Don't sign you contract if you don't like it. The Darrelle Revis Thread

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
From everything ive read concerning this contract Tannenbaum has dude literally by the nuts this time around...Revis don't have a choice but to play out the remainder of this NEW contract unless he wants an early retirement and owe the Jets money...

Either way i could give a fukkless though because this team would be lucky to win 5 games this season regardless if Revis shows up or not...

5 wins....ur nuts.

They are a playoff team if they significantly cut down on the TO's...that's how bad Sanchez was last year....and they still won 8 games...and a fluke Victor Cruz TD away from the playoffs.

The defense is really good.

Daps
exactly

and cause he can take the most lucrative years with joy and then still possibly still renegotiate and get the same thing over

just dont front like only one side is being dishonorable.. owners try to pay the least possible and the players try to make thee most they can while they can..

Oh no, owners aint shyt either, they're as greedy as it gets, corporate scumbags.

But I just find it funny when he says "I`m a corporation too!" because he sure is acting like a corporation.

One thing I always wondered though, all these guys who stick up for the players, how would you feel if the owners took back the salary of a guy who had a down year?

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I get why fans are angry but he has a point

In the NFL, teams do not honor contracts themselves. Look at Peyton Manning for an example.

All Revis has done is flip the paradigm because he knows he is a rare commodity. A talent no one else in the NFL has had since Deion Sanders, just like the NFL know that they are the only show in town.

On top of that, the Jets were willing to pay Nmadi 12-13 mill per year last year when he hit free agency.

It's fukked up as a fan, but I understand why he is doing this. He cuts the wrong way in training camp and then this time next year, the Jets are talking about Revis taking a paycut or else.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
I get why fans are angry but he has a point

In the NFL, teams do not honor contracts themselves. Look at Peyton Manning for an example.

All Revis has done is flip the paradigm because he knows he is a rare commodity. A talent no one else in the NFL has had since Deion Sanders, just like the NFL know that they are the only show in town.

On top of that, the Jets were willing to pay Nmadi 12-13 mill per year last year when he hit free agency.

It's fukked up as a fan, but I understand why he is doing this. He cuts the wrong way in training camp and then this time next year, the Jets are talking about Revis taking a paycut or else.

you'd have a point if they money he got up front didnt make up for what he isn't making this season...his contract was frontloaded heavily. He's not underpaid in the slightest.

baltimore

Pro
Daps
Oh no, owners aint shyt either, they're as greedy as it gets, corporate scumbags.

But I just find it funny when he says "I`m a corporation too!" because he sure is acting like a corporation.

One thing I always wondered though, all these guys who stick up for the players, how would you feel if the owners took back the salary of a guy who had a down year?

:childplease: it doesnt matter cause they cant do that.. and if they could they would..

so when he acts like a corporation too that agitates you doesnt it?? :upsetfavre:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
5 wins....ur nuts.

They are a playoff team if they significantly cut down on the TO's...that's how bad Sanchez was last year....and they still won 8 games...and a fluke Victor Cruz TD away from the playoffs.

Our "starting" QB is still Mark Sanchez...

The dude with tunnel vision who gets picked off by D linemen...

Did i mention we have no RB and an offensive coordinator who doesn't know what a competent passing attack looks like?

Let me guess, Tebow is going to save the day?

Pack2

..Pack2..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
5 wins....ur nuts.

:shaq2:

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Our "starting" QB is still Mark Sanchez...

The dude with tunnel vision who gets picked off by D linemen...

Did i mention we have no RB and an offensive coordinator who doesn't know what a competent passing attack looks like?

Let me guess, Tebow is going to save the day?

If they dont throw a pass next season they'll be better than the team that won 8 games last year

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
you'd have a point if they money he got up front didnt make up for what he isn't making this season...his contract was frontloaded heavily. He's not underpaid in the slightest.
I get that. It's the way NFL contracts are supposed to work. Revis said fukk it and is trying to flip that to his benefit, being that he is 26 years old and by far the best cornerback in a generation.

He wants as much as he can now and at this moment. I understand why fans are upset but I get his position.

Like I said, if Revis gets an injury and isn't the player he was before, the Jets will ask for some cash back

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
I get that. It's the way NFL contracts are supposed to work. Revis said fukk it and is trying to flip that to his benefit, being that he is 26 years old and by far the best cornerback in a generation.

He wants as much as he can now and at this moment. I understand why fans are upset but I get his position.

that's fine if he wants to play that card....but the Jets arent going to budge on it....so its either hang out with his Turtle esque white manager and make gay hipster rap music all season or play football.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
If they dont throw a pass next season they'll be better than the team that won 8 games last year
I would agree with this if they had a competent RB who doesn't show up only 6 games a season and trips over his own feet...

I won't even bother dabble much into the fact these mothafukkers didn't even address the oline which was a bigger problem then the QB last season...

This offense will be worse than Miami's was last season...

Daps

And that's my point, the athlete points to the low figure this year and play this "I`m not getting paid" card, but in reality they were highly over-paid earlier in the deal and are just being greedy and fishing for more.

Also, teams front-load those deals for a reason, so the players is fukking with the cap management and in essence hurting the teams ability to improve by asking for the highest number every year.

Truth is though most athletes aren't dikks and do not pull this move. Most of them get the idea that you take a lot early and maybe the 3rd of 4th year is a lot lower than the 1st or 2nd,