Does the large Caribbean presence in NYC's Hip Hop scene explain the disconnect with other regions?

Blessup

Souljah inna Jah Army
Daps
Reppin
Jah Movements
Ok, so answer this ... were different types of slaves dropped off in the South vs. the Caribbean?
No. Not at all. The same exact tribes dropped off in the caribbean was also dropped off in the south. Some Areas may have a little more or less of the same tribes.

Edit: I predict Illmatic Delta comes posting huge pages of information suggesting/implying information( like always) even tho theres conflicting info.

Last edited:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
No. Not at all. The same exact tribes dropped off in the caribbean was also dropped off in the south. Some Areas may have a little more or less of the same tribes.

It was more than "a little or less"

Blessup

Souljah inna Jah Army
Daps
Reppin
Jah Movements

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
You have to be dumb to think...

Similar proportional number of Yoruba slaves were brought to Brazil/Cuba and the US
Similar proportional number of Congolese slaves were brought to Brazil and the US

Jamaica is mostly Ghanian, Haiti is benin, not Igbo or Bamileke like the US.

Even in your link it says "The Akan population was still maintained because they were the preference of British planters in Jamaica because they were "better workers", according to these Planters. " :skip: