Dominican brehs, how did Dominicans feel when Sammy Sosa bleached his skin?

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
I'm not saying she's not successful. I'm saying she gets unwarranted criticism for the things that she does, how she dances and the way that she dresses when background dancers on all those Dominican TV shows do the same thing and no one bats an eye. Only difference is that Amara is dark skinned and wears her natural hair.

maybe is because they are background dancers and not an actual singer/performer...

T.V. show dancers have existed for yearsssssss...its just eye candy for the men to watch tv...so I can't compare the to Amara...:yeshrug:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
maybe is because they are background dancers and not an actual singer/performer...

T.V. show dancers have existed for yearsssssss...its just eye candy for the men to watch tv...so I can't compare the to Amara...:yeshrug:

I'm not saying she's not successful. I'm saying she gets unwarranted criticism for the things that she does, how she dances and the way that she dresses when background dancers on all those Dominican TV shows do the same thing and no one bats an eye. Only difference is that Amara is dark skinned and wears her natural hair.

i never knew anything about her but u made me look into it. turns out her dances do get a little hypersexual like andressa soares. DR is a very religious country at the core of it so stuff like her on TV wearing super tight pum pum shorts and touching her twat is gonna garner some controversy whatever skin color u are.

i mean we talking about a country where bonny cepeda the merengue singer was arrested for wearing a suit made out of the dominican flag and charged with defacing it.

still it wouldnt totally surprise me if on some level there was something racist about it too

Arianne Martell

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
i never knew anything about her but u made me look into it. turns out her dances do get a little hypersexual like andressa soares. DR is a very religious country at the core of it so stuff like her on TV wearing super tight pum pum shorts and toucher her twat is gonna garner some controversy whatever skin color u are.

i mean we talking about a country where bonny cepeda the merengue singer was arrested for wearing a suit made out of the dominican flag and charged with defacing it.

or the song by Juanes tengo una camisa negra was banned from playing in DR

:mjlol:

but they are so hypocritical about their conservative faux outrage hahahahaha!!!

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
or the song by Juanes tengo una camisa negra was banned from playing in DR

:mjlol:

but they are so hypocritical about their conservative faux outrage hahahahaha!!!

word and tego is banned from performing out there because he's so pro-weed

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
for sexual undertones yet they have women dancing on tv half naked :dead:
love my country tho!

:russ: we can be a little assbackwards.

they show women half naked and its all good as long as they dont bend over or gyrate their hips in a sexually suggestive way. when i spent time with my religious cousins i saw why. everytime they saw a chick in a bikini on TV they would act all outraged :beli:. they wouldnt last 3 days in the US

Arianne Martell

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:laff::laff::laff:

:russ: we can be a little assbackwards.

they show women half naked and its all good as long as they dont bend over or gyrate their hips in a sexually suggestive way. when i spent time with my religious cousins i saw why. everytime they saw a chick in a bikini on TV they would act all outraged :beli:. they wouldnt last 3 days in the US

Rubio

Banned
Daps
i never said race was something that didnt exist or anything like that. i said its not as important as it is here. here we seperate ourselves from other groups by our nationality.

in DR the first level of seperation is political.
then its wealth.
then its regional.
then its by regions within regions.
then it gets racial.

u will hear a dominican say "i dont like him because he is a PLD supporter", "i dont like him because he's poor", "i dont like him because he is cibaeno", "i dont like him because he is from santiago" before u hear a dominican say about a fellow dominican "i dont like him because he is darker skinned than me".

in this country, the very first level of seperation within its own citizenry is race.

it does not matter if 2 people are in the same political party, have the same amount of money, and are from the same exact town.

if one is black and the other is white, there will always exist a level of separation because of this countries history.

in DR, descendants of slaves and descendants of slave owners have been race mixing for more than 200 years. so racism, even tho it definitely DOES exist, takes on a different meaning. in america, an interracial couple still gets looks. black people and white people still dont know how to act around mixed kids. mixed people have an identity crisis sometimes.

in DR race mixing is so common that it has led to entire families with every shade under the sun in it.

again, i am NOT saying racism doesnt exist there. of course it does, even within families. but what i am saying is that race is not the first level of separation among dominican citizens the way it is among american citizens.

Sure, the US is the most racially divided country in the western hemisphere, so you're not telling me anything new here. That has nothing to do with what I've been saying though. I never claimed DR is any more or less "racist" than other countries in the Americas. That was never the focal point of my argument here. What I want these people to understand is that Dominicans living in DR do notice race. Like I said, Afro-descendant Dominicans are completely aware of their African ancestry. And the ones that do look black have no problems referring to themselves as such. You guys have been muddying this discussion by bringing up your own identity issues as Dominican immigrants living in the US.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Sure, the US is the most racially divided country in the western hemisphere, so you're not telling me anything new here. That has nothing to do with what I've been saying though. I never claimed DR is any more or less "racist" than other countries in the Americas. That was never the focal point of my argument here. What I want these people to understand is that Dominicans living in DR do notice race. Like I said, Afro-descendant Dominicans are completely aware of their African ancestry. And the ones that do look black have no problems referring to themselves as such. You guys have been muddying this discussion by bringing up your own identity issues as Dominican immigrants living in the US.

the discussion is about dominicans in the US and how american blacks perceive them and how they perceive themselves, so who is muddying up the discussion? :comeon:

Rubio

Banned
Daps
the discussion is about dominicans in the US and how american blacks perceive them and how they perceive themselves, so who is muddying up the discussion? :comeon:

No, the discussion was supposed to be about Sammy Sosa. Then all you submissive Dominicans in this forum let these nikkas turn it into another "Dominicans are a bunch of confused blacks" thread.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
No, the discussion was supposed to be about Sammy Sosa. Then all you submissive Dominicans in this forum let these nikkas turn it into another "Dominicans are a bunch of confused blacks" thread.

:snoop: please show me where u see me being submissive and letting them talk shyt to us. please point it out to me. u have to be the only one seeing this.

Rubio

Banned
Daps
:snoop: please show me where u see me being submissive and letting them talk shyt to us. please point it out to me. u have to be the only one seeing this.

Not only do you let them talk shyt to you, but you're so pussified that I've seen you put down your own country in order to appease them.lol Not even the Haitians in this forum do this type of shyt, and you know their country is fukked up. But they never self-deprecate since they're very proud people, unlike you guys.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Not only do you let them talk shyt to you, but you're so pussified that I've seen you put down your own country in order to appease them.lol Not even the Haitians in this forum do this type of shyt, and you know their country is fukked up. But they never self-deprecate since they're very proud people, unlike you guys.

again, show me where i did any of that. either quote me where i said it and show me or stfu, cause u talking nonsense.