Do you consider Africans from Africa, South America & the Caribbean.....as "Blacks"?

T'Kuvma Da Unforgettable

My Wallabies attract bowlegged b1tches
Daps
:upsetfavre:

I hurt you didn't I?

I live in DC. I go to a great school & the metro works just fine :lawd:

I have no ill will towards you bruh. Have a good night :smile:

nah..bruh nah

no ill will towards you either bruh..

that school has failed you my nikka

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
:mindblown:

u shoulda been that nut running down your mother's leg..but ima let u live

dude is dodging..so why dont u help him out genius

school this 'dumb' AA on this magnificent AA's culture and food thats 100% void of African roots/influence/genesis

Please dont include the following

-pants sagging
-talking loud in movies
-being deadbeat dads
-slanging rocks

I will wait..

rofl @ this desperation

any self respecting black man can see the obvious cultural differences between native africans and american born

those folks are closer to asians than us, most of em dont even acknowledge or like associating with american black folk

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I'm sayin, what they be teachin' yall at Howard breh? I keep runnin into yall types sayin this wild shyt. I'm personally glad you made this thread cuz at least it could be discussed despite whatever dumb shyt was said. But real shyt, do you think black people in the 60s and 70s would feel the same way you feel right now? When Ethiopia was attacked by Fascist Italy in 1935, many people in Harlem raised money to support the war effort for the Ethiopians. Surely they could just scoffed at the notion of helping some Africans they don't know, especially in those times.

Clandestine cacs been winning in a major way in the post-Civil Rights Era I swear, it's a silent war and nikkaz ain't even hip. Get that 3rd eye up.

Topps

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
rofl @ this desperation

any self respecting black man can see the obvious cultural differences between native africans and american born

those folks are closer to asians than us, most of em dont even acknowledge or like associating with american black folk

Dude is just trolling.

Topps

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

school this 'dumb' AA on this magnificent AA's culture and food thats 100% void of African roots/influence/genesis

-pants sagging
-talking loud in movies
-being deadbeat dads
-slanging rocks

I will wait..

No but I did release nut on your mother's tonsils though.

YBE

Banned
Daps

-pants sagging
-talking loud in movies
-being deadbeat dads
-slanging rocks

I will wait..

Im not saying American blacks dont have African roots. What kind of fukking argument is that? :sitdown: Im saying we dont have shyt in common now. It's been 500 years. Jamal has nothing in common with Stewart or Dikembe.

SMH @ the bolded. But we all friends huh? :rudy:

T'Kuvma Da Unforgettable

Daps
rofl @ this desperation

But somehow u cant list these cultural differences??
:ld:

and u do know they are plenty of Africans born and raised in the US..by Africans parents who migrated here...are they native Africans or what?

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
But somehow u cant list these cultural differences??

and u do know they are plenty of Africans born and raised in the US..by Africans parents who migrated here...are they native Africans or what?

close enough

in my thread i added them in too :skip:

the "reaching out" is all one sided, its us reaching to them yearning for some sort of brother hood that they never wanted with us anyways

the dirty secret of the slave trade is the fact african tribes regularly captured other men, women, and children and sold them to spaniards for guns and liquor, they didnt want you then they still dont now :wow:

even when american black folks go to africa for vacation you end up getting worse service than your white counterparts, they assume youre good for nothing :skip:

T'Kuvma Da Unforgettable

Daps
Im not saying American blacks dont have African roots. What kind of fukking argument is that? :sitdown: Im saying we dont have shyt in common now. It's been 500 years. Jamal has nothing in common with Stewart or Dikembe.

SMH @ the bolded. But we all friends huh? :rudy:

doggie..u said our AA culture,food and music have nothing in common with Africans...

Do i need to go back and quote the shyt?

Topps

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
close enough

the "reaching out" is all one sided, its us reaching to them yearning for some sort of brother hood that they never wanted with us anyways

the dirty secret of the slave trade is the fact african tribes regularly captured other men, women, and children and sold them to spaniards for guns and liquor, they didnt want you then they still dont now :wow:

even when american black folks go to africa for vacation you end up getting worse service than your white counterparts, they assume youre good for nothing :skip:

Stop wasting your time responding to him. He is a undercover white troll. :troll::heh:

YBE

Banned
Daps
nah..bruh nah

no ill will towards you either bruh..

that school has failed you my nikka

You're entitled to your opinion. Again, I dont have an issue with you. Whatever :manny:

rofl @ this desperation

I see it. You see it. Apparently, nobody else does.

I'm sayin, what they be teachin' yall at Howard breh? I keep runnin into yall types sayin this wild shyt. I'm personally glad you made this thread cuz at least it could be discussed despite whatever dumb shyt was said. But real shyt, do you think black people in the 60s and 70s would feel the same way you feel right now? When Ethiopia was attacked by Fascist Italy in 1935, many people in Harlem raised money to support the war effort for the Ethiopians. Surely they could just scoffed at the notion of helping some Africans they don't know, especially in those times.

Clandestine cacs been winning in a major way in the post-Civil Rights Era I swear, it's a silent war and nikkaz ain't even hip. Get that 3rd eye up.

I can tell you a cool dude offline. I respect you. This thread got heated & alot of ill shyt was said. If it came off disrespectful, my bad.

I think most AA's would say, they judge Africans, Afro-Latinos & West Indians on a case-by-case basis. If they cool, we can build. Problem is, I've met a few with superiority complexes. Most of them older. This, "We are all One" collective on The Coli.....I dont see that shyt IRL. I see most of them with their own, differentiating themselves from AA's/Blacks, whether on purpose or unknowingly. I was just asking why is it wrong for AA's/Blacks to do the same.

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
people misunderstanding what you mean when you say black

obviously we share the same skin tones

but thats really where it ends

• Dap
Reactions: YBE

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
close enough

:usure:

This was common amongst the tribes of Africa. There would be war, and the victor would return with slaves and loot. But African slavery was much different from chattel slavery or the brand of slavery practiced in the Muslim world. When Europeans started trading with Africans, those slaves began to be sold much in the same way slaves were sold in other parts of the world in that time period. The allure of European goods was hard to ignore, but underneath the friendliness was cruel intentions. But not every tribe was keen to do business with the white man, and those tribes were usually eliminated and enslaved first.

What's neglected or forgotten is that once the demand for African slave labor reached a fevered pitch it was no longer a matter of going to the Chief/King and trading guns/liquor for slaves, now it was provoke wars between tribes and even between tribes and other Europeans who already had designs towards colonization. In the end, those African tribes you speak of that sold slaves ended up suffering the same fate more often that not. The drunk chief/king became a slave, the merchant became a slave, the shaman became a slave, the slave stayed a slave, everybody lost.