Do you think Angela Bassett sabatoged her own career?

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
PolishedWeeklyDegus.gif

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
She dont film sex scenes, she wound up broadcasting them for free on fx

that was shocking and a let down, anybody saying otherwise is trolling

"it's a popular show!"
"she a star ah-gin!"
"the ratings on that bih" :bryan:

the same woman who refused to do a sex scene with billy bob thornton in a critically acclaimed film

is now locking lips with, and straddling a white pop singer half her age on a cable television show

if that's not a fall from grace i don't know what is.

but apparently i'm the bad guy for pointing this out though

QyZso.gif

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Because the interview you posted is from '08 and the interview I'm referencing is from last year

Nerdist Podcast: Angela Bassett | Nerdist

this is you moving the goal post though.

this is a discussion about whether or not angela bassett's pickiness hurt her career

I provided evidence from her own mouth that suggests that she did (an interview i hadn't seen prior to making this thread. i thought this was common knowledge)

now you're showing me a link that doesn't negate this, but shifts the discussion into what YOU want to talk about

i don't play those games sir :coffee:

But show me where shes fizzling.

Show me where shes burned bridges.

Its like im arguing with your imagination

The imdb isnt backing up what youre saying.

Im sorry but you Lauced

1) I never said her career was fizzling. this is the emotional response you had to reading what I typed put to words...never once did I say her career was fading out, near over, or anything like that

i simply pointed out that she is not doing the same caliber of work she was during her "selective" phase. pay attention.

2) I used the word BELIEVE repeatedly when i said that...let's look that word up shall we?

Definition of believe

1. transitive verb
  2. 1a : to consider to be true or honest believe the reports you wouldn't believe how long it tookb : to accept the word or evidence of I believe you couldn't believe my ears
  3. 2 : to hold as an opinion : suppose I believe it will rain soon
WOW...to hold as an opinion.....imagine that. OH AND LOOK, we're in a thread where i repeatedly stated this is an opinion, I even finished with "OR AM I TRIPPING".

i'm open to people disagreeing, but just don't do so with emotions - do so with facts.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

this is a discussion about whether or not angela bassett's pickiness hurt her career

I provided evidence from her own mouth that suggests that she did (an interview i hadn't seen prior to making this thread. i thought this was common knowledge)

now you're showing me a link that doesn't negate this, but shifts the discussion into what YOU want to talk about

1) I never said her career was fizzling. this is the emotional response you had to reading what I typed put to words...never once did I say her career was fading out, near over, or anything like that

i simply pointed out that she is not doing the same caliber of work she was during her "selective" phase. pay attention.

2) I used the word BELIEVE repeatedly when i said that...let's look that word up shall we?

Definition of believe

1. transitive verb
  2. 1a : to consider to be true or honest believe the reports you wouldn't believe how long it tookb : to accept the word or evidence of I believe you couldn't believe my ears
WOW...to hold as an opinion.....imagine that. OH AND LOOK, we're in a thread where i repeatedly stated this is an opinion, I even finished with "OR AM I TRIPPING".

i'm open to people disagreeing, but just don't do so with emotions - do so with facts.

That's not...forget it lol you got it breh. You asked the question, cats disagreed with you. If you're saying we're wrong, you got it man.

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
I dunno about the rest of y'all but I would make love to Angela Bassett :dayumxdayummayne:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps

Definition of believe

1. transitive verb

Just-stop-GIF.gif

:laff:

You asked US if we believe what you believe,

that Angela Basset has sabotaged her career and Viola has taken her "spot"

We said no and pointed out that her career is on track and she gets consistent work, with a major blockbuster coming up this this year.

Now, you reclarify and state her career is sabotaged because the caliber of her gigs are not comparing to Divine, due to the fact that she doesnt want to play crackheads.

Talk about moving goalposts.

The thread is now about why Angela Basset is not in Oscar caliber roles and Divine is.......

We're driling down further then i want to go with this. Im happy the sista is getting consistent work. You want her to have Oscar caliber roles that play into the script Hollywood has for black actresses.

Maybe she just wants to enjoy her work and not seek that level of recognition for those types of roles.

Maybe, after becoming a multimillionaire she just wants to have a consistent paycheck coming in and not focus on recognition from the Hollywood establishment.

Do i think her career is sabotaged because shes not up for an Oscar, no.

Is Samuel L Jacksons career sabotaged because he stars in B movies you never heard of, regularly.

No

I just dont GET you.

Last edited:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Maybe she just wants to enjoy her work and not seek that level of recognition for those types of roles.

Maybe, after becoming a multimillionaire she just wants to have a consistent paycheck coming in and not focus on recognition from the Hollywood establishment.

after we sift through your emotions, we finally get an answer to my initial post :francis:

believe it or not, I didn't create this to make people "feel" anything...i just noticed that Angela Bassett has been missing from these oscar/emmy shows lately when i know TALENT wise, she is arguably one of the best out here

I didn't do that with anything malicious or negative in mind, It literally was just an observation.

Ask Coli a question, then argue down everybody who doesn't agree, brehs.

ma'am. somebody in this thread answered my question with "she's been working consistently for 2 decades!"

to that i responded so has cuba gooding....that was an irrelevant point to my question.

if this is the level of "discussion" that's to be expected in the film room then maybe i need to stay in JBO and TLR :hubie:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
after we sift through your emotions, we finally get an answer to my initial post :francis:

believe it or not, I didn't create this to make people "feel" anything...i just noticed that Angela Bassett has been missing from these oscar/emmy shows lately when i know TALENT wise, she is arguably one of the best out here

I didn't do that with anything malicious or negative in mind, It literally was just an observation.

ma'am. somebody in this thread answered my question with "she's been working consistently for 2 decades!"

to that i responded so has cuba gooding....that was an irrelevant point to my question.

if this is the level of "discussion" that's to be expected in the film room then maybe i need to stay in JBO and TLR :hubie:
Thats your fault for not being clear and using sensational language designed ti create an emotional response. Sorry im not a fukkin robot

:ld:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Thats your fault for not being clear and using sensational language designed ti create an emotional response. Sorry im not a fukkin robot

:ld:

:patrice: where's the sensational language in my initial post? this is literally a prototypical textbook movie forum post across the entire internet.

i even closed it with "or am i tripping"

you're initial comment was to say the thread was "trash" fam

that's sensational language.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Angela has had a fine career, but with some actresses/actors, they surgically
revise their face to the point where it may limit the roles they can get.

4da921662c1d9670a540f9293d35b603.jpg

she looks great to me, i can't even see where she's had any work done

gotta remember she's almost 60 man