Does the large Caribbean presence in NYC's Hip Hop scene explain the disconnect with other regions?

Blessup

Souljah inna Jah Army
Daps
Reppin
Jah Movements
I thought you were DONE.
Notice i didn't say all...
More sahelians were brought to the US. That's the point. You keep fighting for what?
Are you high? Ready my quote
No. Not at all. The same exact tribes dropped off in the caribbean was also dropped off in the south. Some Areas may have a little more or less of the same tribes.

Edit: I predict Illmatic Delta comes posting huge pages of information suggesting/implying information( like always) even tho theres conflicting info.
Read the bolded. Key words: some, little more or less.

Blessup

Souljah inna Jah Army
Daps
Reppin
Jah Movements
On the slavery side, lets just make it simple. Any tribe dropped off in the Americas, I can prove they were also dropped off in the caribbean and vice-versa. This one done deliberately so that slaves wouldn't be able to communicate, strategize, have attachment (even tho at some points we did).

I already did those a couple times with the Hebrew israelites on this board:snoop:

Blessup

Souljah inna Jah Army
Daps
Reppin
Jah Movements
Population
• July 2015 estimate 2,950,210[1] (139th)

:russ: lil nikkas get gone.
You do realize that there are more Jamaicans abroad then the island of Jamaica? Not understanding whats so funny about that population size. Thats even more impressive imo. An island that small produced some of the best athletes, musicians, revolutionary leaders, scholars, models, food, etc.

You do know that Mayweather and Tyson are both Jamaicans right?
Noami Campbell and Tyson beckford both Jamaicans right?

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
@Blessup
stop lying, bytch

Tyson's biological father is listed as "Purcell Tyson" (who was from Jamaica) on his birth certificate,[13][14] but the man Tyson had known as his father was Jimmy Kirkpatrick. Kirkpatrick was from Grier Town, North Carolina (a predominantly black neighborhood that was annexed by the city of Charlotte),[15] where he was one of the neighborhood's top baseball players. Kirkpatrick married and had a son, Tyson's half-brother Jimmie Lee Kirkpatrick, who would help to integrate Charlotte high school football in 1965. In 1959, Jimmy Kirkpatrick left his family and moved to Brooklyn, where he met Tyson's mother, Lorna Mae (Smith) Tyson. Mike Tyson was born in 1966.[16] Kirkpatrick frequented pool halls, gambled and hung out on the streets. "My father was just a regular street guy caught up in the street world," Tyson said. Kirkpatrick abandoned the Tyson family around the time Mike was born, leaving Tyson's mother to care for the children on her own.[17]Kirkpatrick died in 1992.[18]

Retired Account

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
This I feel is false, for the fact being the difference between, whats influenced and whats listened to.

If thats the case DJ's Kool Herc etc would had been spinning dancehall tracks/riddm's and not disco and funk beats in the 70's.

Dancehall is a west indian culture, not American.

Its also another reason why many emcees in the 80's and 90's would INCLUDE a dancehall track on their hip hop album.

To pay homage to the culture AND their heritage.
I don't know what your arguing:yeshrug: i said that NY Hip hop would sound more like the music from other Jamaican heavy places if the main difference was Jamaicans. They are definitely Jamaican influenced artists though:ld:
There's plenty of Jamaicans in the 757... VA
Atlanta says hello :ufdup:
It isnt like the places i listed, where Jamaicans have places where they dominate culturally

5. I'm the only person of Caribb descent responding in this thread. I can't address everyone instantly or all at once.
Im here but i don't like the extreme generalizations and superiority complexes.
I already told breh I was 32. I've lived in NYC...BX...165th and Boston. BK...Prospect and Utica.
That's not where I'm FROM...since I was grown when I moved there.
Oh: People assimilate within a generation. You can eat all the jake food you want, once you've been in the states, you become one of us. Your kids ours, too. nikkas ain't rocking mesh shirts doing the pepper seed, they're wearing snapbacks and speaking AAVE

1st and 2nd generation immigrants are different from AAs

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
I don't know what your arguing:yeshrug: i said that NY Hip hop would sound more like the music from other Jamaican heavy places if the main difference was Jamaicans. They are definitely Jamaican influenced artists though:ld:

It isnt like the places i listed, where Jamaicans have places where they dominate culturally

Im here but i don't like the extreme generalizations and superiority complexes.

1st and 2nd generation immigrants are different from AAs
Nah, not really, especially islanders. AA culture too strong and eating rice/beans is something we do, too.
Public schooling x peers >>> parenting.