Don't sign you contract if you don't like it. The Darrelle Revis Thread

MalickSyXShabbaz

FREEALLTHEDOVESANDBANANAS
Daps
You don't really understand how contracts work do you? You know people have years where they are dramatically over-paid.

Being underpaid one year is usually just balancing the deal out

I DON'T THINK YOU UNDERSTAND HOW CONTRACTS WORK BUDDY.

A CONTRACT IS AN AGREEMENT BASED UPON STANDING PRINCIPLES, FACTS AND KNOWN INFORMATION AT THE TIME.

THE KNOWN INFORMATION NOW IS THAT DARELLE REVIS HAS PERFORMED AS THE TOP CORNERBACK IN THE NFL TWO YEARS INTO A CONTRACT. NOW THAT THE INFORMATION HAS CHANGED, HE RIGHTFULLY FEELS THAT HE DESERVES MORE THAN WHAT THE ORIGINAL TERMS OF THE CONTRACTS ENTITLED HIM TO, AS THUS, HE RIGHTFULLY FEELS THAT HE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO OFFER HIS SERVICES FOR LESS THAN WHAT THE CURRENT MARKET VALUE WOULD BE FOR A PLAYER OF HIS CALIBER WHO HAS PERFORMED AT THAT LEVEL FOR MULTIPLE YEARS, AN ARGUMENT THAT WOULD HOLD UP IN ANY ARBITRATION COURT IN AMERICA.

Daps
a contract literally is an obligation. HE AGREED TO THE DEAL. what part of that do you not understand?

Some of these dudes are too dumb and it's pointless even continuing on with them.

Anybody who holds out due to a bad contract, then gets a new contract agrees with it and signs it has no business holding out from it in 2 years.

Funny thing is I think I recall Revis possibly mentioning a second holdout a few years back after he signed this one

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
on the other hand, i havent heard any word directly from revis or people tied to him that he wants out, its just a media driven story at this point, so the argument is really moot right now

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
:snoop:
WHICH ISNT GUARANTEED YOU OA. AND WHICH IS MUCH LESS THAN THE BEST CORNER IN FOOTBALL DESERVES.

For 2012, Revis has guarantees of $8.5 million in salary

Q&A on Darrelle Revis' Contract

whether or not he deserves more has nothing to do with this question. you claimed they can release him and not pay a dime more. which is clearly false and tells me u dont know shiiit

MalickSyXShabbaz

Daps
a contract literally is an obligation. HE AGREED TO THE DEAL. what part of that do you not understand?

WHAT PART OF THE TEAM RESERVES THE RIGHT TO NOT PAY HIM ANY AMOUNT OF THAT AGREED CONTRACT IF HIS PERFORMANCE LESSENS DUE TO INJURY OR ANY OTHER REASON DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?

AND WHAT PART OF DARELLE REVIS CONTRACTING ENTERPRISES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO NOT OFFER HIS SERVICES WITHIN THE CURRENT CONFINES OF THAT CONTRACT IF HE IS NOT PROPERLY COMPENSATED ACCORDING TO WHAT HE FEELS HIS CURRENT MARKET VALUE IS DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
WHAT PART OF THE TEAM RESERVES THE RIGHT TO NOT PAY HIM ANY AMOUNT OF THAT AGREED CONTRACT IF HIS PERFORMANCE LESSENS DUE TO INJURY OR ANY OTHER REASON DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?

AND WHAT PART OF DARELLE REVIS CONTRACTING ENTERPRISES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO NOT OFFER HIS SERVICES WITHIN THE CURRENT CONFINES OF THAT CONTRACT IF HE IS NOT PROPERLY COMPENSATED ACCORDING TO WHAT HE FEELS HIS CURRENT MARKET VALUE IS DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?

he gets paid this season. are you really that retarded?

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
again not true. 8.5 million is guaranteed. but looks like ur an idiot so I wont waste my time tryin to argue with u

Daps
on the other hand, i havent heard any word directly from revis or people tied to him that he wants out, its just a media driven story at this point, so the argument is really moot right now

Yeah, nothing is official, but it doesn't seem like he really is enthusiastic about getting out there and playing with this deal

MalickSyXShabbaz

Daps
Q&A on Darrelle Revis' Contract

whether or not he deserves more has nothing to do with this question. you claimed they can release him and not pay a dime more. which is clearly false and tells me u dont know shiiit

THATS GUARANTEED MONEY HE GETS THAT REGARDLESS..

YOU WROTE

thats just not true at all
he has a base salary of 4.5 million this year.

A SINGLE DIME OF THAT IS NOT GUARANTEED. NEITHER IS THE BASE SALARIES THAT HE WOULD COLLECT NEXT YEAR EITHER, WHICH IS WHAT THE TEAM AGREED TO PAY HIM IS IT NOT?

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins
Honestly, I see dude man is at it again.

Bottom line, if re-negnotiated that deal in 2010, and read it and didn't like the number from 2012, then don't sign it.

Dude is getting to be a nuissance, I`d hate to have this shyt on my team

But yet you post a lot about the Jets like its your team. :stopitslime:

MalickSyXShabbaz

Daps
he gets paid this season. are you really that retarded?

THATS GUARANTEED MONEY THAT WAS GUARANTEED TO HIM AT THE SIGNING OF THE CONTRACT.

YOUR RACISM BLINDS YOU TO THE FACT THAT HE COLLECTS TO BASE SALARY THIS YEAR OR NEXT YEAR IF THE TEAM DECIDES TO RELEASE HIM DUE TO ANY REASON.