Do you consider Africans from Africa, South America & the Caribbean.....as "Blacks"?

YBE

Banned
Daps
:usure:

This was common amongst the tribes of Africa. There would be war, and the victor would return with slaves and loot. But African slavery was much different from chattel slavery or the brand of slavery practiced in the Muslim world. When Europeans started trading with Africans, those slaves began to be sold much in the same way slaves were sold in other parts of the world in that time period. The allure of European goods was hard to ignore, but underneath the friendliness was cruel intentions. But not every tribe was keen to do business with the white man, and those tribes were usually eliminated and enslaved first.

What's neglected or forgotten is that once the demand for African slave labor reached a fevered pitch it was no longer a matter of going to the Chief/King and trading guns/liquor for slaves, now it was provoke wars between tribes and even between tribes and other Europeans who already had designs towards colonization. In the end, those African tribes you speak of that sold slaves ended up suffering the same fate more often that not. The drunk chief/king became a slave, the merchant became a slave, the shaman became a slave, the slave stayed a slave, everybody lost.

Europeans love to paint Africa as one big country. Its a huge fukking continent with 40 odd nations, that all have hundreds of different local tribes. Throwing all those people together is a smart way to divert attention away from what whites did to us for half a thousand years......on some "your own people gave you away" type shyt :heh: :upsetfavre: :umad: They wasn't our people. One tribe enslaving another was no different than Romans enslaving Greeks. There wasn't any African identity. If you wasn't from the same tribe, you were an outsider. I used to have a major problem with it until I really reflected on it. Had the tribes we descended from had the upper hand, we would've done the same to them. It is what it is :manny:

Respect. Breh, I'll be honest it's just as bad, if not worse, on the African end at times. (At least with Ethiopians, fools make me sick sometimes) To live in the middle of it is bullshyt cuz you can't relate with some family members and on the other end nikkaz say you ain't black even tho you fit the description, but we're the next generation after the older gen gets more :flabbynsick: so imo it behooves both sides to come together. I was raised around nikkaz so I grew up around the AA experience(got AAs in my fam too) but it was a diverse group, Eritrean, Haitian, Ethiopian, AA, and yeah this shyt would come up and you'd hear the "Eri's/Ethi's ain't black" bullshyt but ultimately the cops treated us the same, cacs treated us the same, so in the end we was all black to them. This caste was made by cacs to begin with, so it goes as they go.

To me, yall are American Africans. Yall have been a part of the American Experience and built the country and have generations of roots here. But beyond America, yall roots lie in the motherland. Yall look like us, got soul like us, yall the American version of an African. :ehh:

Yea bruh. I feel you. My eyes were opened coming to DC. It's way more diverse than anything back home. Being a PG dude, I'm sure you know that growing up here. There's Jamaicans, East Africans, Trinidadians, Nigerians & Haitians all over the city. Most of Philly is AA. Most of Delaware is AA. I was a little caught off guard :merchant:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
and their descendants still trying to kill eachother today :wow:

but yeah you right, even now tho its sad that so many african countries still practice tribalism underneath their "normal" governments

all i know is "crab nikka" mentality might be the only thing we share with them :damn:

But Africa went through a lot of shyt themselves. Ethiopia and Liberia were the only independent nations on the continent for the longest time and Ethiopia was under the scope in all direction given the position to the Red Sea and the Nile water. So a lot of the problems in Africa back then til today more than likely had/has a cac behind it, so the crab nikka mentality isn't the only thing we got in common.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
One tribe enslaving another was no different than Romans enslaving Greeks. There wasn't any African identity. If you wasn't from the same tribe, you were an outsider.

:ohlawd:

my roomate actually spoke on this with me talkin about how despite how small a country ghana was the different tribes damn near had different language and everything

had to marry within tribe :snoop: i didnt get this vibe of "animosity" on some tutsi shyt but they are divided even within the countries

my dude got a death threat from another african cause he was messin with a girl who wasnt in his tribe....IN AUBURN :deadrose:

But Africa went through a lot of shyt themselves. Ethiopia and Liberia were the only independent nations on the continent for the longest time and Ethiopia was under the scope in all direction given the position to the Red Sea and the Nile water. So a lot of the problems in Africa back then til today more than likely had/has a cac behind it, so the crab nikka mentality isn't the only thing we got in common.

