Donald Trump says he’ll choose his vice presidential candidate later today (Update Trump choose J.D. Vance)

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He doesn't want or need new voters. He needs to get enough of his existing voters out to flip a few key states. He flips WI, AZ, and MI, he wins the election.
even worse, and more likely; Trump only has to flip GA and PA to win the election :snoop:

Here is some basic voter information for people that don't understand party affiliation and why Biden almost certainly will be re-elected. It is just basic math. There are just more Democratic voters than there are Republican voters and even the Independent voters lean heavily towards the Democrats. In the 2020 election Trump got 74 million votes, but he still got smoked by almost 9 million votes, because Biden ended up with almost 83 million votes. Trump's only hope is to suppress Democratic voter turnout, because if they turnout then he is going to lose. Anyway here is a recap and breakdown of Trump and Clinton 2016 matchup;

What the 2020 electorate looks like by party, race and ethnicity, age, education and religion​

Party identification

Share of registered voters who identify with the GOP has ticked up since 2017

Around a third of registered voters in the U.S. (34%) identify as independents, while 33% identify as Democrats and 29% identify as Republicans, according to a Center analysis of Americans’ partisan identification based on surveys of more than 12,000 registered voters in 2018 and 2019.

Most independents in the U.S. lean toward one of the two major parties. When taking independents’ partisan leanings into account, 49% of all registered voters either identify as Democrats or lean to the party, while 44% identify as Republicans or lean to the GOP.

Party identification among registered voters hasn’t changed dramatically over the past 25 years, but there have been some modest shifts. One such shift is that the Democratic Party’s advantage over the Republican Party in party identification has become smaller since 2017.
Of course, just because a registered voter identifies with or leans toward a particular party does not necessarily mean they will vote for a candidate of that party (or vote at all). In a study of validated voters in 2016, 5% of Democrats and Democratic leaners reported voting for Trump, and 4% of Republicans and GOP leaners reported voting for Hillary Clinton.

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
Here is some basic voter information for people that don't understand party affiliation and why Biden almost certainly will be re-elected. It is just basic math. There are just more Democratic voters than there are Republican voters and even the Independent voters lean heavily towards the Democrats. In the 2020 election Trump got 74 million votes, but he still got smoked by almost 9 million votes, because Biden ended up with almost 83 million votes. Trump's only hope is to suppress Democratic voter turnout, because if they turnout then he is going to lose. Anyway here is a recap and breakdown of Trump and Clinton 2016 matchup;

What the 2020 electorate looks like by party, race and ethnicity, age, education and religion​

Just like I said to you before: 1) this is not 2020. 2) Trump was outnumbered in 2016 and still won. Biden had a supercharged voter base in 2020 due to Covid and BLM, factors he no longer has.

Your entire premise rests on the assumption that everyone who voted for Biden in 2020 will do so again.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Vance might be a puppet for techno-libertarians, but he is still a dangerous man. I would argue that this makes him even more dangerous, given the people who created and launched his political career. Peter Thiel was his mentor.

He is far more intelligent than Trump. He knows how to temper his personality to deliver a message that sounds good on the surface and to give the impression that he's for the working class. Most people don't look beyond the surface when it comes to this and that benefits him greatly. For example, he was down on the UAW picket lines showing support, even though he doesn't truly support labor unions; he calls them bad unions, while police and firefighter unions are the good ones. He's worked with some progressives in the Senate to push legislation that goes after the railroad industry and increased regulations for large, failed banks. He knows how to appear populist, even if he's phony as fukk.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Guess who’s looking forward to JD beating Kamala in the debate

She is a Ron Paul supporting Libertarian like Vance. She doesn't really care about Black people or reparations. She was just doing the bidding of John Tanton in helping to further a divide.

Well, putting aside the question of how one defines “convincingly”, at the heart of the teeth gnashing are Paul’s racist newsletters and their import. For me, this would be a much tougher nut to crack if structural and/or cultural racism were still the most heinous defect in the American body politic. But in a country where indefinite detention just became the law of the land, it’s not. In a country where unmanned American drones are killing innocent children abroad, it’s not. And in a country where mortgage scammers are protected from prosecution while Americans are being foreclosed on in record numbers, it’s not. Sorry black folks, but race and racism are not the biggest issues of the 21st century and to imagine otherwise is to conflate the issue and put the needs of your community ahead of the needs of America in particular and the global community in general. In that way, it’s a selfish usurpation of the political agenda to placate the few, and it shouldn’t be tolerated by black people of conscience.

If you, or me, or the next gal or guy believes Ron Paul to be a racist based on those 20 year old newsletters, then don’t vote for him. But don’t pretend that, as we devolve into a genuine police state, one candidate’s 20 year old view on race, or one’s association with racists, is a disqualifier. That’s a cute little immature brand of boutique politics, but it’s just unworkable in the knuckle and fist variety of real politics where the most important and impactful issues take priority. I wish Andrew Sullivan hadn’t unendorsed Paul.

RiffRaff

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston to LA like I'm Robert Horry.
Just like I said to you before: 1) this is not 2020. 2) Trump was outnumbered in 2016 and still won. Biden had a supercharged voter base in 2020 due to Covid and BLM, factors he no longer has.

Your entire premise rests on the assumption that everyone who voted for Biden in 2020 will do so again.
I agree with this premise. Total number of votes doesn’t mean shyt with the electoral college. Biden’s problem isn’t people in mass “defecting” to the other side or Trump gaining new constituents, it’s going to be voter apathy from folks that voted him in 2020. Israel/Palenstine, economy, etc. These are the biggest challenges that might cause folks to sit out altogether.

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
I agree with this premise. Total number of votes doesn’t mean shyt with the electoral college. Biden’s problem isn’t people in mass “defecting” to the other side or Trump gaining new constituents, it’s going to be voter apathy from folks that voted him in 2020. Israel/Palenstine, economy, etc. These are the biggest challenges that might cause folks to sit out altogether.
giphy.gif

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
He doesn't want or need new voters. He needs to get enough of his existing voters out to flip a few key states. He flips WI, AZ, and MI, he wins the election.

@I Really Mean It You call me maga...this you?
I think white supremacy has evolved to plausible deniability, tokenism, and being okay with "whitish" people. Them kids look white enough.

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
Trump picked a “yes-man” for his VP.

Reminds me of Pence in that same sense, he would never pick a VP who has the balls to challenge him and his word/perspective.

Kamala >>> Vance.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection

Party identification

Share of registered voters who identify with the GOP has ticked up since 2017

Around a third of registered voters in the U.S. (34%) identify as independents, while 33% identify as Democrats and 29% identify as Republicans, according to a Center analysis of Americans’ partisan identification based on surveys of more than 12,000 registered voters in 2018 and 2019.

Most independents in the U.S. lean toward one of the two major parties. When taking independents’ partisan leanings into account, 49% of all registered voters either identify as Democrats or lean to the party, while 44% identify as Republicans or lean to the GOP.

Party identification among registered voters hasn’t changed dramatically over the past 25 years, but there have been some modest shifts. One such shift is that the Democratic Party’s advantage over the Republican Party in party identification has become smaller since 2017.
Of course, just because a registered voter identifies with or leans toward a particular party does not necessarily mean they will vote for a candidate of that party (or vote at all). In a study of validated voters in 2016, 5% of Democrats and Democratic leaners reported voting for Trump, and 4% of Republicans and GOP leaners reported voting for Hillary Clinton.

The Republican Party hasn't won the popular vote since 2004. Biden only truly won by 80 or 100k people.

Biden has always been at risk because while there are more dems than repubs, dems sit out all the time, which is why there's such a backlash on here to not voting.