Dr. Dre Hip Hop's Greatest Producer

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
This dudes are in denial because Dre their

You posted proof and these dudes are low key hating. Why do you think the coli hates on Dre?

Because Dre is from Cali and he was the one that literally shut down N.Y. grip on hip hop, Dre was apart of The Greatest Hip Hop group NWA, from Ruthless to Death Row to Aftermath 3 of Hip Hop greatest label Dre had hip hop in the choke hold, Gangsta Rap took over hip hop

And Dre dropped 9 Classic albums no other hip hop producer can say that.

Dre made Superstars, NWA changed hip hop forever, NWA family tree is the biggest In hip hop

NWA had a motion picture movie, that was a smash.

Dre is mentioned with Quincy Jones and Dre is the only hip hop producer that is mentioned with the greats of all time in music as a producer in the top 10

Last edited:

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
Hits doesn't equal quality. When people bring up the GOAT beats no one talks about Lean Back
when people talk goat beats, no one brings up still dre. Now I personally love it, but no one talks about it either

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
erick sermon
primo got at least 7
marley got 7 of them

if we're including r&b with hip hop, then teddy riley's name should be mentioned

we can name them if u want

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
It's funny that Chris Glove Taylor a respected DJ on the early DJ scenes out on the West Coast in the 80's always talking shyt about Dre, who Dre brought him in, but then say Dre is the Greatest Producer after Quincy Jones.

Chris Glove and them always talk shyt but love to run back to Dre to work with him

On some battered woman type shyt
i can't say that, cuz if u include hip hop AND r&b, Teddy Riley got him easily. If you're going off hits and classics total, then Babyface and Jimmy Jam/Terry Lewis got him. Trust me, u dont want to go outside of hiphop. Let's just keep it hip hop.

before you think i'm "hating" on dre(i know you silly azz negroes love that word). Before I teach someone how to make beats, I give him 4 albums to listen to. The chronic is one of them. Not because I think it's one of the greatest albums of any genre ever, it's because I want them to examine the drum layers, live instrumentation with samples, etc... So stop acting like we hate someone cuz we don't think he's God

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
i can't say that, cuz if u include hip hop AND r&b, Teddy Riley got him easily. If you're going off hits and classics total, then Babyface and Jimmy Jam/Terry Lewis got him. Trust me, u dont want to go outside of hiphop. Let's just keep it hip hop.

You late I already mentioned Teddy Riley and he started off as a hip hop producer but transition to R&B, created New Jack Swing. He produced classic albums that was hip hop influenced but wasn't hip hop

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
Name them
primo
2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th gang starr albums
group home's lyrical impaired album
jeru's 2 albums

marley
shan, kane, g rap, masta ace, biz, lords of the underground, debuts
Mam said knock u out

erick sermon
co produced and started doing more production on EPMD's first 4 classic albums
his debut
insomnia compilation
redman debut
keith murray debut

dre
nwa's 3 releases(one was an EP but I'll count it)
doc
eazy debut
michelle
both chronics
snoop dogg debut

I can't give him ATL debut because Big Hutch did most of that work and after dre left, they continued to release classics even that "g funk" song they were working on before Chronic that dre gets credit for. Can't give him the whole 50 cent debut either thougth I think it's a claissc, he only had 5 songs on it. If we want to do that, then I gotta give Primo ILLmatic and I didn't do that. I'm being fair.

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
You late I already mentioned Teddy Riley and he started off as a hip hop producer but transition to R&B, created New Jack Swing. He produced classic albums that was hip hop influenced but wasn't hip hop
yeah, I would have to go back and see how much he did on a KMD album and Heavy D's 2nd album. If he didn't do enough, I wouldnt qualify him

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
primo
2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th gang starr albums
group home's lyrical impaired album
jeru's 2 albums

marley
shan, kane, g rap, masta ace, biz, lords of the underground, debuts
Mam said knock u out

erick sermon
co produced and started doing more production on EPMD's first 4 classic albums
his debut
insomnia compilation
redman debut
keith murray debut

dre
nwa's 3 releases(one was an EP but I'll count it)
doc
eazy debut
michelle
both chronics
snoop dogg debut

I can't give him ATL debut because Big Hutch did most of that work and after dre left, they continued to release classics even that "g funk" song they were working on before Chronic that dre gets credit for. Can't give him the whole 50 cent debut either thougth I think it's a claissc, he only had 5 songs on it. If we want to do that, then I gotta give Primo ILLmatic and I didn't do that. I'm being fair.

Premier - Step Into Arena, Daily Operation, Moment of Truth, The Sun In The East, Group Home

Erick Sermon - Strictly, Unfinished, Business Never Personal, Whut the Album (Sermon produced 10 out of 20 Tracks, that's only 50 Percent of the album, I give him this classic)

Marley Marl - Long Live Kane, Biz Markie Goin Off, Kool G Rap Road to Riches, LL Mamma Said

Dre got 9 Classics that I listed on Page 1

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
how on earth is Hard to Earn not in your gang starr albums? HOW??? It's 10x better than Step into the arena.. That Shan debut is a classic album. Business as usual not a classic?

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
how on earth is Hard to Earn not in your gang starr albums? HOW??? It's 10x better than Step into the arena.. That Shan debut is a classic album. Business as usual not a classic?

