Don't sign you contract if you don't like it. The Darrelle Revis Thread

Juven

All Star
Daps
I don't want to see players sit out every couple of years over contract disputes, but if the teams dont have to honor their end of the contract why should the player be held to a different standard?

and thats what these dudes fail to understand, supporting the cac owners n shyt. They should read up on nfl contracts.

Daps
Whats the point of a multi-year contract if the player thinks he should be paid based off of yearly production?...Revis and anyone like him should just stick to 1 year contracts at this point. shyt dont make sense

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
I am not about to speak on a man and his money, but it's a tad ridiculous from a fans perspective to sign deals and constantly want them thrown out and redone after each season.

Either you want the years for security, or you want the most money each season. Can't have both.

You mean like the teams do?

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
I was with him during the first hold-out.

Can't ride with him on this.

I understand dudes wanting to hold out during their rookie contract but after you got the big money you need to play ball.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
you cant get a huge signing bonus/frontloaded money and expect to be the highest paid at your position every season...its either one or the other.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
:russ:

You are buggin..

of course....but as a Jets fan Im not stressing a Revis holdout like I was two years ago.

He has no choice other than playing or sitting the season out. Unless the Jets trade him.

Daps
and thats what these dudes fail to understand, supporting the cac owners n shyt. They should read up on nfl contracts.

It's not really about supporting the owners.

But look at how bad the other leagues are who give out guaranteed contracts, the Mets were still paying Bobby Bonilla last week.

It's more about if you hold out and demand a new deal, then you get that new deal you read it over, sign it and basically state you're happy with it, you really got no business looking for a new deal 2 years later.

I have no problem with Revis trying to get as much money as possible, but then he should just sign one year deals and be a merc.

Daps
Another thing people always ignore in this argument is, What if a player has a bad year, the owners can't take that money back. So demanding to be paid by performance is two edged sword.

CJ2k held out for a big deal, and he was trash this year, should the owners have the right to take that money back because the guy didn't play up to expectations?

Daps
and he's a corner....Jets dont have high expectations this year....especially from the fanbase....

later revis

I honestly think you have a point, if he really wants to go in depth with this, Jets really aren't expecting much this year and if he's gonna keep doing this, why not get rid of the nonsense and get something for the guy.

I really don't think it will get that far though