Donald Trump says he’ll choose his vice presidential candidate later today (Update Trump choose J.D. Vance)

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
If Trump was smart, which we know damn well he's not, he would have picked someone like Rubio or Haley. "Moderates" or Never Trumper's in the GOP that could somewhat sway the independents to their side. He picked Pence in 2016 to get the evangelicals and the establishment republicans on his side but I guess he figured he can go full blown MAGA with his pick.

Fani Willis fan

Man What
Daps
He needs to supercharge turnout of his voting base in a few key states such as Wisconsin, Georgia, and Michigan. Vance is great for that.

If Biden was in a stronger position, I could see him picking Vivek or even a wild card like Kennedy or Gabbard.
Also theres a growing group of potential voters who have been groaning about the lack of youthful infusion in administration.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Trump is really dominating the news cycle right now

need some Ls to come his way asap
2016 all over again. A year ago they were saying Trump couldn't afford campaign bills because of his court payouts. He don't need money now.
He's getting a 6 month of free press, worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

The media is funding Trump’s campaign for a second time.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
awful choice. jd vance has zero appeal outside of MAGA, seen as a bland self-serving, bootlicking white boy with zero principles.

rubio or haley would have been far more damaging to biden’s chances.

i am actually surprised. i thought trump and his team would be smarter than this.

:francis:
Why does this post reek of disappointment? :picard:

Daps
Trump is really dominating the news cycle right now

need some Ls to come his way asap
this is actually good. everyone with a brain knows trump is a piece of shyt. the more the news talks about him, the more his negatives are accentuated.

the dynamic is COMPLETELY different than 2016.

the boorish, malignantly inept narcissism that underscored his first term is starting to surface in the minds of voters, especially those on the fence.

the shooting incident didn’t help him. and, now, his selection of jd vance isn’t going to help him; in fact, that pick hurts him, because vance has no appeal to swing voters, women, young people or people of color (especially black voters).

:unimpressed:

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
awful choice. jd vance has zero appeal outside of MAGA, seen as a bland self-serving, bootlicking white boy with zero principles.

rubio or haley would have been far more damaging to biden’s chances.

i am actually surprised. i thought trump and his team would be smarter than this.

:francis:
I don't know why people are saying this. Trump needs to win back WI, MI, AZ and NC. Vance will appeal to white folks in these states.

Trump is not that divisive among white people.
2016 all over again. A year ago they were saying Trump couldn't afford campaign bills because of his court payouts. He don't need money now.

Yep. I don't get this confidence. Biden is weaker than ever, facing calls to step down from prominent party insiders, but folks are out here saying he will body Trump. This isn't 2020.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
So trump picked a guy who said the following about him????

Relationship with Donald Trump

During the 2016 U.S. presidential election, Vance was an outspoken critic of Republican nominee Donald Trump. In a February 2016 USA Today column, he wrote that "Trump's actual policy proposals, such as they are, range from immoral to absurd."[104] In the Atlantic and on the PBS show hosted by Charlie Rose,[105] Vance called Trump "cultural heroin"[106] and "an opioid of the masses."[107][108] In October 2016, he called Trump "reprehensible" in a post on Twitter,[109] and called himself a "never-Trump guy."[110] In a private message on Facebook he called Trump "America's Hitler".[111]
there's numerous videos of him on video saying all these quotes. now he has bent the knee and kissed the orange ring. what a fukking joke :russ:

Last edited:

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps

Too many ignorant ass people in this country
And contrarian edgelords

All the people with sense gotta suffer for stupid people again

It’s like watching people lose on purpose in slow motion because this fake corny performative machismo gets them off. So stupid

Last edited: