Don't sign you contract if you don't like it. The Darrelle Revis Thread

Daps
being underpaid and holding out for a more lucrative contract is ok the first time, but after you are happy with, and sign that more lucrative deal, then you come back in 2 years and want out you are just an ass at that point

That's the point where he is looking like an a$$hole.

I`m fine with a guy holding out if he's making peanuts and is worth platinum, but once you do it don't sign that deal unless you're cool with playing it out.

"I'm a corporation too" is up there with Sprewell's "I got a family to feed" line in NY Sports bullshyt

Even Joe B aint riding with Revis

Daps
man idk...

he def deserves more money but

its a contract for a reason, he just signed this deal 2 years ago

Daps
man idk...

he def deserves more money but

its a contract for a reason, he just signed this deal 2 years ago

See I wonder what his first 2 years of the deal were, because a lot of times teams OVERPAY in the beginning of the deal to make it easier in the later for cap management.

So it really is questionable if he deserves more when all things considered

MalickSyXShabbaz

FREEALLTHEDOVESANDBANANAS
Daps
See I wonder what his first 2 years of the deal were, because a lot of times teams OVERPAY in the beginning of the deal to make it easier in the later for cap management.

So it really is questionable if he deserves more when all things considered
SHOWS THAT YOU LIKE TO OPEN YOUR MOUTH BEFORE YOU WRITE, YOU RACIST IGNORAMUS.
$7,500,000(2010), $6,000,000(2011) WERE HIS BASE SALARIES FOR THE LAST 2 YEARS AND HE DESERVED MORE THAN BOTH OF THOSE TWO FIGURES.

ANY MORE RACISM BASED STATEMENTS THAT NEED TO BE DEBUNKED? :jawalrus:

MalickSyXShabbaz

Daps
Darrelle Revis on contract: 'I'm a corporation, too' - NFL.com

New York Jets coach Rex Ryan expects cornerback Darrelle Revis to show up at training camp on time in July.

The more we hear Revis speak about his contractual situation, however, the more we don't think Revis will be there.

"I'm a corporation, too," Revis told the New York Daily News on Thursday.

If Revis knew he'd be at camp, he'd say so. He won't say that. He's a corporation, and the Jets might wind up dealing with the same old drama that they did in 2010.

Somehow, this all seems to be pointing towards more clandestine meetings at the Roscoe Diner. Unfortunately, "Hard Knocks" won't be there to film them this year.
=========================================================

I'm a corporation too! That's just too funny

HOW IS IT FUNNY?

DARRELLE REVIS IS A PROFESSIONAL CONTRACTING ENTERPRISE.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
:snoop:
WHICH ISNT GUARANTEED YOU OA. AND WHICH IS MUCH LESS THAN THE BEST CORNER IN FOOTBALL DESERVES.

he, and his agent knew how much the contract he signed 2 years ago pays out each season. he agreed to and signed that contract. he deserved more? HE AGREED TO THE DEAL, which means he thought that was what he deserved.

MalickSyXShabbaz

Daps
he, and his agent knew how much the contract he signed 2 years ago pays out each season. he agreed to and signed that contract.

THE TEAM WON'T HONOR ANY AMOUNT OF BASE SALARIES IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO HIM AND THEY DECIDE TO RELEASE HIM.

THEREFORE HE HAS NO OBLIGATION TO HONOR A CONTRACT THAT HE FEELS IS LESS THAN HIS MARKET VALUE.

SIMPLE ECONOMICS ON BOTH SIDES, EVEN WITHOUT CONSIDERING THE MORAL IMPERATIVE ON EITHER SIDE.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Revis probably didn't even realize that his base was going down to $4.5MM this year & next when he signed the contract. :heh: