Don't sign you contract if you don't like it. The Darrelle Revis Thread

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Lets not get ridiculous.

Cromartie was awesome last year and they always stop the run.

Cromartie was awesome in the 2nd half of the year. The first half everyone wanted him gone.

Revis gives Rex the freedom to do the shyt he does. He'd have to adjust completely if it were Kyle Wilson instead of Revis.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Cromartie was awesome in the 2nd half of the year. The first half everyone wanted him gone.

Revis gives Rex the freedom to do the shyt he does. He'd have to adjust completely if it were Kyle Wilson instead of Revis.

Rex doesnt do nearly the amount of blitzing as he did in 2009.

Either way, the Jets front 7 is stout. Hopefully Coples turns out to be half way decent....their dline is young and good.

Daps
Nnamdi also sucked last year. Revis is the one thing that keeps that defense from absolutely falling apart.

But that defense, with the best CB since Sanders, still led to an 8-8 football team. He's just not that important.

And my point with Nnamdi was that he was a very high paid CB (due to the recent infatuation with corners) and literally is the definition of an over-paid player.

Revis is the best in the gam, but constantly caving to this guys demands and putting up $12 a year for his services would further cement the iillogical ideas of CB value.

Daps

You ever think the shyt Rex wants to do is now part of the problem? The constant blitzing, everyone knows it's coming now, that's why it's a lot easier to beat that Jets D and you see people doing it. I think they actually cut back a bit.

Rex came in with a ferocious blitzing scheme, it worked in his first 2 years, but it's clear now that he has to make some adjustments and get pass rush from the people who are paid to do such a thing

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
You ever think the shyt Rex wants to do is now part of the problem? The constant blitzing, everyone knows it's coming now, that's why it's a lot easier to beat that Jets D and you see people doing it.

Rex came in with a ferocious blitzing scheme, it worked in his first 2 years, but it's clear now that he has to make some adjustments and get pass rush from the people who are paid to do such a thing

Well, he's drafted 2 pass rushers in the last 2 NFL drafts. the problem is that everyone sees what the Giants do and want the Jets to do the same thing even though their defenses are different. The Jets' main focus is to stop the run with the 3-4.

Thing is Philly had a crazy pass rush AND Nnamdi. Their D sucked because their linebackers and CB's weren't up to par.

Daps
Well, he's drafted 2 pass rushers in the last 2 NFL drafts. the problem is that everyone sees what the Giants do and want the Jets to do the same thing even though their defenses are different. The Jets' main focus is to stop the run with the 3-4.

Thing is Philly had a crazy pass rush AND Nnamdi. Their D sucked because their linebackers and CB's weren't up to par.

Very true, they're trying to get there, that's why I said I Think they cut back a bit on the blitzes.

I just find CB to be the over-valued position in all of sports and to be held hostage at the CB position is silly.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL

Philly's defense didnt suck. They had a terrible start to the year. And tbh their season was a bit of an anomaly. That team is still very, very good.