Does the large Caribbean presence in NYC's Hip Hop scene explain the disconnect with other regions?

Blessup

Souljah inna Jah Army
Daps
Reppin
Jah Movements
Why you nikkas liers b, honestly lol I have seen every tyson fight and this never happend. Like why lie my dude. How am i gonna talk to you man to man, when you telling me bold face lies.

1. Show me a picture or a video with tyson coming into the ring with the jamaican flag

2. Refute these claims from tysons own mouth

"Tyson's biological father is listed as "Purcell Tyson" (who was from Jamaica) on his birth certificate,[ but the man Tyson had known as his father was Jimmy Kirkpatrick. Kirkpatrick was from Grier Town, North Carolina (a predominantly black neighborhood that was annexed by the city of Charlotte)"

"My father was just a regular street guy caught up in the street world," Tyson said. Kirkpatrick abandoned the Tyson family around the time Mike was born, leaving Tyson's mother to care for the children on her own.[17]Kirkpatrick died in 1992."

A picture of kirkpatrick tyson used in his book, his book you clown
Did you read what you posted?

It shows that his BIOLOGICAL birth certificate listed his Jamaica father. BUT (KEYWORD:BUT) the man he had KWOWN as his father was Jimmy Kirkpatrick (STEP FATHER).

Get the dikk out ya booty, you young dumb ass lil nikka. pick up more books and log off the coli and learn how to read. BTW the documentary where Mike Tyson is wearing the Jamaican Flag is called "Champs" It's on Netflix. Enjoy
:camby:

Blessup

Souljah inna Jah Army
Daps
Reppin
Jah Movements
I have the Champs documentary on netflix playing in the background btw. When the scene comes up, i'm going to record or let you know at what time to look for it.

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
Did you read what you posted?

It shows that his BIOLOGICAL birth certificate listed his Jamaica father. BUT (KEYWORD:BUT) the man he had KWOWN as his father was Jimmy Kirkpatrick (STEP FATHER).

Get the dikk out ya booty, you young dumb ass lil nikka. pick up more books and log off the coli and learn how to read. BTW the documentary where Mike Tyson is wearing the Jamaican Flag is called "Champs" It's on Netflix. Enjoy
:camby:

1. Tyson in his book clearly explains that kirkpatrick was a pimp, who pimped out his moms. Purcell was his step father and kirkpatric was his biological father. His own mother said it kirkpatrick was his real dad. Tysons moms >>>>> Your dumb ass

2."Mike used to come out wearing the Jamaican Flag wrapped around him sometimes"

Mike tyson is the second most famous boxer of all time, surely a simple search of mike tyson jamaican flag should get this picture up? but It aint gonna happen because there was never a fight tyson came out with the jamaican flag lol

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
2 proud jamaicans :mjlol:

121405-2093918225Fr.jpg

Mayweather1.jpg

Blessup

Souljah inna Jah Army
Daps
Reppin
Jah Movements
1. Tyson in his book clearly explains that kirkpatrick was a pimp, who pimped out his moms. Purcell was his step father and kirkpatric was his biological father. His own mother said it kirkpatrick was his real dad. Tysons moms >>>>> Your dumb ass

2."Mike used to come out wearing the Jamaican Flag wrapped around him sometimes"

Mike tyson is the second most famous boxer of all time, surely a simple search of mike tyson jamaican flag should get this picture up? but I aint gonna happen because there was never a fight tyson came out with the jamaican flag lol
Just wait. I promise you i'm going to post it in the next couple hrs. Check out my history. Everything I said, I back up with facts. I'm watching the documentary now, as soon as it comes up, I'm going to post it.

Your really young correct? Google search researchs is sometimes hundreds of pages and links. Just because it's not on the first 4/5 pages doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I already explained earlier why athletes of caribbean descent are not supposed to do that. He's fighting on behalf of the US, your supposed to be "American." Thats like Mario Balotelli representing Italy but coming out with the Ghana Flag. Its considered disrespectful and not loyal and not patriotic. If they paying your black ass.

