Do you feel like there is more hype for the ps5 or series x?

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
so you think they overpaid?

I think the acquisition was much better than buying the WB video game studios AT&T was selling because they got the studios and more imporantantly the IPs.
If that 7.5 bill number is true, the ROI is interesting...The extra 5 million Gamepass subs they got after the announcement brings in an additional 600 mill annualy. Make it 10 million to get to 20 million subs and that's an extra 1.2 billi in revenue. And that's just revenue. You still need to "subtract" the costs of employee, game development, etc with the new studios.

If they are truly going after being the Game streaming kings, they are going to have to do business with their competitors Nintendo and Sony. I think that is their long game and is the only thing that makes sense considering the price they paid.
Just ask Disney. They still haven’t recouped what they paid for Star Wars, and that was only 4 billion.

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
PS5 easily. They put out more preorders and sold out quicker and the streets still hungry.

The only reason XSX even gets a mention is because MS put out their street team to flood message boards and the American "you can't tell the difference between 720P and 1080P" media always tries to hype the new Xbox.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
that's why Gamepass will eventually be on Playstation esp if MS endgame is being a Netflix type subscription service. They've already recouped on buying Mojang (Minecraft) for 2 billi. They gonna wanna recoup sooner rather than later...

:patrice: Like someone said, if things get bad for Sony they sitting on a nuke in their back pocket
Announce Sony exclusives Day 1 on PSNow. Gamepass who?
MS been screaming GP for years now and it hasn't moved the needle :manny:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Just ask Disney. They still haven’t recouped what they paid for Star Wars, and that was only 4 billion.

Nah, they have
and remember they gave Lucas 2 bill in stock and only 2 billion was cash
Disney bought Lucasfilm six years ago today and has already recouped its $4 billion investment

Marvel and Pixar have been grand slams.

They paid 4 mill for Marvel who's movies alone haave done 17 million. They get roughly half of that. Take a 3rd of that out for costs and it's still in the black. And that's the movie revenue, not the licensing, merchandise, tv shows, comics and other shyt. That move paid off well.

Same for Pixar.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
:patrice: Like someone said, if things get bad for Sony they sitting on a nuke in their back pocket
Announce Sony exclusives Day 1 on PSNow. Gamepass who?
MS been screaming GP for years now and it hasn't moved the needle :manny:

It's a nice to have feature that has long term ramifications if it works out. Majority of their customers have Live Gold, not Gamepass. You have 20-25% of those customers tops on GP.

But what's stopping both Sony and Nintendo from doing the same. Their franchises would do even better with the same program and both are a WORLDWIDE presence.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Nah, they have
and remember they gave Lucas 2 bill in stock and only 2 billion was cash
Disney bought Lucasfilm six years ago today and has already recouped its $4 billion investment

Marvel and Pixar have been grand slams.

They paid 4 mill for Marvel who's movies alone haave done 17 million. They get roughly half of that. Take a 3rd of that out for costs and it's still in the black. And that's the movie revenue, not the licensing, merchandise, tv shows, comics and other shyt. That move paid off well.

Same for Pixar.
I read somewhere that they lost a lot of money ordering a bunch of Rey, Kylo, and other toys that no one gave a fukk about, and also on constructing and operating a new theme park, I think it’s called Galaxy’s Edge. So while they made a lot of money on the films, they lost a lot on other stuff too. But if they only gave Lucas 2 billion in cash then that’s not too bad.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
It's a nice to have feature that has long term ramifications if it works out. Majority of their customers have Live Gold, not Gamepass. You have 20-25% of those customers tops on GP.

But what's stopping both Sony and Nintendo from doing the same. Their franchises would do even better with the same program and both are a WORLDWIDE presence.

Maximization of revenue. At least in the current state of the industry. Developments costs aren't going down.
MS is looking at Netflix like :shaq: but square pegs and round holes and so forth.
Streaming very well might be the future of the industry,
and it doesn't hurt that Sony have an option ready to go if necessary

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
so you think they overpaid?