:manny: like i said, i dont hate them

but they aint my people either

• Dap
Reactions: YBE

T'Kuvma Da Unforgettable

My Wallabies attract bowlegged b1tches
Daps
i already posted my names

i dont look down on em, i still keep in touch with kofi in west virginia getting his doctorate :obama: and my other roomate still in town and we chat regularly :myman:

it sound like you have more of a problem than i do

but how is it i have never heard of you on sohh nor does anyone else :what:

I cant keep up with edited posts breh
:comeon:

anybody who was somebody on sohh has heard of HughHeffner

YBE

Banned
Daps
I don't hate Africans :usure: but I don't identify with them the same way I dont with Asians or Indians

When I went to the "African" tailgate here at auburn I was the only African American there :usure: it wasn't a coincidence had I not been roomates I wouldn't have been invited

You're living In a fictitious world just like your try hard militant nonsense that you clearly don't practice in real life

Sohh names: mrmoneyshot Desmo irocklambodoors ultraswagnus black apollo :ahh:

lol. i remember my roomie invited me to his bday party at some spot out U St. the minute i got in the club, I realized me & my homie were the only brothas in there. straight rasta :laugh:

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
I cant keep up with edited posts breh
:comeon:

anybody who was somebody on sohh has heard of HughHeffner

2u4lnol.jpg

ggQLy.gif

ill give you a chance to redeem yourself, post ONE platinum thread you created on sohh

YBE

Banned
Daps
@YBE, you talkin bout Patty Boom Boom or that new wack club they replaced Kaffa house wit across from Dukem?

Only went there once. Forgot the name. Its on the 13th block, one of the ones with all the stairs.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Only went there once. Forgot the name. Its on the 13th block, one of the ones with all the stairs.

If it had a lion on it then that's Patty Boom Boom. I actually never been, I've heard good things tho. Might have to see how them joints winin' in there. :scheme:

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
again to the OP:

i understand what you were trying to say as far as different groups of blacks from different part of the world having different cultures and being somewhat distinct groups. it's the same thing with all the different countries of africa which have their own culture, same thing with every single island and country in the west indies and so on. that i think we all agree with you.

i just don't understand why you insist on saying only AAs are really "black" as if AAs own the term "black". at first you said it was because you guys popularized it and something about not having your original culture and language. now you're saying it's all in retaliation to africans and west indies dissing you. if this is true, why answer to ignorance with ignorance? the people who dissed you or dissed AAs probably also did it as retaliation because some AAs also diss africans, haitians etc, on a regular basis. let's keep it real. so why not break the cycle instead?

like i said the haitian constitution refers to it's people as black and that's from 1805. we were probably calling ourselves black even before that. i really don't see how AAs are the only "real" blacks. let's just stop the nonsense on all sides. we're all black from different cultures. we all have a right to claim black.

let's all unite and if someone disses you, just check them and school them on how we should unite. when they see you're actually in a different zone mentally and that you're about unity, they'll feel shame because they dissed one of their own and they'll get in that mental zone too. if you ask me that's way better than just throwing ignorance back at them...

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
A brother who looks down on Africans..but had 2 Ghanian roomates for 3 years??

:whoo:

3 fukkING YEARS????

:russ:

:pachaha:

and oh..i mentioned 'Soul Food' to let you dumb nikkas know there's no such thing as African American 'cuisine' ..we either eat some shyt from Africa or Europe

and lol@Africans stewing everything..how many African restaurants/food spots u been in playa?

:rudy:

lying ass cac

The fukk is wrong with this dude? first we got no culture, now we got no food:mindblown:

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
all black.

sure groups might be unique - at the end of the day they are all black.

which is a testament to how unique black folks...and how whites are small minded.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
my pics are easily found in my gym forum :myman: ive been posting on sohh/coli since 2005

i could give a fukk if youre black, ur a god damned idiot who reps africans that dont even like you :laff: if you sat at an african restaurant they would serve whites, asians, hispanics and jews before they even got to you

:sitdown:
shut the fukk up