Do you feel like there is more hype for the ps5 or series x?

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps

nA40RSd.gif

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
nikkas gon be mad that 7.5 bil don't pay off :pachaha:

that's why Gamepass will eventually be on Playstation esp if MS endgame is being a Netflix type subscription service. They've already recouped on buying Mojang (Minecraft) for 2 billi. They gonna wanna recoup sooner rather than later...

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that's why Gamepass will eventually be on Playstation esp if MS endgame is being a Netflix type subscription service. They've already recouped on buying Mojang (Minecraft) for 2 billi. They gonna wanna recoup sooner rather than later...

Sony ain’t letting that happen yet.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everyone has a price......

not like Minecraft still isn't still on the PS4
or MLB21 is coming to Xbox next year

shyt happens

Games is one thing but a whole Microsoft service pretty much makes PSNOW irrelevant. Microsoft will just realease Bethesda games individually like they did with cuphead.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
PS5 easily. Social media, youtube videos and the sales numbers will back that. There’s memes of dudes begging their girl to buy ps5 for them :mjlol:

the big purchase by MS is cool but the people driving up console sales probably don’t even know the name.

Yeah, i mentioned it to two of my boys, who are semi-casuals, one buys the big AAA hype titles and fifa/2k, the other is call of duty with some other stuff like crash sprinkled in here and there and they had no clue what a Bethesda is. They really didn’t play any of the games on the list.

I think the acquisition will appeal more to hardcore gamers. People that play super long western rpgs (me) or love run and gun shooters.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I've been working from home since March, I have no real feel as far as what's hot in the streets. I'm detached from the vibe of sorts. Online people are enthusiasts and don't reflect the majority. The biggest thing in this whole lead up has undoubtedly been the Zenimax acquisition though.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yeah, i mentioned it to two of my boys, are are semi-casuals, one buys the big AAA hype titles and fifa/2k, the other is call of duty with some other stuff like crash sprinkled in here and there and they had no clue what a Bethesda is. They really didn’t play any of the games on the list.

I think the acquisition will appeal more to hardcore games. People that play super long western rpgs (me) or love run and gun shooters.

so you think they overpaid?

I think the acquisition was much better than buying the WB video game studios AT&T was selling because they got the studios and more imporantantly the IPs.
If that 7.5 bill number is true, the ROI is interesting...The extra 5 million Gamepass subs they got after the announcement brings in an additional 600 mill annualy. Make it 10 million to get to 20 million subs and that's an extra 1.2 billi in revenue. And that's just revenue. You still need to "subtract" the costs of employee, game development, etc with the new studios.

If they are truly going after being the Game streaming kings, they are going to have to do business with their competitors Nintendo and Sony. I think that is their long game and is the only thing that makes sense considering the price they paid.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I've been working from home since March, I have no real feel as far as what's hot in the streets. I'm detached from the vibe of sorts. Online people are enthusiasts and don't reflect the majority. The biggest thing in this whole lead up has undoubtedly been the Zenimax acquisition though.

agreed, and it's definitely more for the hardcore/online crowd and not the vast majority (social media is not the real world).

If this was Call of Duty/GTA etc, it's a whole nother ballgame.