Do You Know Trustworthy Males That Live With Their Parents Past Their Late 20's

M617

retired
Supporter
Daps
Because at some point friend, someone in the family had to break away and make their own moves as did many others. Are you stacking chips to live with your parents forever or are you stacking chips to just contribute and live with your parents forever? I dont know.

i dont live with my parents. im 27 and live in a 2b apartment with a roommate. its a chill spot. my rules, its a pimped out place. its cool lots of freedom and im comfortable

of course im not saving as much as i did when i was home a few years ago but that doesnt matter to me im a big boy now with piece of mind.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
Is privacy overrated in your opinion? If you've ever lived with your parents at an older age you know that they tend to be nosy and in your business still in a way, parenting you.

This also varies from household to household.

Some parent's hit you with that " If you live in my house, you're gonna follow my rules...and you're effectively still a child" type shyt.

Others acknowledge that you're an adult, and there is a mutual understanding that you're gonna pull your own weight.

most times it's the former, than the latter.

What good is privacy is you still gotta hit your parents up so you can have food, or make sure you can pay such and such bill? you may as well still be living at home for all that.

MBwithadream

All Star
Bushed
Daps
The whole "you still live with your parents :usure: at WHAT age" shyt is a tricky subject.

cause each scenario is different.

- 28 year old dude who's never accomplished shyt in life

- 28 year old dude helping out his mother,cause she's not in the best of health

- 28 year old dude who'd rather just split the bills cause it makes the most sense..and his income allows for his parents to live easier

- 28 year old dude who fell on hard times, and needed a place to get back on his feet/situated

they're all 28, and live at home with their parents... but vastly different.

Folks are out there living by themselves, but still gotta hit up their parents for food, money, and help constantly isn't much better than living at home with your parents.

I take care of my grandma & nieces, so does that make me lame?

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
The economy was a game a changer, a lot more adults are living at home in their late 20s.....When I graduated college in 08 shyt was rough man.

ThumpDaddy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, AL
I know 3 people that are living with their parents and they are in their 30's. Out of those 3, one is very, very trustworthy. He just don't know what he wants to do with his life :facepalm:

The other 2 are females and one just got divorced and she has 2 kids and trying to get back on her feet. She's cool but just going thru a transition

The other chick got 5 kids and is well, just :what:

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
How the fukk can you still live with your parents that late in life unless you're taking care of them?

Life aint that clear cut, and it's not a perfect world... people lose their jobs, get divorced, fall on hard times, just graduated/moved and need to find a job.... and living with their parent's might be the only feasible option for them at the moment.

if you're a single parent.... living at home might be better for you

I take care of my grandma & nieces, so does that make me lame?

To the average female, yes.... cause in their mind... you live at your grandmas house...with your nieces. doesn't matter if you pay the rent, pay the bills or if you're the legal guardian of your nieces.... you living with ya grandma.

resurrection

By Way of Deception, Thou Shalt Do War
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I get the overall point, but I can't see how there can just be a hard age cut off.. Everybody's situation is different

msims

Bmore nicca
Daps
But friend heres something you may have overlooked. From culture to culture different actions mean different things. In America, holding hands with a man means something different than it does in other parts of the world.

For individuals who are raw American cultured do you think it means anything if they live at home with their parents or do you feel that what applies to your asian and indian friends means the same thing it does for Americans, friend? :sitdown:

Your problem is, you care what people think too much. DO YOU and Advance, Friend.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was debating moving back home for a bit and I'm 30 and single.

I don't have to but I get along with my parents great and would save MAD cheese. The only reason not to would be because it looks bad socially.

I've been working almost everyday since 23 pay my own bills and all, but it would be the smart thing to move in for maybe a year a two knock out all debt go back to school and be golden.

Or I could do what I'm doing be slightly positive and stay in some kind of debt till I finish paying this ride off..

If I wasn't single I wouldn't even consider moving back in. But this is probably the best time for me to make the change.

Of course nikka's and chicks are gonna want to hate on the low.

Like " girlllllllll:usure: "

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was debating moving back home for a bit and I'm 30 and single.

I don't have to but I get along with my parents great and would save MAD cheese. The only reason not to would be because it looks bad socially.

I've been working almost everyday since 23 pay my own bills and all, but it would be the smart thing to move in for maybe a year a two knock out all debt go back to school and be golden.

Or I could do what I'm doing be slightly positive and stay in some kind of debt till I finish paying this ride off..

If I wasn't single I wouldn't even consider moving back in. But this is probably the best time for me to make the change.

Of course nikka's and chicks are gonna want to hate on the low.

Like " girlllllllll:usure: "

Do it, in 18 months you'll be golden.

I had to do it at about 29, I studied solid for 3 years, just got a great job, paid off all debts and bought my own apartment, I know I wouldn't have done it if I never moved bsck to my mums.

Kinda saved my life :obama:

Edit: and if anyone asks and you feel weird, just say you're looking after you mum for a while.

If people are hating behind your back, fukk them sorta people anyway.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
im 27 and i live at home in a 7bdrm 4,000 sq foot house.

Thanks mom and dad I love you.

Yes I contribute to the mortgage and pay random house bills.

But to be cool i could easily go and pay 1,200 a month to live a 600sq foot condo to say i have my own place :swag:

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only western (read: white) countries try to get away from their parents so eagerly.

I didn't have a good home life (and I still don't, really) so I'm trying to distance myself from it, but that's a totally different story. Both sides of my family all still live with each other (the Jamaican and St. Lucian side) and I know many of my African friends have relatives living in their houses with them into adulthood.

White people tend to hate their parents more frequently than any other race (my opinion), so even if their home lives were flawless they want to move away so they can "impress" their peers.

Don't trust anyone who hates their parents.

some of what you saying is true but it doesn't have anything to do with race or western countries but with economics. in a lot of european countries, ex Italy, it's very common for kids to live with their parents into their 30's cause housing is so expensive and employment prospects for young people are dim. in america, england, germany, etc on the other hand housing is cheap and it's easier for young people to find work so they move out much sooner.