Do you think Square Enix will remake the worst mainline Final Fantasy?

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Outside of FF7.. only other ff's I could see Square remaking or trying to is maybe 6 and 10.

Does 10 really NEED a remake though? They already did the remaster a few years ago.

FF7 was ripe for a remake because of the improvements in technology and fan demand. 10, as dope as it is doesn’t really require a technical overhaul. If anything i’d like to see a direct sequel or compilation package to further explore the world

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Great thread. Hilarious takes and exchanges throughout and brought up plenty of FF nolstagia. I didn't hold 8 as that bad when I played it, but I never wanted to replay either and could see the flaws in it more and more over the years. Still, it's one of the few FF games that I actually beat that I played . Gaming sin of mine is how little FF games I've beaten that I've actually played (just VII, VIII, XIII, XV & VIIR; played 4-15, aside from the online ones). My issue with RPGs in generally really and gaming as a whole to some extents.

Are people really saying XV was bad? It was solid. The story could have been better, but the antagonist was great. The protagonist was alright. The gameplay was good. The ending was among the best in the series, and the final battle was dope. It was like playing through the last battle of The Matrix Revolutions.

Really, the only flaw I had with it was how rushed the story was. It's a 7/10 game to me. Not the best nor the worst.
The royal edition had all the DLC that made the story make more sense and it cut out a lot of the BS in chapter 13.
Yeah, I really liked 15, despite acknowledging just how disappointing it all was. I really liked the music, parts of the story (despite its shortcomings) and liked Noctis. I also appreciate the parallels to 6 that it attempted to do a bit (I know it didn't do it justice, but it was still cool for what was there). The battle system was solid IMO, albeit a lil wonky. I even enjoyed the bro road trip vibe of the game, despite how much of a cardinal sin it was to have a FF game with no females playable, when they had a few that could've suited the roles to boot. And yeah, I think the ending of the game was one of the more impactful ones to me. It was very well acted with the cast as well. I really felt that shyt.

It's an 8/10 for me, but yeah, super wasted potential due to so many things that I suppose it just couldn't be helped. I guess they could've/should've just made Royal Edition the real game and waited 2.5 more years before actually releasing it, but I get why they did it. So weird, the game has so many caveats to its strengths. Could've been the GOAT FF game really. I still need to replay through royal edition, as I never touched any of the DLC. God only knows if I ever will tho, unfortunately.

Last edited: