Don't sign you contract if you don't like it. The Darrelle Revis Thread

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
I honestly think you have a point, if he really wants to go in depth with this, Jets really aren't expecting much this year and if he's gonna keep doing this, why not get rid of the nonsense and get something for the guy.

I really don't think it will get that far though

fans dont have high expectations...but to Revis' credit, with him they're a top 3 defense.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Effortless answer #1956

It definitely is business, and in a business if you don't honor your contract, you can be held on a breach of contract.

Don't sign any deal you think is unfair.

Shut up white man! :why:

This is the NFL.. Contracts aren't guaranteed and careers are short..

baltimore

Pro
Daps
I think OP knows why and how revis does this kinda thing but he would never let on.. why bother?

Daps
fans dont have high expectations...but to Revis' credit, with him they're a top 3 defense.

No way they are a top 3 defense.

Still no pass rush, still gave up too many points (20th in the league).

They have a possibility to be better though with the safeties and if Coples turns out to be something

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
You mean like the teams do?

The point isn't that teams don't WISH they were able to get out of the money they spend, its that they can't. Everyone knows the guaranteed money up front is 90% of what a player is working with in real dollars the years don't matter in the NFL.

SO, when A player who holds out, using his only leverage, to secure a more amicable long term deal with more guaranteed money, gets what he asks for, then is unhappy with his decision and threatens to do it again a very short time after he already did it, just looks like he didn't do his homework and/or shouldn't have signed the first one in the first place.

The same people in this thread defending him would be railing against any owner who tried the same thing if it was possible to role reverse.

I'm not an anti players guy at all, especially in the NFL, but it's just looks bad.

Daps
Shut up white man! :why:

This is the NFL.. Contracts aren't guaranteed and careers are short..

Contracts aren't guaranteed, but there is guaranteed money. And Revis got a lot of that with his last deal, where he could have never played a down again and still would have been set for life.

Soooooo, about all that.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
No way they are a top 3 defense.

Still no pass rush, still gave up too many points (20th in the league).

They have a possibility to be better though with the safeties and if Coples turns out to be something

top 5 at least.

Considering the offense was historically bad turnover wise last season and gave p the ball in their own territory basically every game

The Jets have been a top 5 defense every year since Rex has been here.

Daps
top 5 at least.

Considering the offense was historically bad turnover wise last season and gave p the ball in their own territory basically every game

The Jets have been a top 5 defense every year since Rex has been here.

Sorry still can't agree.

I understand the turnovers had a lot to do with the ball in their own territory, but there were games when the Jets defense just looked flat out bad. Philadelphia being the most notable.

I know you're a fan and you're gonna rate them slightly higher than someone else who isn't, to me i`d say they were a top 10 defense, low in that 10 though

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Sorry still can't agree.

I understand the turnovers had a lot to do with the ball in their own territory, but there were games when the Jets defense just looked flat out bad. Philadelphia being the most notable.

I know you're a fan and you're gonna rate them slightly higher than someone else who isn't, to me i`d say they were a top 10 defense, low in that 10 though

I'm using the numbers. Our defense has been awesome in all of Rex's three seasons. It's also been bottom-3 in variance all three seasons, which, coupled with a QB who turns the ball over at a absurd rate, means that our losses turn into all-time shytshows in a hurry and makes stupid people forget how good the defense is and how bad the offense is.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
From everything ive read concerning this contract Tannenbaum has dude literally by the nuts this time around...Revis don't have a choice but to play out the remainder of this NEW contract unless he wants an early retirement and owe the Jets money...

Either way i could give a fukkless though because this team would be lucky to win 5 games this season regardless if Revis shows up or not...

baltimore

Pro
Daps
I know why, because he is a pretty greedy guy. Not quite as greedy as ownership though

I don't know why he would sign a deal he knew he didn't like though

exactly

and cause he can take the most lucrative years with joy and then still possibly still renegotiate and get the same thing over

just dont front like only one side is being dishonorable.. owners try to pay the least possible and the players try to make thee most they can while they can..

Daps
I'm using the numbers. Our defense has been awesome in all of Rex's three seasons. It's also been bottom-3 in variance all three seasons, which, coupled with a QB who turns the ball over at a absurd rate, means that our losses turn into all-time shytshows in a hurry and makes stupid people forget how good the defense is and how bad the offense is.

Trust, you know me, I know how bad your offense is.

I just don't think the Jets were a top 5 defense, too many holes at certain positions in 2011. Maybe in 2012 they can get back there.