Hard to Earn is 4.5 to me, shyt Mass Appeal is my top 5 favorite hip hop song, but they was trying to hard to shed the jazz rap label and you could tell it seems forced, but I won't argue if people feel it's a classic, because it's close

Business was the weakest out of the 4, A solid 4 Mic album

Shan, I have to revisit it, it never hit me as a classic

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
Can' make good music without someone holding his hand.

Primo >>>

Compare Primo's Hippity Hop beats with music & culture changing music, brehs:francis:

At least he only used his own hands…

Which get him nowhere near the peaks that Dre has reached

Or Kanye for that matter.:sas2:

This is where his talent lies : mixing.

He a mixing engineer, a great one.

Yeah, just look at all the mixing engineers making top 10 Hip-Hop albums of all-time:stopitslime:

In Kanye Short time he's in my top 5 before it's all said and done I believe Kanye will be top 3 and the way RZA out put been suspect and subpar since after Supreme Clientele, RZA spot looks shaky in the top 3

I'm with you on Kanye, a lot of old nikkaz gonna hate, but fukking Late Registration alone puts him in the top 10:yeshrug:

And RZA has been straight basura since Supreme Clientele

I was listening to "The W" just the other day like:hhh:

Might wanna check Scott storch's credits breh

Yeah, he made hits.

No "Nuttin But A G Thangs" or "Straight Outta Comptons".

Dude was a popular producer during the WORST era of Hip-Hop in history and is now a footnote in history

No Timbaland or Neptunes?

They're not real Hip-Hop producers.

"Lean Back" – Terror Squad

"Adrenaline" – The Roots featuring Beanie Sigel & Dice Raw

"p*ssy Galore" – The Roots

"Westside Story" – The Game

"Clap Back" – Ja Rule

"Just A Lil' Bit" – 50 Cent

"Let Me Love You" – Mario

"Baby Boy" – Beyonce featuring Sean Paul

"What You Want" – The Roots featuring Jaguar

"Our Way" – Capone N Noreaga & Iman Thug

"Let Me Blow Ya Mind" – Eve featuring Gwen Stefani

"Livin Tha Life" – Jadakiss, Prodigy and Butch Cassidy

"There I Go Again" - Mobb Deep

"Poppin' Them Thangs" – G-Unit

"Time's Up" – Jadakiss

"Murda Murda" – Memphis Bleek featuring Jay-Z

"Brown Sugar (Extra Sweet Remix)" – Mos Def

"Lets Do It" – Method Man & Redman

"Po' nikka Blues" – 2Pac

Nothing classic on there but "Lean Back", maybe. Just hits from the worst Hip-Hop era ever.

hes referring to most of his samples being str8 loops.

most of his best beats are either loops or somebody else did most of the work.

daz produced doggystyle.

LMAO, why aint Daz made another "Doggystyle" then?

Why aint Daz done shyt anybody wants to listen to since he left Death Row?

Meanwhile Dre's been great for 30 years.

Because Dre is from Cali and he was the one that literally shut down N.Y. grip on hip hop, Dre was apart of The Greatest Hip Hop group NWA, from Ruthless to Death Row to Aftermath 3 of Hip Hop greatest label Dre had hip hop in the choke hold, Gangsta Rap took over hip hop

Dre made Superstars, NWA changed hip hop forever, NWA family tree is the biggest In hip hop

NWA had a motion picture movie, that was a smash.

Dre is mentioned with Quincy Jones and Dre is the only hip hop producer that is mentioned with the greats of all time in music as a producer in the top 10

giphy.gif

Yup, they still mad about that asswhooping they got from like '89-'94 when the West was dominating their asses sales wise.

They've resented the West ever since then,

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Compare Primo's Hippity Hop beats with music & culture changing music, brehs:francis:

Which get him nowhere near the peaks that Dre has reached

Or Kanye for that matter.:sas2:

Yeah, just look at all the mixing engineers making top 10 Hip-Hop albums of all-time:stopitslime:

I'm with you on Kanye, a lot of old nikkaz gonna hate, but fukking Late Registration alone puts him in the top 10:yeshrug:

And RZA has been straight basura since Supreme Clientele

I was listening to "The W" just the other day like:hhh:

Yeah, he made hits.

No "Nuttin But A G Thangs" or "Straight Outta Comptons".

Dude was a popular producer during the WORST era of Hip-Hop in history and is now a footnote in history

They're not real Hip-Hop producers.

Nothing classic on there but "Lean Back", maybe. Just hits from the worst Hip-Hop era ever.

LMAO, why aint Daz made another "Doggystyle" then?

Why aint Daz done shyt anybody wants to listen to since he left Death Row?

Meanwhile Dre's been great for 30 years.

giphy.gif

Yup, they still mad about that asswhooping they got from like '89-'94 when the West was dominating their asses sales wise.

They've resented the West ever since then

:mjlol:

You ain't never lied, I had it from 89-95, but you is right that asswhooping that the West Coast laid on East Coast from those years was unrelenting and they still mad, West locked down the radio, videos, sales, news coverage, then they asses start having hissy fits, and here comes the source. They was like we are the Mecca of Hip Hop, we started this, crying and shyt