Does the large Caribbean presence in NYC's Hip Hop scene explain the disconnect with other regions?

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
Still in this thread fighting facts.
Let's bring back some key points:
Reggae is a direct DESCENDANT of American R&B
Ska is a direct DESCENDANT of American R&B
Rocksteady is a direct DESCENDANT of American R&B

Hip hop is the child of Funk/Poetry/Disco.
There is nothing Jamaican about it.
There is something hip hop and R&B about dancehall.

These can all be backed up historically. Anything else in the thread is petty fukkery. Stop trying to rewrite our history, we don't need your love. You sure need our validation.
After clearing Philadelphia, DC, and Baltimore of your street filth in the 80s/90s (so much for that "3rd world tough guy" talk) via JBM and the Uptown crew....we're doing it online with their children in 2016.
This work will continually be given out until you understand.

Blessup

Souljah inna Jah Army
Daps
Reppin
Jah Movements

"Why is your son Floyd Mayweather so good?"
"JAMAICAN BLOOD. YOU KNOW US JAMAICANS RUN TINGS" That includes Tyson and Lennox Lewis.

nikkas is butt hurt. At first they wanted to deny celebs of being of Caribb descent. Now that they can no longer deny celebs caribbean ancestry, the new argument is "bu bu but, they was born here."

No shyt nikka!
I was born in Queens, Ny. Does it change the fact that my Dad is Jamaican? My mom born in the Bronx. Half Jamaican and Half Rican! Which brings me back to my original point: NY is a melting pot. NY hip hop is influence by AA's and Caribbs!

I'm starting to think a yard nikka lace up dem gyal real good.

Daps
Reppin
he has jamaican blood mon yah mon :krs:

Floyd don't acknowledge that shyt, he is a MIDWEST nikka.
Let's get back to the facts:
Hip Hop is AA
Reggae is derived from AA music and infused with local rhythms.
So are its' precursors SKA and ROCKSTEADY.
Carib influence is minimal in comparison to AA influence on caribs.

I bet I'll see black american clothing trends if I watch a jamaican video, now won't I? Yes.
Y'all chattin? Toasting? we invented that, too....IN THE 40s, nikka.

Blessup

Souljah inna Jah Army
Daps
Reppin
Jah Movements
"he's jamaican from his grandfather" @Blessup yooooo
So that means I'm native american or hawaiian, right?
I guess I ain't black because my grandparent is not A/A, LOL.
Why are you bringing up grandparents batty bwoy? Does that video sting that much?
We talking about PARENTS.
Mayweather, Tyson, and Lennox Lewis all have at least one Jamaican parent.

Daps
Reppin
nikkas reaching for grandfathers and shyt LOL...did you even watch, fam?

Now back to the facts:
Hip Hop is a fully self contained AA musical form, drawing its' main inspiration from FUNK AND DISCO.

reggae, on the other hand, is a direct descendant of American R&B heard on the radio by jamaicans who wanted to remake our hit songs.
So...

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
The consensus here from AA New Yorkers seems to be that the Caribbean presence in NYC Hip Hop is minimal. That being said, if AA's dominate the culture in New York, is car culture/NYC's culture really enough of a distinguishing factor to account for such a large chasm between NYC rap vs. rap from the rest of the country?

Blessup

Souljah inna Jah Army
Daps
Reppin
Jah Movements

"Why is your son Floyd Mayweather so good?"
"JAMAICAN BLOOD. YOU KNOW US JAMAICANS RUN TINGS" That includes Tyson and Lennox Lewis.

nikkas is butt hurt. At first they wanted to deny celebs of being of Caribb descent. Now that they can no longer deny celebs caribbean ancestry, the new argument is "bu bu but, they was born here."

No shyt nikka!
I was born in Queens, Ny. Does it change the fact that my Dad is Jamaican? My mom born in the Bronx. Half Jamaican and Half Rican! Which brings me back to my original point: NY is a melting pot. NY hip hop is influence by AA's and Caribbs!

I'm starting to think a yard nikka lace up dem gyal real good.

Wow this Ether is so string. That loser nikka literally spamming the thread, by posting back to back to back to try to bury this L. Naw nikka, Your faves are all of Carrib descent. :russ::russ: