Do you think Square Enix will remake the worst mainline Final Fantasy?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Also 13's story made zero sense at all and was confusing ASF. :scust:
It wasn't confusing it just required the reading of datalogs in the menu. The game doesn't stand alone as a game you can just play and get the full picture.

Game still has one of my favorite scenes from a recent Final Fantasy in it

Also

Last edited:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
It wasn't confusing it just required the reading of datalogs in the menu. The game doesn't stand alone as a game you can just play and get the full picture.

Also

That's called bad game design, just like what Fromsoftware does in some of their games.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Also

If you gotta read datalogs and a whole separate encyclopedia to understand the story and terms they’re using it’s not a good story

That stuff should be optional to provide additional context to the story not required to enjoy the game. Lore hidden in items and menu should be complimentary.

It’s different with fromsoft games because they don’t rely on its narrative to be enjoyed

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
If you gotta read datalogs and a whole separate encyclopedia to understand the story and terms they’re using it’s not a good story

That stuff should be optional to provide additional context to the story not required to enjoy the game. Lore hidden in items and menu should be complimentary.

It’s different with fromsoft games because they don’t rely on its narrative to be enjoyed
It was meant to be more than just that single game. There was plans to have a sub series of games based on Etro and the crystals. Obviously that failed and they just made 3 XIII games.

My first playthrough I read none of that and it was still alright. It's a flawed game but I'm not as negative on it as some. I won't deny it's one of the worst in the series but I see it like I see the album Nastradamus worst of the bunch but still enjoyable to me.