all of the same ish, same family dynamic and still straight up nerds - straight-A students that never get into trouble. So....what is the difference in those people?

True

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Yeah he is on some points. First of all, he names MLK, The Black Panthers, and Marcus Garvey as the examples of what rappers have NOT done for their community. So he looks to some of the greatest civil rights leaders in the history of human civilization as the foundation in which to compare RAPPERS? Why is that? Had he chosen some other genre of music at least I could see, but he has set the bar kinda high with those names. Or at least entertainers. But he chose people who's #1 goal was to uplift their people. Did rap music promise you that?

He said "gangsta rap" has dominated rap music since the mid 80's. NO SIR. I'm :old: , I know, I was there. The dominant rap act in the mid 80's was Run-DMC. Then you had LL, Public Enemy, Eric B.& Rakim, EPMD, Slick Rick, Kane, Heavy D etc. Until the early 90's, NWA may have been the only big gangsta rap act. The violent images, drugs, and misogyny didn't really become dominant until the mid 90's. I think this is important in looking at the community influencing rap or vice versa.

Let's look at the birthplace of hip hop, NYC. New Yorks most violent year was 1990. Middle of the crack era, before gangsta rap is that significant. In 1990 the biggest rap acts out of NYC were LL, Public Enemy, Eric B. & Rakim, and Brand Nubian. Nationwide it was MC Hammer. Show me the gangsta rappers here that were influencing what is still to this day 33 years later the most violent year?

He said there are people who listen to violent rap, then go out and do it. Those people either have parents who failed them or are mentally unstable. You gonna make negative decisions in your life because you heard it in a rap song? There is something very wrong with that. There will ALWAYS be negative images out there in society, especially the entertainment industry.

Don't get me wrong, there is some real ignorant music out there. And I definitely agree it lacks any substance and does nothing for our community. I just think we are deflecting when we start blaming our ills on music. You murdered somebody because a rapper told you it was cool? :wtf:Ask yourself this, why do millions of people listen to it and it doesn't influence them to do negative things?

Breh, there are tens of thousands of black males in jail in NY, from the mid 90s onwards, because they listened to The LOX, Onyx, and MOP talking about law abiding citizens being 'soft' and not being in the streets makes you 'lame'. A lot of young black men from generations past are crash dummies for rappers' statements, because they don't want to be picked on and be food on the street level.

It is chickens coming home to roost.

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Breh, there are tens of thousands of black males in jail in NY, from the mid 90s onwards, because they listened to The LOX, Onyx, and MOP talking about law abiding citizens being 'soft' and not being in the streets makes you 'lame'. A lot of young black men from generations past are crash dummies for rappers' statements, because they don't want to be picked on and be food on the street level.

It is chickens coming home to roost.
Are you seriously blaming rap music for the decisions THOUSANDS of black males made to end up in jail??? :dahell: And if you really believe that, explain all the black men that were incarcerated in the 80’s and prior, BEFORE rap music had all the violence and criminal behavior references in it?

So you believe you as a grown man could listen to a rapper and because of his words, commit crime and end up in jail?:jbhmm:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Are you seriously blaming rap music for the decisions THOUSANDS of black males made to end up in jail??? :dahell: And if you really believe that, explain all the black men that were incarcerated in the 80’s and prior, BEFORE rap music had all the violence and criminal behavior references in it?

So you believe you as a grown man could listen to a rapper and because of his words, commit crime and end up in jail?:jbhmm:

Its more than rap.

Its peer pressure, fueled by the trends that rap made.