Does the large Caribbean presence in NYC's Hip Hop scene explain the disconnect with other regions?

Blessup

Souljah inna Jah Army
Daps
Reppin
Jah Movements
Don't try to go the high road now you're proven wrong. I didn't insult your people, you insulted mine.
We pulled out the facts. Don't backtrack into "we supposed to be brothas" Yes. you're the LITTLE BROTHER.
When did i ever insult AA's? Didn't i state earlier that my mom was BORN IN THE SOUTH BRONX? From the beginning of the thread, I been pointing out that we are the same people and we both created hip hop.

Whogivesafuck

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Hush, my nikka.
Bootsy Collins - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Born October 26, 1951 (age 64)
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States

Ohio Players - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The band formed in Dayton, Ohio in 1959

:what:

Ohio funk is not called P-funk. It's just called Ohio funk. P-funk is short for Plaindfield funk which Parliment was from. All music journalist label groups by there respective regions back then. Ohio funk/ Roger Trountman, Bootsy. Bay funk/ Sly and the family stone. LA funk/ War. New Orelans funk/ The Meters.

Blessup

Souljah inna Jah Army
Daps
Reppin
Jah Movements
"Jamaicans started to move up in society getting jobs..."
We already slaughtered y'all in a thread proving you make less money HERE than us...
Please discontinue the reaches. You're upset.
Ok at this point you just trolling. I wont respond to you anymore in this thread. Just the fact that you keep posting one or two line posts back to back, just goes to show that you responding just to respond without putting any thought or research into your posts.

What is the point of t "proving we make less money here than us." You missed the entire point of my post because you keep trying to make it some type of competition. Thats why you didn't quote my full post.

I clearly stated that most caribb people come here with NOTHING. Of course they start out in the ghetto's and the hoods of America, but once they start getting money they move out. I said those Jamaican's then used to look down on the AA's, that still lived in those areas because they look at it like the AA"s been here all their life. I specifically stated that's c00nery on both sides.

The same circle Jerk from the same AA"'s with an inferiority complex everytime this topic is brought up. I already said what I had to say, and post FACTS proving that the 3 founding fathers were all of Carib descent. I'm done with this thread.

Peace

Whogivesafuck

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Hip Hop was birthed in NY and created by AA/ West Indian/ and Puerto Rican influence. Thats facts, thats how it went down in history, and how it will forever remain in history.

No, HipHop was created and birthed on an Afram cultural/musical foundation with a pred Afram seminal figures

- rapping (afram oral traditions)

- graffiti (pioneered by aframs from philly)

-bboying (afram dance styles from jazz to soul-funk )

hiphop djing (disco culture)

.........and a few seminal Americanized, West Indians. Puerto Ricans had nothing to do with HipHop musically but later on took up bboying after watching as spectators

Blessup

Souljah inna Jah Army
Daps
Reppin
Jah Movements
@Blessup JAH BLESS! UNIFY!!! Jamaica is SOOOO PRO BLACK

Worry about y'all bleaching problems. We don't do that. Now I'm taking the gloves off.
Now he's going to misquote and derail the thread making it another AA VS Caribb willie lynch thread.

My nikka you a 32 your old man BUTT HURT with 12k posts on a message board. Your posts have no substance. You have the emotions of a young FEMALE my nikka. Posting one or two liners back to back like a bird. Chicken with his head cut off. No type of build, just fishing for daps from the same 2 AA's. Just pure emotionsssssss.

Clearly showing you put no thought or research into your posts. You seen me use the word "narrative" earlier, and you been using it ever since. I taught you hip hop history for the day, presenting you with FACTS, and teaching you new vocabulary.

At this point this thread is starting to boring, redundant, and just childish.

I'm out. Peace

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
We the same age. You sound upset. Pulled that lil bullshyt lie out about "we started getting jobs and doing better"...Uhhh no.
You did not. We already trashed the Dominicans, y'all nikkas got bodied AS WELL. Leave this site and go to the dancehall shyt, fam. We ain't ready for this type of dialogue. Displaying pride for something your people didn't create is some cac shyt. Rewriting history is cac shyt. Garvey was right, your island is full of c00ns. That's why you not there, nikka.
The c00nadians, jamaic00ns, and people who cling to some type of island roots need to get a fukking grip. Yes, we all black.
Do we take credit for anything y'all made? YES, we influenced your main form of music. We are your cultural fathers music-wise.
Calypso came from Trinidad....so what did y'all make? Tell me what you made? Stop laying claim or trying to seize parts of our shyt, that's what cacs do.
"Every other song in the 90s was...." breh stfu....it was a TREND. Dancehall was cool for early to mid 90s mixshows. Guess what? shyt ain't so cool now.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Plus this thread is divisive act like the same slave ships didn't stop in South American and the Caribbean. You think it's a coicidence that most Blacks in America and the Caribbean look exactly alike. The Coli's civil wars continue. Divide and rule.

Blessup

Souljah inna Jah Army
Daps
Reppin
Jah Movements
Plus this thread is divisive act like the same slave ships didn't stop in South American and the Caribbean. You think it's a coicidence that most Blacks in America and the Caribbean look exactly alike. The Coli's civil wars continue. Divide and rule.
Been trying to tell them my G.
Some are deliberately misquoting/twisting words and derailing the thread like a female, because they are so upset by that.

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
You know what's funny? If it was the other way around y'all nikkas would be grandstanding. You don't like being on an AA dominated site, go back to y'all shyt.
Same with cacs...Same with mexicans...same with asians....same with canadians.
Everybody has their own version and subculture of hip hop. We've already had this thread, we've already shot down your false historical rewrites...and NO, cacs aren't making us do this.
YOU ARE.
Foreign blacks look down on us and look up to us at the same time. My nikkas, let me let y'all in on a secret: WE DON'T NEED YOU.
I, as a black man, don't give a fukk about any banana boat nikka's validation. Y'all have all black countries and still come to the states (and canada) to live among cac-kind. Then you move in AA neighborhoods. Don't y'all have whole countries? What's wrong with them? Don't y'all have whole forms of music? What's wrong with them?
You come into our spaces, try to change our stories, criticize the way we live, whilst dressing, acting, and speaking like us.
I bet not a one of y'all speak in full patois or an accent. You talk like an American nikka. Embrace your culture but respect ours. You didn't put in on this one. BOTTOM LINE.
We sure did make y'all's shyt happen, though. Proof's in the pudding. It is written, spoken, and VERIFIED.

PS: now go shout out your jim jones.