Does the large Caribbean presence in NYC's Hip Hop scene explain the disconnect with other regions?

Blessup

Souljah inna Jah Army
Daps
Reppin
Jah Movements
W-W-W-WAIT A MINUTE...

...were you not just on the last page talmbat how AAs and Jamaicans are the same??
So how does somebody have "Jamaican Blood" differentiated from "American Blood" if they're of the same people??
His mother said that. I was quoting her words.

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
W-W-W-WAIT A MINUTE...

...were you not just on the last page talmbat how AAs and Jamaicans are the same??
So how does somebody have "Jamaican Blood" differentiated from "American Blood" if they're of the same people??
that's why I ignored breh.
east coast nikkas are retarded with their stupid subethnic groups.
In the mid: everybody black
In the south (not florida): everybody black
in special snowflake gentrification zone: "I'm half grenadan/a quarter dominican/jamaican."
Like kendrick said: fukk your ethnicity.
you black.

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikka STFU and stop trying to change up.

You came to be a black man right? Simple question; If you was born and raised in Japan and you decided to join the track team in high school. You end up being faster than every japanese, on the team. Even the country!

Are you going to attribute this to your black genetics? Your black AA parents? or are you going to attribute that to your japanese upbringing?:mjlol:

We both know the answer. You just don't want to give caribbeans kings the shine we deserve.
But Jamaicans are black people too, right?:jbhmm:

Nikka you are straight dumb!

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
What exactly are they being absorbed into though? You said it yourself, to be "American" is to be white. If you're not considered white, you're not American. On the flipside, to be us is to be a 2nd class citizen. NOBODY who isn't born into being AA is going to take on our identity bruh even if they check the black box on the census.
United States black.
Good enough to dress like us, rap like us, walk/talk/act like us.
but you not us? cool. Ask those mopheads what happened in the 80s. It was bloody.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
See this is why people like you cause division with us, you are straight up telling half truths to fit your agenda!

Mike Tyson was a BROWNSVILLE BROOKLYN nikka. He wasn't southern based on his mothers background. He wasn't Jamaican because of his Fathers background. HE WAS A BROOKLYN,NYC GUY!

I'm not a southerner, even though my family is from there. I'M A BROOKLYN, NYC nikka. It shaped me into who I am, for the most part.

...aaand this is what I was saying on Page 1.

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
United States black.
Good enough to dress like us, rap like us, walk/talk/act like us.
but you not us? cool. Ask those mopheads what happened in the 80s. It was bloody.

I'm not familiar with that as it didn't play out on this side of the country, what city/cities are you speaking on?

Blessup

Souljah inna Jah Army
Daps
Reppin
Jah Movements
But Jamaicans are black people too, right?:jbhmm:

Nikka you are straight dumb!
:russ:
Nice try. You can't change up now. Just take that L.
Yes Jamaicans are black people. However, YOU, Odot Meta, Poiter, and Illmatic claim we are "different black people." You even went on to say that "we came from different places in africa and different tribes."

Blessup

Souljah inna Jah Army
Daps
Reppin
Jah Movements
...aaand this is what I was saying on Page 1.
Plenty of AA's and Caribbs are born in raised in countries like Japan and china. We know they would be considered a Japanese CITIZEN. His ethnicity and descent will always remain AA/and or Caribb.

This is a really simple concept. nikkas misinterpreting is eithier slow, high, or deliberate.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
that's why I ignored breh.
east coast nikkas are retarded with their stupid subethnic groups.
In the mid: everybody black
In the south (not florida): everybody black
in special snowflake gentrification zone: "I'm half grenadan/a quarter dominican/jamaican."
Like kendrick said: fukk your ethnicity.
you black.

...and here's where we come full circle.

As Black folks, by and large we appreciate Black chit.
NY Black folks are NYers before they're Black.

That's why the West was fuccin' wit' the South, and the Midwest and whatnot.
Like Pac said, he knew Thug Life was gonna be successful because (paraphrasing):
"This is the way of life that is lived by the most niccas."

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:russ:
Nice try. You can't change up now. Just take that L.
Yes Jamaicans are black people. However, YOU, Odot Meta, Poiter, and Illmatic claim we are "different black people." You even went on to say that "we came from different places in africa and different tribes."
Show me where I wrote we are different people.

And you are twisting their words around. They didn't mean we are different genetically. You know that, but you can't admit that everything you are posting is a joke to people who know the truth. You can't be a real live NYC cat, because there is no way you are from there, and talking like you do. The only people who would talk like you was soft guys who tried to use their being Jamaican with being tough. Or they got picked on, so they have a life long hatred for AA, even though some of the people dissing them had caribbean backgrounds themselves.

Please stop repeating your older family members who just hang with each other, watch the news, go to church, and talk shyt about AA, latins, yet love whites. Yeah, I know how it goes down:sas2:

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Plenty of AA's and Caribbs are born in raised in countries like Japan and china. We know they would be considered a Japanese CITIZEN. His ethnicity and descent will always remain AA/and or Caribb.

This is a really simple concept. nikkas misinterpreting is eithier slow, high, or deliberate.

Bruh, I gives a fucc about this.

My point was/is: a NY nicca is a NY nicca, no matter where they or their family are supposedly "from".