Does anyone know a comfortably retired black man or women, who wasn’t in the armed forces or worked for the government?

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not really. It is for metro houston which is not technically government down here. Also my grandfather rip. Retired truck driver
can you explain? how is a retired city worker not the government? a city or a county is still the government, it's just not state or federal. education workers can go either way depending on where they worked.

my grandfather was a truck driver too. i do agree that is not government if you don't work as a truck driver for the government.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
Both my parents , mom was military turned nurse

Pops was military turned truck driver turned contractor

Daps
Most of the ones I can think of were armed forces tbh.

But my step dad was a butcher his entire life and he retired very comfortable. His brother retired about 10 yrs ago after a long career driving Greyhound buses and now he goes on cruises etc. I think my step brother will end up retiring comfortable too the way he successfully flips cars.

RageKage

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Macragge
can you explain? how is a retired city worker not the government? a city or a county is still the government, it's just not state or federal. education workers can go either way depending on where they worked.

my grandfather was a truck driver too. i do agree that is not government if you don't work as a truck driver for the government.
Think OP would have better framed question retiring from a publicly funded career ( all manner of federal, state or local jobs) vs. private business ( IBM, Amazon etc.)