Does anyone know a comfortably retired black man or women, who wasn’t in the armed forces or worked for the government?

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
Yeah I know some brehs that worked for Microsoft and Apple that hit their FIRE number and retired in their 40's. I know a few who are well over 2m in networth and still working because they like their jobs and don't know what they'd do with their time too.
We’re 24 years into the 2000’s now so I wonder if we’ll see more black men retiring after working in the tech sector soon.

Daps
Great thread OP.

As a private sector, white collar breh now working in tech, I don’t have many examples of those before me retiring from this path (for obvious reasons).

Being able to retire from businesses I own is the dream though.

Never saw or see myself working gov’t jobs.

big bun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I see a lot of people posted about how they know older people who are retired, but it’s usually that they are getting disability pay from the VA, or social security and a government employee pension of some sort.

But what about someone who was in the private sector, or just worked in corporate america for their career, and is comfortably retired?

:jbhmm:

*exit

Let me edit the initial post to be more specific, because everyone is saying retired cops, firefighters, teachers and professors, but apparently people don’t consider public school employees or positions paid for by government tax dollars, to be government-funded positions. :beli:
Yes. What is your reasoning behind asking this question?