Does the large Caribbean presence in NYC's Hip Hop scene explain the disconnect with other regions?

Hoodoo Child

The Urban Legend
Daps
Reppin
The Crossroads
You nikkas is delusional as shyt:mjlol:

Tell me which elements of Hip Hop comes from the caribbean. I'm all ears.

Lol at a nikka like Pimp C inheriting his gift of gab from Jamaicans instead of his African American heritage. You nikkas are literally clueless and stubborn as shyt.

Some resilient fukkers, I'll give you that.
Yooo :DeadHenry: These nikkas still think Hip Hop was created by a Caribbean?

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
giphy.gif

so yall don't forget

How far back are we going here for true origins?
Because music historians would argue that West African 'Griots', or live poet story tellers were rhyming first over drums etc.

Pit Bull

GATOR
Daps
Reppin
Crenshaw Mafia
y’all nikkaz argue over da stupidest shyt

ONLY A COMPLETE DUMBASS
DOSNT ACKNOWLEDGE CARIBBEAN INFLUENCE INTO HIP HOP

the top 3 hip hop pioneers

1. kool herc - Jamaican
  2. bambaataa - Jamaican & Bajan
  3. grand master flash - Bajan

:snoop: how do u nikkaz even attempt to spin your BULLshyt :snoop:
Again, what specific elements of Caribbean culture did they bring up here to create Hip Hop?

Such a simple question yet no answers:mjgrin:

truth2you

All Star
Daps
y’all nikkaz argue over da stupidest shyt

ONLY A COMPLETE DUMBASS
DOSNT ACKNOWLEDGE CARIBBEAN INFLUENCE INTO HIP HOP

the top 3 hip hop pioneers

1. kool herc - Jamaican
  2. bambaataa - Jamaican & Bajan
  3. grand master flash - Bajan

:snoop: how do u nikkaz even attempt to spin your BULLshyt :snoop:
Why disrespect people just to not even know what you're talking about?

All those people self proclaimed themsleves pioneers, it wasn't given to them until the next generation came about, and those people didn't know all about hip hop history because they were young, and still living it. Even Krs-one admitted he got a lot wrong, but I'm not gonna disrespect them because they did play a part

The bigger issue is how does someone having family from the caribbean correlate to the carribean influenced hip hop?

Last time I checked they were ALL New Yorkers, and live the NYC culture, not the caribbean. People didn't even know they were Caribbean besides herc. When Herc was asked about flash & bambatta, being west indian, he said "I don't know they never said it back then"!:mjlol:

And like @Big Lysol keeps asking, what did the carribean contribute to early hip hop? NO ONE ANSWERS THIS QUESTION, THEY JUST SAY SOMEONE HAS FAMILY FROM THE CARIBBEAN!:comeon:

The sad part is the more you keep doing this, the more you spread division, because you are allowing lies to grow. These same people shyt on white people for doing the same thing to black history, but they have no problem doing it to black american history!:what:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Wasn't Hip-hop not only influenced, but created, pushed, and championed by Caribbean-Americans? The music is very much America but the DJs and MCs at least the more successful and prolific ones were in fact Caribbean-American.

If my Hip-hop history is wrong, enlighten a breh.

truth2you

All Star
Daps
Wasn't Hip-hop not only influenced, but created, pushed, and championed by Caribbean-Americans? The music is very much America but the DJs and MCs at least the more successful and prolific ones were in fact Caribbean-American.

If my Hip-hop history is wrong, enlighten a breh.
In what era were these dj's & mc's caribbean in such a high amount?

And I don't want to hear about the ones mixed with black american, because I notice when people call a rapper caribbean, they leave out the fact that the person is mixed with black american, and the rapper was raised in NYC! Their family is from the carribean. not them!

The only exceptions would be those who were from the flatbush areas since it was widely carribean, or people who would go back to the islands, but everywhere else, nikka please!

Last edited:

Pit Bull

GATOR
Daps
Reppin
Crenshaw Mafia
Let me move to Jamaica and put reggae style lyrics over danchall beats then claim it as African American culture. On top of that claim that the music has no Jamaican roots.:mjgrin:

That's exactly what most of these Caribbean nikkas is doing in this thread.

It's seem like to me the true pioneers of NYC Hip Hop was AAs from the disco era anyway. Them cats they calling pioneers was a whole other generation of Hip Hop that came later.