I think the acquisition was much better than buying the WB video game studios AT&T was selling because they got the studios and more imporantantly the IPs.
If that 7.5 bill number is true, the ROI is interesting...The extra 5 million Gamepass subs they got after the announcement brings in an additional 600 mill annualy. Make it 10 million to get to 20 million subs and that's an extra 1.2 billi in revenue. And that's just revenue. You still need to "subtract" the costs of employee, game development, etc with the new studios.

If they are truly going after being the Game streaming kings, they are going to have to do business with their competitors Nintendo and Sony. I think that is their long game and is the only thing that makes sense considering the price they paid.

I do believe that Nintendo will have some form of Gamepass on their console. They have the full Xbox Live experience through Minecraft. Probably the games that Nintendo themselves couldn't procure through 3rd party means like MS first party games and others like Madden, 2K, etc. Sony is the wildcard but that likely won't happen until the next generation. To play ball with Microsoft is going to be more or less through Gamepass

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Maximization of revenue. At least in the current state of the industry. Developments costs aren't going down.
MS is looking at Netflix like :shaq: but square pegs and round holes and so forth.
Streaming very well might be the future of the industry,
and it doesn't hurt that Sony have an option ready to go if necessary

Sad shyt is PS Now been available before Gamepass. They bullshytting with it because the subs they have are enough to pay for an recoup the costs of Gaikai. If they put more into it, they can easily go from the 2.2 mill to 5 mill subscribers making PS3 games stream or playable after download with software emulation. PS4 games are already BC but putting all of them on there, first party of course, is bank.

What do 3rd party devs and publishers do though with their older titles? They not putting their shyt on there Day 1, I still don't think MS should either, but no way that's happening.

A PS Plus Now all in one sub is staring them in the face. MS wants 180 a year. Make it a cool hunnid for Plus and live combined to save 20 bucks annually. shyt writes itself :why:

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I read somewhere that they lost a lot of money ordering a bunch of Rey, Kylo, and other toys that no one gave a fukk about, and also on constructing and operating a new theme park, I think it’s called Galaxy’s Edge. So while they made a lot of money on the films, they lost a lot on other stuff too. But if they only gave Lucas 2 billion in cash then that’s not too bad.

they pulling in crazy bread off merchandising, licensing, and shyt as well. Recouping the costs paid is one thing, making a PROFIT on it so far is another story.

Last edited:

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
Where’d you get this nonsense from? :mjlol:

Sony stans :mjlol:

Through post by people who work at gamestop and retail from around the world and that fact that on every Amazon site in the world PS5 is ahead of XSX.

You know what I'll let the numbers talk in January when Sony is talking about 5 plus million sold and and MS is still talking about how rounds were shot in Halo 3 using XSX backward compatibility:russell:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
At this point wouldn’t it just come down to how many consoles were shipped by each company?

I don’t think there are gonna be Xbox’s or playstations on the shelves come January which means they are both selling out at the same rate

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Through post by people who work at gamestop and retail from around the world and that fact that on every Amazon site in the world PS5 is ahead of XSX.

You know what I'll let the numbers talk in January when Sony is talking about 5 plus million sold and and MS is still talking about how rounds were shot in Halo 3 using XSX backward compatibility:russell:
So pulled out of your ass.

OK great:ehh:

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
At this point wouldn’t it just come down to how many consoles were shipped by each company?

I don’t think there are gonna be Xbox’s or playstations on the shelves come January which means they are both selling out at the same rate[/QUOTE
So pulled out of your ass.

OK great:ehh:

Deep down you know I'm right, but you will hide behind the fact that MS never releases numbers. Just like their tweet of record breaking demand with no context even though XSS is still not sold out and you can still order XSX in countries across Europe.

Like I said see you at the Q3 fiscal report in January. Won't even have to wait that long. PS5 will be the biggest console launch ever and we will get headlines about it in early December.