Do you care about your hotel accommodations on vacation?

How important is the hotel?

• Don't care / Wherever's Cheapest

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Must be Comfortable, Clean, and Nice

Votes: 37 69.8%
  • Luxury baller shyt only

Votes: 14 26.4%

• Total voters

TinFoilSnapBack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

A lot of people are attacking him for being classist. They're also saying, "You're only gonna sleep in the room, it doesn't need to be luxurious".

First of all, I don't think the brother was saying he has to be in a luxury hotel. Personally, I understood EXACTLY what he was saying. I don't travel with anyone but my lady for this exact reason. When I'm on vacation, I want the whole thing to be enjoyable or at least comfortable/relaxing. Taking a Spirit Airlines flight and staying at a roach motel is a huge no from me. Again, it's not about staying in some five-star joint. I usually stay at the Holiday Inn, because I'm a member. Even then, I read reviews and view pictures to see which one is the best in town. I want the place I lay my head to be comfortable.

:yeshrug:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
everyone has their preference…it becomes corny when folks try to insist on their preference being the “standard”…I see why he said it mockingly tho…I’ve seen dudes who settle for meager accommodations try to act like they’re shaming folks for overspending and paint their preference as being financially responsible blah blah blah…if you want to skimp on hotel accommodations—good for you…if you want to spend extra for maximum comfort—good for you…do what the fukk you can afford/be comfortable with

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Nah, when I go on vacation I'm not trying to spend extra $$$ that I don't have to, especially if we'll barely be in the room.

Usually I'll go with the cheapest place that's not a shythole. If somebody else is paying then it's up to them :yeshrug:

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Location is more important than the luxury aspect for me.

Price being equal, give me a clean, well reviewed 3 star hotel that's centrally located over a 5 star joint that's out of the way. I don't care for hotel amenities whatsoever. I'm trying to be out and experiencing the city.

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
If you can afford the finer things in life, do it, it’s so fun honestly.

I’m also not too boujie to go from a 5 star property to a 3 star hotel. My focus on vacations are the people im going with, and the fun we will have, if I gotta stay in a cheap (bug free) hotel over a luxury one, so be it :yeshrug:

But I will say it’s 100x better staying in luxury. I got an amex plat card (s/o the amex gang thread), and they have deals with luxury hotels all the time called ”fine resorts and hotels”

Around Valentine’s Day, I seen a deal at the Wynn through amex for $222 a night with $70 a day breakfast credits, $100 spa credits, suite upgrade, and 4pm check out/12pm check in (clutch because Vegas hotels check in at 3pm, so flights landing earlier than 3pm are usually cheaper.)

a 3 night stay totaled to $300+ in free credits, and brought my net price down big :wow: not even including the free upgrade

I wish y’all could’ve seen the way my girl was throwing it back that trip :wow: