Does the large Caribbean presence in NYC's Hip Hop scene explain the disconnect with other regions?

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
WELCOME
Lane-End-Merge-Left-Sign-X-W9-2L.gif
The fukk does this mean:gucci:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Hip hop is a Caribbean art form

Other regions should thank their God for Jamaicans..ugk and all that wouldnt be around without Jamaicans..

giphy.gif

so yall don't forget

Not quite....for one the toasting (freelanced style) in Jamaica owes it origin to Afram jive/radio dj's and then the modern Deejay style (more syncopated) was influenced by early HipHop

..........then they heard American Rap in the late 1970's

...and then in the early 1980's modern jamaican dancehall was born when they started using HipHop-Rap style syncopation to the beat when the jamaica toasting was always freelanced/not relating directly to the beat

this is basically all confirmed by Supercat

Supercat basically hints at it here

Super Cat was saying specifically that Rappers Delight was HUGE in Jamaica.

@2:23

shouts to @The Ruler 09 for posting that.

Pit Bull

GATOR
Daps
Reppin
Crenshaw Mafia
Hip hop is a Caribbean art form
Other regions should thank their God for Jamaicans..ugk and all that wouldnt be around without Jamaicans..
You nikkas is delusional as shyt:mjlol:

Tell me which elements of Hip Hop comes from the caribbean. I'm all ears.

Lol at a nikka like Pimp C inheriting his gift of gab from Jamaicans instead of his African American heritage. You nikkas are literally clueless and stubborn as shyt.

Some resilient fukkers, I'll give you that.

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
You nikkas is delusional as shyt:mjlol:

Tell me which elements of Hip Hop comes from the caribbean. I'm all ears.

Lol at a nikka like Pimp C inheriting his gift of gab from Jamaicans instead of his African American heritage. You nikkas are literally clueless and stubborn as shyt.

Some resilient fukkers, I'll give you that.

Hip hop started in the Bronx

That ignorant bama shyt came decades later

truth2you

All Star
Daps
These nikkas know the truth, but people just want to believe what they want

How the hell its 2018, and we are still discussing this, when "illmaticdelta" has showed & prove the origins of hip hop being black american for at least three years on here?

Even if he didn't do that, all you have to do is ask if hip hop came from the islands, why didn't it grow there? How the hell something started somewhere else, yet it has no signs of it, but when you look somewhere else, they have signs of it all over the place? Dancehall didn't grow until the early 80's, NYC had hip hop all over the place by then! Dancehall dj's had no techniques even comparable to hip hop, but you are gonna tell me hip hop started in Jamaica? The only thing comparable is the dancing, but even that didn't really start until the mid-late 80's, and hip hop was doing that way before that, in fact the dancers are what helped start hip hop in the early 70's!

People bullshyt so much, they start bullshytting themselves!

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Hip hop started in the Bronx

from southern aframs:troll:

That ignorant bama shyt came decades later

all part of the southern afram musical family/heritage. :ehh:

It has long been believed that the Bronx is the birthplace of hip-hop. But after recently coming across a Youtube video of David "Pigmeat" Markham's 1968 song "Here Come The Judge," the XXLMag staff has been mulling over the idea that maybe, just maybe, the North Carolina-born entertainer/comedian/singer/dancer – and clearly rapper was the actual originator of rap and that maybe history has been wrong all along. Let's dig.

Markham, known for his artistic name Pigmeat Markham, kicked off his career in the 1920s as part of a traveling burlesque show and then as a member of Bessie Smith's Traveling Revue. In the 1940s, he made his first film appearance, and in the 1950s, he began appearing on television, including on the Ed Sullivan show, and making routine performances at the Apollo Theater. His signature skit became known as "Heyeah Come Da Judge," which poked fun at formal courtroom etiquette. In 1964, he released what is believed to be his first song, "Open The Door, Richard."

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2011/04/did-pigmeat-markham-release-the-first-hip-hop-song/

listen to daddy-o break it down