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
"Mike used to come out wearing the Jamaican Flag wrapped around him sometimes"

Mike tyson the second most famous boxer of all time, every single fight documented but he can't be seen with a jamaican flag. You didin't say once you said sometimes so it was a regular thing lol Why can't google/or no other search engine find it. Do you know? Should I tell you why?

Because there has never been a fight mike tyson has a ever come out with the jamaican flag. Stop it.

Blessup

Souljah inna Jah Army
Daps
Reppin
Jah Movements

Mike tyson the second most famous boxer of all time, every single fight documented but he can't be seen with a jamaican flag. You didin't say once you said sometimes so it was a regular thing lol Why can't google/or no other search engine find it. Do you know? Should I tell you why?

Because there has never been a fight mike tyson has a ever come out with the jamaican flag. Stop it.

Ok lets do a Ban Bet.
Mods: If I post proof of Tyson coming to the ring with a Jamaican Flag, @lewisblack agrees to be banned.

Do you accept? I posted proof of everything else.

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
Ok lets do a Ban Bet.
Mods: If I post proof of Tyson coming to the ring with a Jamaican Flag, @lewisblack agrees to be banned.

Do you accept? I posted proof of everything else.

Just post the gotdmamn pic, fukk is wrong with you.

You know what you said "mike would sometimes" so you have to post a least 3 different pics. He has fought around 57 times so 3 different pics should be easy.

Blessup

Souljah inna Jah Army
Daps
Reppin
Jah Movements
Just post the gotdmamn pic, fukk is wrong with you.

You know what you said "mike would sometimes" so you have to post a least 3 different pics. He has fought around 57 times so 3 different pics should be easy.
No. I'm going to post the segment of the documentary showing him and don cornielus coming up with him in a jamaican flag. Thats my source. I already explained that. 1 pic or video is sufficient. Be patient, I said that i would post it when it appears on the documentary. I'm watching it now.

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
No. I'm going to post the segment of the documentary showing him and don cornielus coming up with him in a jamaican flag. Thats my source. I already explained that. 1 pic or video is sufficient. Be patient, I said that i would post it when it appears on the documentary. I'm watching it now.

It was more than one time came out with this jamaican flag as you claimed. Show me these fights that mike came out with the jamaican flag or shut up. You can find a random picture of p diddy with the puerto rican flag don't mean shyt.

Blessup

Souljah inna Jah Army
Daps
Reppin
Jah Movements

It was more than one time came out with this jamaican flag as you claimed. Show me these fights that mike came out with the jamaican flag or shut up. You can find a random picture of p diddy with the puerto rican flag don't mean shyt.
:why:
Shameless. So now you went from " He NEVER came out wearing a Jamaican flag" to "bu bu anyone can wear a Jamaican flag"

No. The only reason why Tyson would wear his Jamaican Flag to a WORLD CLASS boxing event is because he's making his Jamaican roots known. This isn't like wearing a puerto shirt at the puerto rican day parade. Its a major well publicized event.

Your just terrified right now that your ego is about to be crushed today because you found out Mikes father is Jamaican, and Mike him self made a statement with the huge Black, Green, and GOLD Jamaican Flag wrapped around him.

Blessup

Souljah inna Jah Army
Daps
Reppin
Jah Movements
In the mean time,

Lol i noticed yall fell back once I should proof that the first slaves in Jamaica was the Moors from the Iberian penisula in 1513. lol.

Where yall at?????? They was actually the only slaves there until about 1655 when the brits came with west african slaves.

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Philly's also different from the rest of the country though in that the 5% nation/NOI was HUGE there. The music reflects that and given the roots of NY Hip Hop and the shift in the early/mid 80s towards spiritual and political awakening, it's not that surprising that Philly ended up being largely in sync with New York.

However, even Philadelphia is more in tune with the rest of the country. You can hear it in the subject matter as well as the sampling/production choices.
I think you need to specify what year, because philly always had a NYC sound. The change started in 1998 when using the keyboard sounds became the in thing.

Also, philly has the best mc's, to me, so what do you think is the reason?