Do you think Square Enix will remake the worst mainline Final Fantasy?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Are people really saying XV was bad? It was solid. The story could have been better, but the antagonist was great. The protagonist was alright. The gameplay was good. The ending was among the best in the series, and the final battle was dope. It was like playing through the last battle of The Matrix Revolutions.

Really, the only flaw I had with it was how rushed the story was. It's a 7/10 game to me. Not the best nor the worst.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Really, the only flaw I had with it was how rushed the story was

This is a huge understatement.

The story and pacing was a complete mess of epic proportions and lets not even talk about chapter 13 :huhldup:

Game is the definition of development hell, the amount of cut content and with how many times the story was redone has to be some kind of record in the industry. It was the most mishmash hogwash thrown together game in the series.

As much as 13 sucked at least it felt like one complete game. They tried for two years to fix 15 and its still a mess. All the DLC and Kingsglaive should have just been part of the main game from the beginning

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This is a huge understatement.

The story and pacing was a complete mess of epic proportions and lets not even talk about chapter 13 :huhldup:

Game is the definition of development hell, the amount of cut content and with how many times the story was redone has to be some kind of record in the industry. It was the most mishmash hogwash thrown together game in the series.

As much as 13 sucked at least it felt like one complete game. They tried for two years to fix 15 and its still a mess. All the DLC and Kingsglaive should have just been part of the main game from the beginning
I don't feel like the rushing of the story in the second half diminished the game that much to make it bad. It was still enjoyable to me.

I'll put it like this. I played straight through XV without stopping. I've stalled on VII Remake for years now since it came out and still haven't finished that.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I don't feel like the rushing of the story in the second half diminished the game that much to make it bad. It was still enjoyable to me.

I'll put it like this. I played straight through XV without stopping. I've stalled on VII Remake for years now since it came out and still haven't finished that.

I’ll give 15 credit for the fact that it is fun enough to play the whole way through and there are really good aspects to it. The post-time skip stuff is actually good, its a solid ending, but thats what makes it more disappointing. Ever since it was still called Versus the hype for it was through the roof, it squandered all the potential it had of being one of the best games in the series because they didnt have a clear vision for it.

A mainline Final Fantasy game being a 7 is a bad game. Especially coming off 13 and its sequels

You can’t have a trailer this good and put out a 7 years later

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Depends.

If you prioritize gameplay mechanics over story then yeah.

With the job system, FF3 made it a hot line. FF5 made it a hot song.

I actually prefer story first which definitely isn't FF5's focus so it's not one of my favorites.
I'll play V with the pixel remaster. I II and V are the only single player ones I never played.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
It wasn't confusing it just required the reading of datalogs in the menu. The game doesn't stand alone as a game you can just play and get the full picture.

Game still has one of my favorite scenes from a recent Final Fantasy in it

Also

Who wants to read mission logs to find out the story when they should have explained clearly what's going on?!?:why: that's horrible writing. I didn't even find the logs I just turned it off and put it back in the box. Waste of my fukking money.:scust:

BulletProof

Just a B@stard Living in a Suit
Daps
Reppin
Neck ties and boxing gloves.
I'll play V with the pixel remaster. I II and V are the only single player ones I never played.

I dont know if you're interested in playing the first two or not. FF1 is definitely of it's time but an enjoyable quick breeze of a game.

It sets up important series fundamentals and traditions of the series.

II is...interesting. I liked it but I am in the mass minority. For longtime FF fans, its disliked more than 8.

I like it from a historical perspective because it was the first to set up an actual narrative. That part of the game would go to influence the importance of a story from IV onward. And I like the story. Leon's a bad motherfukker.

The leveling system is its biggest fault. Interesting on paper but pure tedium in execution. Also, the password system was fukking dumb.

More for nostalgics and completionists.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Outside of FF7.. only other ff's I could see Square remaking or trying to is maybe 6 and 10.