Do you consider Africans from Africa, South America & the Caribbean.....as "Blacks"?

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
he's right though, what's so hard to admit :wtf:

the african american experience is singular to that of descendants of african slaves in america. it's not negative, so why is everyone pissed off? first gens come from a different culture,family structure, language,mentality,goals, etc.

it's not even an insult, africans are outpacing whites and asians in terms of success in america. but make no mistake about it, we are not the same.

i think its right from a certain point of view, but the reason why i and other people say its stupid its that it doesnt show any type of real economic or political strategy behind it

if threadstarter doesnt want to sound stupid, he should explain how separating from africans or caribean people will increase black economic and political power and then also write an essay delving deeply into how rihanna, nikki minaj, Farrakhan and barack obama are not really black

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i think its right from a certain point of view, but the reason why i and other people say its stupid its that it doesnt show any type of real economic or political strategy behind it

if threadstarter doesnt want to sound stupid, he should explain how separating from africans or caribean people will increase black economic and political power and then also write an essay delving deeply into how rihanna, nikki minaj, Farrakhan and barack obama are not really black
you can add Bob Marley, Nelson Mandela, Patrice Lumumba...

EDIT: had he just said that the african-american experience is different from other black people around the world, i wouldn't have said anything (i would have cosigned that). black american culture is distinct, just like haitian culture is distinct from nigerian culture or jamaican culture, just like trinidad is distinct from all of the above and so on. that's cool and not to sound corny, that's actually kinda dope because we all have our individuality but we're all in this together (at least in theory). so i got no problem with that. it's just that dude wanted to claim exclusivity on "black" because AAs have their own culture and because he's somehow believes that AAs either came up with the concept of calling themselves black or because he feels like AAs popularized it.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps

Pretty much. Not to mention Kool Herc, Krs-1, and Biggie Smalls... (since nikkas love rap music so much)

The fact that immigrants and American born people have different cultures is really not a huge revelation. Threadstarter has no point.

BOBN

Pro
Daps
I dont consider them one of us. We dont share anything in common. Language. Culture. Food. Music. Mentality, etc. Being "Black in America" doesn't just signify anything racial. It's a shared experience. Blacks were cut off from our history, we didn't have a country to call our own like immigrants from other countries did, so we formed our own here. In result, being "Black in America" is almost, by proxy a nationality.
This mong said language, so you claiming english? :dead: And whats your name? No doubt something nice and english. Food? KFC... DNA? Extremely watered down with CAC.

bottomline is AAs are the whitest black brehs in the world. i'll tell you if youre allowed to call yourself black or not and not the other way round :usure:

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
As always, good post.

How is using the world Black to define AAs dumb when it was popularized here by AAs in the first place, who either forgot their ancestry or were scared of being tethered to Africa during the slavery period :childplease: AA's called themselves black. Afrikans wasn't going around calling themselves black centuries ago. Europeans may have called them that but, Afrikans have always identified by their local tribes. Always. Yall nikkas mad for no reason. As far as the other nikkas in this thread :stopitslime:

Black is the entire diaspora of folk who have black blood in them

You can choose to segment yourself. but you cannot separate the two.

Also a team divided itself cannot stand, there are man communities in Africa, and part of the segmentation was what made the place conquerable in the past.

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
collectively blacks gotta band together and reprogram itself as a unit/diaspora and in western world...

because even without the banding you get judged, the same, negative manners by white boys and girls...until your prove yourself to be a man or woman apart of their false stereotype...you might get judged different...

even then, how you publicly choose to label yourself and act, is then the consquence of anyone who share that great color.

think about it...why is it? who gave them that "value" and why do you continue to be subjected to such mistreatment.

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
Do yall consider African immigrants from those areas.......Black, as we define it in America? We share the same skin color but, we couldn't be any more different :ld:

:snoop:

I know what you're trying to say, but you worded things in an ignorant manner.

As others have said, the term "Black" isn't exclusive to African Americans. Black is black, regardless of where you're from, end of story.

Obviously African Americans are going to be different than blacks coming directly from other countries because of the cultural differences. That doesn't mean that you aren't one of them, and vice-versa. Instead of having this divisive mentality, you should just embrace ALL black people.

If I went to Nigeria tomorrow acting like I was Afrikan, cats over there would :beli: and quickly correct me but, I'm in the wrong for saying those dudes are not Black, atleast not in the way we define the term over here? [/IMG]

If you went there nobody would claim that you aren't African. They would just know you aren't from there. Doesn't mean they would embrace you any less. I don't understand what you're trying to say here.

YBE

Banned
Daps
nikkas can type whatever dissertations they want, I live in the real world & I've been around Afrikans & Caribbean folk. They don't think of AA's as apart of their group. Point blank. They dont. Same nikkas arguing til they blue in the face be in JBO asking if Eritreans girls date black dudes :rudy: Im not gonna apologize for feeling the same way towards them.

fukk who got a problem with it :yeshrug:

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
africans are more black than african americans. stupid question is stupid

Topps

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
africans are more black than african americans. stupid question is stupid

:stop:

Francois-Pienaar-530308-1-402.jpg

Topps

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pretty much. Not to mention Kool Herc, Krs-1, and Biggie Smalls... (since nikkas love rap music so much)

The fact that immigrants and American born people have different cultures is really not a huge revelation. Threadstarter has no point.

nikkas also love Blue, Jazz, Rock, Soul, Funk, Disco, R & B, etc that rap copied off of.

American American creative music history>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Topps

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
clearly black africans... christ

You know that European countries was raping African women in Africa just like they was raping African slaves in America right.

nikkas act like lightskin Africans don't exist.

These Africans have some white blood in them too.

9848673-large.jpg

photo03.jpg