Do you think Microsoft will eventually drop hardware and go 3rd party?

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
This is why handwaving away low hardware sales is problematic
Agreed, I don't think it's healthy to have another gen of losing 2:1 to Sony. There will be a generation of gamers that doesn't have a connection with the Xbox brand. They've already lost their OG and 360 gamers to Playstation this gen and last gen. They need to find a way to generate hardware sales and get people into ecosystem.

I don't think they can rely on pc gamepass because it would just be a seasonal service where people sub for big games like starfield or they'll say F it and go back to Steam. Also there are other services like humble bundle EA play, ubisoft + and others that they have to compete with on PC. Then mobile is the wold west where they may not have a shot, so console is key for them in gaming because other avenues won't generate as much revenue with store purchases and microtransactions.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
21 mill isn’t “low” unless console wars is your perspective.

Again, revenue is doing great:ehh:

They’re selling less hardware than they were at this point last generation, their marketshare is diminishing especially in their home territory. You can’t say all is going according to plan when Microsoft themselves said they missed projections

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
You went from they won't, because it doesn't make sense financially to they might get a few of Sony is feel generous, to they might get them like a year later if at all.
:mjlol:
Those last 2 points you made are essentially the same thing…

And it’s a valid observation…

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You went from they won't, because it doesn't make sense financially to they might get a few of Sony is feel generous, to they might get them like a year later if at all.

Huh, this never happened

I’ve never said that sony won’t port to pc, i said they wouldn’t do day one, which makes even more sense the time goes on

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
The xbox is going to die
The xbox is going to die
TH XBOX IS GOING TO DIEEEEEEEEE :bryan:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Agreed, I don't think it's healthy to have another gen of losing 2:1 to Sony. There will be a generation of gamers that doesn't have a connection with the Xbox brand. They've already lost their OG and 360 gamers to Playstation this gen and last gen. They need to find a way to generate hardware sales and get people into ecosystem.
Peoples perspectives on this stuff is totally broken due to console wars crap like this thread.

Microsoft has not “lost” much of any customers. OG xbox only sold 24 mill vs. 160 mill on PS2.

X1 60mil vs PS4 116

PS5 selling less than 4 right now. Series about the same as x1 time aligned.

Each generation only supports about 180mil buyers.

Xbox has slowly increased their ratio.

If anything it’s sony who has “lost“ customers to xbox

But context and reality is lost in these conversations :ehh:

I don't think they can rely on pc gamepass because it would just be a seasonal service where people sub for big games like starfield or they'll say F it and go back to Steam. Also there are other services like humble bundle EA play, ubisoft + and others that they have to compete with on PC. Then mobile is the wold west where they may not have a shot, so console is key for them in gaming because other avenues won't generate as much revenue with store purchases and microtransactions.
As i detailed above. The console market has been stagnant for almost 20 years.

The only chance microsoft has at growth is through PC, Mobile, Cloud, Subscriptions

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
They’re selling less hardware than they were at this point last generation, their marketshare is diminishing especially in their home territory. You can’t say all is going according to plan when Microsoft themselves said they missed projections

Sony is selling less ps5s than ps4. I guess they should quit selling consoles huh??? :stopitslime:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Peoples perspectives on this stuff is totally broken due to console wars crap like this thread.

Microsoft has not “lost” much of any customers. OG xbox only sold 24 mill vs. 160 mill on PS2.

X1 60mil vs PS4 116

PS5 selling less than 4 right now. Series about the same as x1 time aligned.

Each generation only supports about 180mil buyers.

Xbox has slowly increased their ratio.

If anything it’s sony who has “lost“ customers to xbox

But context and reality is lost in these conversations :ehh:

As i detailed above. The console market has been stagnant for almost 20 years.

The only chance microsoft has at growth is through PC, Mobile, Cloud, Subscriptions
Notice he left out 360...

TaxCollector13459

2018 Coli Rookie of the Year
Daps

The state of the industry is fukked up
They trying to be too much like them Sony fukk heads instead of just doing a good fukkin job at microsoft.